test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Idea to help fleet with projects (fleet mark lockout until other contributions filled)

tinkerbelchtinkerbelch Member Posts: 138 Arc User
Add a setting where fleet mark contributions only open up after other contributions are met. This should be a setting of course and not forced without fleet leadership choosing it. Bottom line, people get cheated when they finish a project just to have other people jump in front contributing only FM after the cooldown on the next project. This is compounded with someone having to replicate provisions (big fleet credit drain) with no way to earn the credits back until the next project cooldown is over.

Or maybe just make the other contributions worth more credits so people will do them instead of just filling the fleet marks.

Please +1 this please. Small fleets already have it too tough.

Comments

• Options
    h4p4xh4p4x Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I feel your pain. I currently own a T4 fleet which has been stagnant since I went through the roster and kicked inactive players and/or people who hadn't donated a single thing; my roster is now down to 38 -- and still some aren't donating. Honestly, the only reason my fleet's at T4 is because I have carried it this far, I'm #1 on all our holdings' leaderboards by a wide margin. I estimate that since I started building the SB last August I've spent in the $6-7,000 range, and there's no end in sight yet.

I realize that most players don't have access to real world money. I count myself very fortunate for this. I also understand that playing the game everyday is just impossible for a lot of us. I only ask that my fleet mates play at least once a week, and when they do, donate what they can. And the majority of them can't even do that!

When projects come up, people fill up the expertise, sometimes the EC's, but never the DOFFs and absolutely not the dilithium. And to counteract them doing what you said -- filling up the fleet marks only -- I changed the rank for donating to fleet projects to LT, and the only way to get to that rank is by promotion, which comes from running PvEs with us, or by playing almost daily, or (this one hasn't happened yet) by volunteering for a fleet job (like Recruiter, Trainer, etc.). That seems to be the only way to stop lower ranks from raiding the projects with only marks... or at least it's working for me.

I've said from the beginning that once my fleet hit T5 I was going to fire just about everybody and start recruiting for experienced fleet players, like on FB. As you can see, I've already started implementing the plan. By the first of the year, I'll have it going full-force. Bad as I hate it, all the heavy lifting will still have to be done by me, but I'm used to it by now and it's not even worth the effort to complain anymore. And they're not going to change the way donations are done or they would have, IMO.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

You got ninja-ed on the Fleet Marks; it sucks. When you have people wait for all others items to be filled first... you'll still get ninja-ed on the Fleet Marks, and it will still suck. :P

Dilithium should pay out more Fleet Credits than the current 1:1 ratio, though, on that we can agree.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Not a problem at my fleets. But I can see how struggling or smaller fleets can have this problem.

You can't make everyone happy. Since the inception of the fleets, this has been a problem for some. The incentive would be to give extra credits for the stuff that people usually dont want to donate or join an armada that can help as well.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Realistically speaking, the fleet owner is responsible for all of the non-fleet mark inputs of a leveling fleet. Frankly, that's the cost of owning a leveling fleet. A lot of folks are too space poor to actually own fleets, but they want to own them so badly they insist that this burden be paid by non-owning members.

Expecting randoms to pay that bill, without giving them any ownership rights, is a silly expectation at best but often it's just outright exploitation of well-intentioned folks by digging into their wallets and space wallets rather than the owner's. After a while, folks who repeated pay this bill very often find themselves resenting it, feeling the owner has taken advantage of their generosity.

Demanding a policy where non-owning members are unable to convert their fleet marks into fleet credits, until they have paid the owner's bills, is pretty messed up.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    "I've said from the beginning that once my fleet hit T5 I was going to fire just about everybody and start recruiting for experienced fleet players, like on FB."

Sounds like a good reason NOT to contribute....you'll just bounce me after you get what you want, so why should I help you do it faster?
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    What do you expect? No-one can spare the dil and DOFFS are still a PITA, especially civilians.
    I've said from the beginning that once my fleet hit T5 I was going to fire just about everybody and start recruiting for experienced fleet players...
    So what if they're not contributing? I get the impression you're not banging your head against the membership cap.

Even our very small fleet has dead wood. As far as I'm concerned they can stay as long as they want, even if it's just so they can have "Pirates of the Empire" above their characters. If they decide to chip in with a little dil now and then I'm hardly going to object; it's not like they're eating up all our provisions.
    Q9BWcdD.png