test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Accolade bug - revisit

Would have sworn I saw this bug last year, but here it is again. Sent a ticket in like everyone else who botheres with it. no reply yet.

Didn't post to tech, since there is no point in doing so. Added to General, as this is the area we actually look.

Have heard one person was told it was 'unable to be replicated'. I'd like to prove them wrong, so...

Here's a crappy quick vid of it. You'll know it when you see it.

Please, comment if you have run into this bug!

Comments

• Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    Personally I think it has something to do with the Chef Accolade.
  • Options
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Yes! I know I was experiencing this when I was obtaining the accolades in the Gingerbeard Village Invasion queue. Specifically, I was working on the accolades associated with helping the Gingerbread people.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    chucktcchucktc Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Yeah, that's been happening to me for a while now.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Same here. I figured out if you display all it jumps, if you just display either in progress or completed separately it stops.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    Same here. I figured out if you display all it jumps, if you just display either in progress or completed separately it stops.

I thought the same thing as well, that it was just the display all that was bugged. Then I tested it out and it doesn't always work. Sometimes the bug is still active when you do either of those other two options.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Quick Note:
    as for trying to post to the listed "Bug Reporting" Announcement from Capt. Smirk from back in 2014? Well, those are all dead links and just send you back to the main Forum page. (it's so old, it still mentions the Mac users)

Thus, one of the reasons this post is here instead, since some people actually read this part of the forum - but not the Tech area.

*shrug*
  • Options
    ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Same thing is happening to me.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Same problem Accolades are unreadable and I have no idea which Winter Accolades I need to get. If not fixed soon another wasted year at trying to get winter Accolades.
  • Options
    Tied this thread straight into the Support Ticket concerning this issue.

Remember, if you've run into this problem during your game, please comment on it here.
  • Options
    lexxie1983lexxie1983 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    have the same thing
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Same thing for me though if you display all they're still if you display in progress which is what I want to look at it it jumps everywhere and is unreadable.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    still waiting to hear back from support. *twiddles thumbs* no response today.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Response NoEmber via Email
    12/17/2016 06:05 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We’re very sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue that has affected your gameplay experience negatively.

Having reviewed the information you supplied, we've come to the conclusion that this may be the result of an unreported gameplay bug.  Regretfully, we don't have a resolution for the issue at this time.  We are always trying to improve the gameplay experience for all of our games and we appreciate the time you took to notify us of your concern. We would like to resolve the issue as quickly as possible; however, some issues require development time from departments outside of Customer Support and cannot be immediately resolved by a Game Master.

The best way for us to ensure that this is resolved as quickly as possible is for you to directly submit an in-game bug report with your findings by selecting 'Bug Report' from the list of available help options. This ensures that our developer and quality assurance teams receive all of the information they need to properly investigate the cause of a given issue.

Though the QA team will not directly respond to individual bug reports, all submissions are reviewed, and our developers will work to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have any other inquiries. 

Regards,
    NoEmber
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well. It's a reply anyway...

Did the bug thing. Had to do it in the game, at the zone it happened. likelihood they'll figure it out from there? Ziltch. Sent them the link to this thread. but...
    they probably won't look at the vid since that actually shows the issue.

>.<
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    UPDATE:

Well, I reviewed the bug again today - had to for something else. Seems they fixed part of it, or it self-corrected, which is possible since I did a hard reinstall a day or so ago (took friggin forever!). So for me, the bug stops just above the 'General Accolades' list. Don't know if they did anything or not as of yet.

If your's is still wonky, where on the list of accolades is it messing up?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    For me, it was messing up in the section that contains the Gingerfriend and Gingerbuddy accolades. As soon as I completed the Gingerhelper accolade, both Gingerfriend and Gingerbuddy showed in my list, even though I had not completed Gingerfriend. I then started getting that scrolling error. It didn't go away until I completed those accolades.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch