This weekend with all the upgrading, I actually paid attention to ground kits for the first time and came up with a lot of questions. Searching answered some of them, but I still have a dead end on a number of them and finally just figured I would ask in hopes of someone else knowing what might be up. Some things I can't tell if they are by design or bugs.
1. Are there official rules for what and how modules can be upgraded? I've noticed that the modules from Intel, Command, and Temporal that I've purchased apparently can't upgrade at all (I've only bought a couple, so maybe I just bought bugged ones). Others seem to top out only at Ultra Rare quality (seems that anything that doesn't come to you as gold can't go to gold, though I can't find an official word on that or why). One kit module wouldn't even let me upgrade to MK XIV over the weekend (at XIII it told me it had reached max level), but tonight it did let me level it up to XIV so I'm guessing that was maybe an odd bug?
2. Other than buying and trying to equip both at the same time, is there a way to know which modules are mutually exclusive with each other - e.g. exothermic and endothermic induction but not apparently Beam Turret & Biotech Turret?
3. Do duty officers which enhance exothermic induction also enhance endothermic, since the two kits are "the same"? By extension, do duty officers who enhance one iteration of a power basically enhance all versions of it?
4. Do the duty officer chances to beam in additional supporting turrets and drones also work with the various kit modules available from lock boxes and fleet holdings?
5. If the answer to 3 is "no," are there duty officers that do enhance endothermic, or cold abilities in general? I've got a science guy doing a freeze/DOT thing, and trying to find information on what duty officer "powers" there even are in the game is...yeah.
6. Is there a ground equivalent of gravity well - basically pulls everyone in and traps them? I'm thinking paradox bomb maybe does, but it reads as "-X pull" which sounds more like it repels.
Whoops, forgot one: 7. Does the Vaadwaur shield drone actually fight, or will it basically only support? The wiki says something about if there's absolutely nothing to aid it may attack, but wouldn't I always at least be there?
Any answers would be appreciated. Play testing could probably answer these, but that means investing all the resources to buy them all and then the time to wait for random chance to hopefully trigger if it's going to.