test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Couple of needed New Romulus gaming improvements

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
Hi Dev Team!

First off, I want to say thank you for fixing the missing Security Officer on New Romulus! This was a much needed gaming improvement for Romulan characters. :)

However there is still a glaring omission that still prevents New Romulus from being a hub for Romulan players - Academy functionality access. As New Romulus hasn't had a chance to build its own academy yet, I would like to suggest copy/pasting the Academy officers from both Starfleet and Klingon Empire (as holograms) as well as their faction terminals inside New Romulus Command as an 'academy annex'. This would allow Romulan characters to use the terminals here instead of having to fly halfway across the galaxy to do so EVERYDAY (this is a royal pain from a gaming perspective that the other factions don't have to endure). The copy/paste would insure that no 'double dipping' could happen because the terminal, in effect, is the same one on the other homeworlds (so could only be used once).

I would also like to suggest 'cleaning up' Romulan space by removing the Flotilla following the completion of the exclusive Romulan storyline and placing it in orbit of New Romulus afterward (perhaps replacing the useless transwarp gate there). This would bring it inline with the other two homeworlds (like ESD and Klingon shipyards) as a matter of convenience for Romulan gameplay.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I kinda like the flotilla :P

As for an academy we've had plenty of time to build one... we also need a shipyard in orbit since we're cranking out new warbirds for the cash shop fairly often.

also before anyone jumps on it, this is one Romulan player with 4 rom/rem alt that would happily loose the 'double dip' that I never really use anyways if you add these things to NRC or an academy map.
  • Options

As for an academy we've had plenty of time to build one... we also need a shipyard in orbit since we're cranking out new warbirds for the cash shop fairly often.

also before anyone jumps on it, this is one Romulan player with 4 rom/rem alt that would happily loose the 'double dip' that I never really use anyways if you add these things to NRC or an academy map.

I like the Flotilla too. So much in fact, that's why I suggested to have it moved into New Romulus orbit - - so it could be accessed move conveniently. (It's just too far away and out in sector space to get to easily - it should be more like ESD or the Klingon shipyards).

As for a Romulan Academy, remember that it's only been a few months in game time since the discovery of New Romulus. Construction is just getting started on Mol Rihan. So having a temporary 'annex' (a couple of terminals) inside New Romulus Command would be a logical first step.

This also explains the lack of a shipyard at New Romulus as well. I would imagine most ship construction is going on at established colony worlds that were already producing ships for the Empire before becoming a part of the Republic.
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User

I like the Flotilla too. So much in fact, that's why I suggested to have it moved into New Romulus orbit - - so it could be accessed move conveniently. (It's just too far away and out in sector space to get to easily - it should be more like ESD or the Klingon shipyards).

As for a Romulan Academy, remember that it's only been a few months in game time since the discovery of New Romulus. Construction is just getting started on Mol Rihan. So having a temporary 'annex' (a couple of terminals) inside New Romulus Command would be a logical first step.

This also explains the lack of a shipyard at New Romulus as well. I would imagine most ship construction is going on at established colony worlds that were already producing ships for the Empire before becoming a part of the Republic.

The Republic does have these in mind, ICly. This game is known to tip it's hat, if the pattern is big enough, to RP patterns from time to time.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    As for a Romulan Academy, remember that it's only been a few months in game time since the discovery of New Romulus.

Actually its been at least a year, remember the Romulan story arc starts a bit before the fed/klink plot does, and Mol'Rihan was colonized even before the LoR expansion. Also remember this is a society getting help from 2 massive empires and all 3 of them use replicators to make construction much faster and easier.

Consider a Nimitz-class super carrier for the U.S. Navy takes around 7yrs to build with modern technology, thats the size of a small town, and way more complex than a city, and w/o replicators. Shipyards themselves are rather simple affairs, especially unpressurized skeleton styled ones commonly seen in Star Trek.

A year is plenty of time for an academy and some shipyards. No we wouldn't have graduating classes yet, nor would it be the size of SFA yet. Similarly we shouldn't/wouldn't have time for something as massive as ESD to be complete, but it's superstructure could easily have begun to take shape in orbit.

