test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feature Request: Deleting Admiralty Cards

xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
First of all, I hope this is the appropriate forum to put this in, didn't see one for admiralty, and it's closest to doffing, mechanics wise as well as UI wise.

Second of all, it is a first world problem, so probably not of a very high priority, but it would give me some convenience.

My problem is: I have acquired quite a few ships and admiralty cards over the years, through giveaways, events and plain old buying them. My "fleet" is perfectly capable of filling (almost) all admiralty requirements to 100% easily, and I know the important ships inside out, so when I see an assignment I already know which ships I want to use for it. Now the problem is getting to find those ships inbetween all the one-time use cards. Every so often (my threshold is usually when my roster exceeds 100 ships) I take one or two days off to fire away only one-time use ships to clean up my inventory, but that suddenly requires some thought for the higher tier missions and thus increases the time I need for admiralty.

What I would like to see is a possibility to delete one-time use admiralty cards. It is your inventory, and I think some kind of "discard" as in other inventories to keep it from cluttering is a plus. There doesn't need to be any payoff or (at least for me) reclaim button. I sometimes would even want to delete some of the to me less useful permanent cards (like the -25% maintenance shuttles, I log in once a day at roughly the same time - all but the Tour of Duty missions will have their maintenance completed by then, the ToD won't, whatever bonusses I apply) but I guess that could lead to problems.

Also welcome additions and/or alternatives would be: one-time use ships stacking up or a toggle "get reward type X", which could also come in handy for things like Fed Prisoners I don't really care about that much. (The effort of airlocking existing prisoners to make room for them instead of insta-delete is not really worth the 1dil/10CXP)

As I said, first world problems, and I can continue playing like this, and there may be more pressing issues to address, but this would really be a convenient thing for me - and maybe for seven and a half other players, too.
My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries

Comments

• captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    Why not just use them?
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Yeah, I have been shooting them off like crazy since then, trying to get rid of them as quickly as possible. Still, the best (for me) would be to just lose them automatically. Kinda OCD and not very important, I know.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    You could send 24 one-time use ships in one go. Pick all the 15 or 30 minute missions and those things will be history very fast.
  • redspecter23redspecter23 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Rather than delete, perhaps a more detailed set of options on what ships to show. You could hide all shuttles or one time ships for instance. No need to delete them if they are not seen. If you ever do need them, it's one click away.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    It really would be nice if the interface was far more functional to say the least... You would think the UI would get far better design but instead we get fixed fields which cant be altered; very vexing...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Rather than delete, perhaps a more detailed set of options on what ships to show. You could hide all shuttles or one time ships for instance. No need to delete them if they are not seen. If you ever do need them, it's one click away.

I'm for that.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!