test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ULC 29 Discussion Thread: Temporal Intrigue

aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
This is the discussion thread for ULC #29: Temporal Intrigue

As always, please, as usual, be kind, polite, and respectfuhl!

Comments

• Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Ooh, nice diversity of topics on a similar theme for this one.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User

Indeed.

Not sure if I can come up with anything for this, though - the topics aren't really speaking to me, not to mention I already have a LOT of other entries I need to finish - though I might wait for December's ULC30 and the Redux prompt to post them.
    76561198160276582.png
  • Options
    takeshi6 wrote: »

Indeed.

Not sure if I can come up with anything for this, though - the topics aren't really speaking to me, not to mention I already have a LOT of other entries I need to finish - though I might wait for December's ULC30 and the Redux prompt to post them.

Yay, someone else is online! Everyone must be sucked into the game with the Crystalline Entity....

I think the ULC may be getting infested by crickets.....

• Options
    code743code743 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    takeshi6 wrote: »
    Indeed.

Ditto. I've got something coming for ULC28, but it's been a struggle. I might just take the time to get it polished instead.
    I could possibly work with the spoon prompt, but I've gone down that kind of path recently with my Amber Stewart story in ULC27.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    aten66 wrote: »
    "Mouse Problems"
    By ladyravenstein

A pest has snuck aboard your ship somehow. Maybe some mice or saurian rats or Rigelian lice. Either way they are annoying and you need to get rid of them. How would you go about doing this?

Or Cardassian voles. With all the time Eleya spends in the Deep Space 9 area I wouldn't be surprised if the little buggers have gotten aboard USS Bajor at some point or other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v_kVWFZXeE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4voiketNMAY
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    Tribbles munching on the wiring, tribbles they can never hear, the tribbles, the tribbles in the walls....

Think I might have something, actually, I'll try and see if I can get it down in writing.

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    There Are Four Ships, and you'll hopefully love every one of them. Bonus points if you mention hidden clues and little references I sprinkled in it.
  • Options
    There Are Four Ships, and you'll hopefully love every one of them. Bonus points if you mention hidden clues and little references I sprinkled in it.

I caught some references to previous stories. Interesting confrontation on the results of sacrifice.

• Options
    Got another one out, this time I think I'm going to name it Cricket Frenzy. Please enjoy this short story!
  • Options
    Oh, that was a sweet short story.

• Options
    The Long Road, it may not end here, but who knows when Q is involved?
  • Options
    Ooh, that was nicely doing some 'Mirror' versions of previous temporal incursions. :)

May not get done this month, working on my other story, but will have something eventually.

• Options
    Ooh, that was nicely doing some 'Mirror' versions of previous temporal incursions. :)

May not get done this month, working on my other story, but will have something eventually.

Yeah, it appears I'm the only entrant this month, lol.

Honestly just misrememebring, but what ''Miror' temporal incursions did I refrence? Honestly just curious, I may or may not have done it on purpose.

• Options
    Well, I noted a variant version of Carbon Creek, which I guess is more of a space incursion, and you mention 'Little Green Men'. Philip Green as major historical figure, and a weapons platform was mentioned in First Contact but a rapid firing makes me think Assignment Earth, a bit, and then leading up to the Defiant in In a Mirror Darkly.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Cool, yeah, those are the ones I thought you meant. Though there is one person you're forgetting.

Edit: Also fixed some formatting in my entry.
    Post edited by aten66 on
  • Options
    Well, it was a quick run-through to make sure I had the right citations. :P

Will get something for one of these prompts up later.

• Options
    well, if no one wants to run ULC 30, I've got an unusual line up ready just in case. Was thinking of doing a Four prompt plus the redux prompt, for a total line up of five topics, to encourage a variety of plot bunnies to help us before they hibernate. Otherwise I'm thinking of shipping some of their Arctic cousins in!
  • Options
    damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    Not sure where I should leave prompt suggestions but I have two:

Why are there two of me?
    Some how another you has been created; be it a clone made when your DNA was introduced to a squichy critter and You2 will only live a few days, or be it via a transporter malfunction that either splits out part of your personality or just copies you perfectly. Write a story about how your captain and their crew deal with the mess

The Captain's Table
    Tell the story of your captain's first visit to the infamous Captain's Table bar. What stories do they tell, who do they see, who do they meet, do they get banned from ever coming back?
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • Options

Why are there two of me?
    Some how another you has been created; be it a clone made when your DNA was introduced to a squichy critter and You2 will only live a few days, or be it via a transporter malfunction that either splits out part of your personality or just copies you perfectly. Write a story about how your captain and their crew deal with the mess

The Captain's Table
    Tell the story of your captain's first visit to the infamous Captain's Table bar. What stories do they tell, who do they see, who do they meet, do they get banned from ever coming back?

You'll notice if you go to the entry thread, there is a link to the LC prompt section, which can be updated there.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    So, the next challenge will be a redux, and it's December so one of the prompts is going to be the annual holidays one. I'll post it tomorrow morning and probably pick out one bonus prompt.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    starswordc wrote: »
    So, the next challenge will be a redux, and it's December so one of the prompts is going to be the annual holidays one. I'll post it tomorrow morning and probably pick out one bonus prompt.

One request, since I'll acquiesce ULC 30: We need Moonshadowdark's It's a Wonderful Life prompt from page one of the suggestion board. It's a winter tradition!
  • Options
    damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User

You'll notice if you go to the entry thread, there is a link to the LC prompt section, which can be updated there.

Cool, hadn't seen that link. Thanks for pointing me to it.

A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • Options
    To round out my solo act this month, with 11 minutes to spare, is Strange Encounters, featuring an odd Orion
  • Options
    I'm in awe of your output. Interesting last story. Temporal mechanics are a pain, but interesting indicators.

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Aten, you pwned all of us in November. Nice work! :p
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    Solaris has a simple mouse problem ... or does it?

I was a little surprised how this came to mind. I'm more surprised how fast it came to my fingers!

I hope you enjoy :)

Cast for crew:
    Kathryn Beringer - Rachel Nichols
    Anthi Ythysi - Kathryn Winnick
    Thel Ythysi - Kevin Sorbo
    Omazei - Gemma Arterton
    Bur’ar - David Ramsey
  • Options
    Solaris has a simple mouse problem ... or does it?

I was a little surprised how this came to mind. I'm more surprised how fast it came to my fingers!

I hope you enjoy :)

Cast for crew:
    Kathryn Beringer - Rachel Nichols
    Anthi Ythysi - Kathryn Winnick
    Thel Ythysi - Kevin Sorbo
    Omazei - Gemma Arterton
    Bur’ar - David Ramsey

The stasis trap is a good way to avoid one made out of meat, though I'm curious how they will lure it in.

• Options
    Thank you for reading!

That was intentional - how do YOU think they'll do it?

For my thinking, the Nunpar is so fast and suggestively random. So it is sure to run into the trap eventually.
  • Options
    Thank you for reading!

That was intentional - how do YOU think they'll do it?

For my thinking, the Nunpar is so fast and suggestively random. So it is sure to run into the trap eventually.

Well I understand crudely lettered signs indicating free food are traditional against rapid-moving, small animals. :)

Actually, it seems to be trying to communicate at times, or go still - maybe a mirror to attract its interest?

• Options
    Oohoh, that's a good idea!

Hmm. I'm stewing on ULC 30 and going the mail route. Maybe I could "continue" this one there ...

Hmm hm hm ...