test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My game launch TOS Klingon Captain - can he be a 'real' Klingon now?

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
Hi all,

Anyone know if there is a way to make my TOS Klingon captain I made at game launch a 'Klingon' code-wise instead of an 'Alien'?

You see, back when the game launched, there was no option for 'humanoid' (TOS) Klingons. The only way you could play one was by creating an 'Alien' and making them look like a TOS Klingon. That has changed, and it is now possible to create a true TOS Klingon in the character generator (ones that Tribbles scream at - lol).

I really don't want to delete my character that I've had since launch, let alone have to level him all over again. Is there any way to change race (Alien to Klingon) so I can have a 'real' TOS Klingon?

Please Dev Team, can you work some magic so I can be a real boy, err, Klingon, now?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    Nope. While often requested, Species, Career and/or Gender changing is not something Cryptic has a mechanism for, and seems unlikely to happen anytime soon.
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    I've got the same situation, as my TOS Klingon is a (Delta Recruit) Alien. But, to be honest, does it matter?

The Quch'ha were often viewed as a (degenerate) separate species by Hem'quch Klingons, and were supposed to have a more "human" (less aggressive, more flexible) mindset as a result of neurological changes. This maps well in-game to their having the "soldier" ground trait and the greater flexibility of an extra space trait.