test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kelvin timeline advanced warbird - T'laru Science without 2nd deflector and Science ship skills ??

fcedfced Member Posts: 385 Arc User
edited November 2016 in Romulan Discussion
Hello,
I would like to know what the Developers was thinking when they released the Kelvin timeline advanced warbird, the T'laru...
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Kelvin_Timeline_T'laru_Intel_Carrier_Warbird

This ship have a commander Science Bridge officer, but it don't have secondary deflector or the starship science functionnalities.

So how should we play this ship ?
PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
Post edited by fced on

Comments

• Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    fced wrote: »
    Hello,
    I would like to know what the Developers was thinking when they released the Kelvin timeline advanced warbird, the T'laru...
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Kelvin_Timeline_T'laru_Intel_Carrier_Warbird

This ship have a commander Science Bridge officer, but is don't have secondary deflector or the starship science functionnalities.

So how should we play this ship ?

If it had a Secondary Deflector, it would literally be an "I win" button.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Its a carrier not a science ship. Its not supposed to have a secondary deflector.

if you dont want it I can give it a good home
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Are carrier supposed to have a Science commander BOF ?
    Usually if a ship have a Science commander BOF, it is a science ship, and science ships should have a secondary deflector and science abilities, but the Tl'aru don't have those functionalities and gears...
    So my question was : which build (skills) do they have in mind when they released this ship (it is frequent to see developers which don't play their games, ask to Bungie with Destiny and their raids)...

I like this ship (except one thing, it take too much place on the screen, even with camera zoom, it is still too big ), but I don't understand in which category it should be...
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    I like this ship (except one thing, it take too much place on the screen, even with camera zoom, it is still too big ), but I don't understand in which category it should be...

Full carriers have kind of their own category. With that said there's a bunch of carriers with a cmdr sci and none of them a sec. deflector or sensor analysis, that's just how it is.
    Same as with tac carriers, they've all got 2 bays, a 4/3 layout and a cmdr tac despite hte fact that most have the size & maneuverbility of cruisers.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    having flown around one in the temporal raider, I will agree... its farkin huge
  • Options
    yes, they should add a camera zoom level (wide angle) for this ship...
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Are carrier supposed to have a Science commander BOF ?
    Many do , but not all. The first Carriers that were available in this game were Science Commander ships. (Vo'Quv and later the Kar'Fi).

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.