test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there any particular reason why tech upgrades and accelerators are expensive now?

Other than possible ground kit upgrades, is anything in particular causing prices to spike on the exchange for all tech up grades and accelerators?

It's as if there is a double tech point weekend going on.

Comments

• Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Other than possible ground kit upgrades, is anything in particular causing prices to spike on the exchange for all tech up grades and accelerators?

It's as if there is a double tech point weekend going on.

The prices spiked significantly due to the demand for Ground gear ones (for all the Kit Modules and Frames), meaning the bots (and they are mostly bots, churning out stacks of 100 is a tediously slow process when you can make at most 12 every 15 mins (unless you are willing to spend massive amounts of Dil, and a billion clicks)) are all producing Ground techs, and the supply of the other kinds has dropped.

Add to that the GBS (Greedy [PROFANITY] Syndrome) where sheer greed shoves prices up for no reason, and you have your explanation.

Also, if I recall, Ground Gear techs were always expensive due to their already high demand (for ground armour and weapons), but now the demand is even higher, so to maintain their numbers, the others suffer (for some strange reason, Science ones are still the cheapest), even Beam (if you go into STO's broken world of DPS where CrtD's stupid non-diminishing returns are abused to the nth degree) have gone up, and the demand for those is still high.

The STO exchange is a standard Supply/Demand situation, but with an added dose of GBS of putting prices up for no reason, with nobody with the sheer volume of items needed to keep it down.

Not to mention that EC prices are regulated somewhat by the price of Keys, which is regulated by how many keys are in circulation which is tied to the Zen/Dil rate. If keys have dropped in value, then prices drop across the board, if keys have increased in value, then prices go up across the board.

You could always craft them yourself, but the materials cost MORE than 1 upgrade, last time I checked, you had to luck out and get 2 Sup Techs on every craft to actually make any profit on making Sup Techs, and there is no way to realistically get all the crafting mats needed to make enough Sup Techs to actually do anything (15 needed to take a Mk XII Purple Space Weapon to XIV).

The simplest solution is to buy some Zen, whether it be with £/$/Euro/Etc or Dil, buy keys, then sell the keys. Or come across that one item everyone wants, but you can farm cheaply.

Accelerators, especially the useful Quality ones (which are best applied with an Experimental Tech Upgrade on a Mk I to make the most of them), on the other hand were ALWAYS expensive, as they only come from Crafting Weekends and R&D Packs.

P.S. I remember the days when the Dil/Zen rate was between 70-80Dil to 1Zen, and Keys were Sub 1mil. Then LoR (about the only bad part of LoR was the start of the market crippling it brought) came along and ruined the market with it's early hype, which upped the prices, but never gave them time to drop.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah, I suppose I didn't take into consideration less crating of other Tech Upgrades as people / bots shifted to Ground Upgrades so prices go up as production goes down. I tried my hand at crafting, but it wasn't worth the time and effort due to the cost of buying the mats. It's easier simply to buy the upgrades for a negligible price difference, or less expensive than crafting.

EC is not an issue for. I got plenty at the moment, I'm just rather judicial about how i spend it. I generally tend to stock up from time to time looking for good prices on the exchange. I suppose I simply under estimated the situation. Quality accelerators are not too expensive; typically around 300k - 350k EC when there is nothing really affecting supply and demand. I see them drop down close to 200k EC whenever there is an R&D sale / promo.

I suppose I simply need to wait a bit for prices to die down so that I can start buying upgrades and accelerators again.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    meaning the bots (and they are mostly bots, churning out stacks of 100 is a tediously slow process when you can make at most 12 every 15 mins (unless you are willing to spend massive amounts of Dil, and a billion clicks))

The 200-300 superior tech upgrades that somebody buys each day from me take only 5 minutes of my attention to generate so no bots needed.

The costs involved are indeed zero Dil and I’d doff/admirality my 10 toons anyway. 100-150 additional klicks a day for roughly 20 mil EC profit are a good bargain. Much better payoff than I get for carrying noobs through PvE!* :)

*cca under event conditions may be excluded from that estimate.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    the accelerators come from R&D packs which people only buy when there is a promo on.
    This is the main answer. As a JHAS type promo comes out, the price of accelerators tanks. Over time it gradually climbs until another promo comes out. Repeat.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.