test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warmly smiling characters??

On existing races, has anyone been able to create really happy characters or boff's?

How ever hard i try, i seem to just get somewhat forcifly amused people >:<
If somebody know how to wiggle the sliders to make characters REALLY smiole, i would be happy to receive some recommendations.

Perphaps there should be "SMILING SLIDER"!
Captain Hunt, at your service!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Max smiling slider.

HPWALFC.jpg​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    You do have the "mouth corner position" slider, which helps a bit but not too much.

The problem is probably that even with real people posing for photos, smiling is an uncanny valley thing. Computer graphics don't do much better. I think one of Shepards smiles on Mass Effect even went memetic for a while for how forced it looked.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The "mouth corner position" slider maxed out looks like a smirk to me.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    It is because a constantly smiling character is not taken serious.

Captain, can you take your ship to the Galordon Gorn system. Same serious things are going on there. A planetkiller might be involved.
    Sure.
    ... What are you smiling?
    ... eh?, well, it looks like fun to me.
    ... Fun? fun? What is up your mind? This is serious. Wait. I will send somebody else. You can clean some toilets here on the base.
  • Options
    radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    Well, LOTRO has nice system where you can select your mood from emotes and it stays on until changed, similar thing would be great here.

Eveb if smiles would be.. Artificial facebook smile :P
    Captain Hunt, at your service!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Well, it is in the game. I remember your character's face can look troubled or anxious on some dialog screens. It would also be nice indeed if we could change expressions and stances with a slash command, in stead of swapping to another tailor option. Which is meant for costumes and not for stances.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    And it would fit, I mean, think about it, Kirk smiled because he considered risking against the odds 'fun'; when Sisko smiled warmly it meant he was up to something...
    For those of us with Ferengi characters, there's even a Rule of Acquisition to support the idea; "The wider the smile, the sharper the knife."
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...