• Options
    As for a Romulan Academy, remember that it's only been a few months in game time since the discovery of New Romulus.

Actually its been at least a year, remember the Romulan story arc starts a bit before the fed/klink plot does, and Mol'Rihan was colonized even before the LoR expansion. Also remember this is a society getting help from 2 massive empires and all 3 of them use replicators to make construction much faster and easier.

Consider a Nimitz-class super carrier for the U.S. Navy takes around 7yrs to build with modern technology, thats the size of a small town, and way more complex than a city, and w/o replicators. Shipyards themselves are rather simple affairs, especially unpressurized skeleton styled ones commonly seen in Star Trek.

A year is plenty of time for an academy and some shipyards. No we wouldn't have graduating classes yet, nor would it be the size of SFA yet. Similarly we shouldn't/wouldn't have time for something as massive as ESD to be complete, but it's superstructure could easily have begun to take shape in orbit.

It'd be nice if maps were more real-time. lol
    R E M A I N

• Options
    alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    [quote="captainhunter1;1224149"

However there is still a glaring omission that still prevents New Romulus from being a hub for Romulan players - Academy functionality access. As New Romulus hasn't had a chance to build its own academy yet, I would like to suggest copy/pasting the Academy officers from both Starfleet and Klingon Empire (as holograms) as well as their faction terminals inside New Romulus Command as an 'academy annex'. This would allow Romulan characters to use the terminals here instead of having to fly halfway across the galaxy to do so EVERYDAY (this is a royal pain from a gaming perspective that the other factions don't have to endure). The copy/paste would insure that no 'double dipping' could happen because the terminal, in effect, is the same one on the other homeworlds (so could only be used once).

Not so much copy and paste, it will be actually nice to have a real Academy not only for the Romulans but also for the remans too.

I would also like to suggest 'cleaning up' Romulan space by removing the Flotilla following the completion of the exclusive Romulan storyline and placing it in orbit of New Romulus afterward (perhaps replacing the useless transwarp gate there). This would bring it inline with the other two homeworlds (like ESD and Klingon shipyards) as a matter of convenience for Romulan gameplay.

I would rather prefer a Starbase in orbit around New Romulus with a fully functional shipyards. The Flotilla can should be move to another sector of space to serve as a Romulan base like the way the Fed has other starbase that serve as mission hubs.

Thanks! :)[/quote]

"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Moving the Flotilla to New Romulus system space makes no sense. If I have to go through an extra load door to get to the Flotilla then I might as well go all the way to NRCC. I really don't see how the Flotilla is a problem where it is.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Moving the Flotilla to New Romulus system space makes no sense. If I have to go through an extra load door to get to the Flotilla then I might as well go all the way to NRCC. I really don't see how the Flotilla is a problem where it is.

Actually moving the Flotilla into New Romulus orbit does make a lot of sense.

It would bring it on par with the Shipyard in orbit at Qo'nos and ESD at Earth.

Right now I have to go through an extra load screen and travel time to get to the Flotilla from New Romulus (like if I want to talk to the Temporal Agent, etc.) Plus it makes sense from a story perspective too. Once New Romulus became the Republic homeworld, why would the Flotilla NOT be in orbit to protect the planet? (the Republic isn't a bunch of vagabonds just floating in space anymore at that point.)
  • Options
    Because sane races don't put their apples all in one basket :P Even in most non-star trek fiction its quite common to keep your Military HQ away from your homeworld
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2016

New Romulus does have a shipyard inside New Romulus Command, heading toward's the Admiral's Office prior to entering the hallway, there is a turbolift on the right taking you to the shuttlebay.

As for the location of the Flottila I'm perfect happy with where it is. It's still close to New Romulus but close in proximity to the Dyson Sphere. The purpose of the Flottila is really to protect those Republic assets originally from the Tal Shiar or any other enemy force. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    thats a shuttle hangar not a shipyard.... in game mechanic terms it serves the same function... but not lore/roleplay terms
  • Options
    thats a shuttle hangar not a shipyard.... in game mechanic terms it serves the same function... but not lore/roleplay terms

While a Shipyard/Starbase is probably being built in the background, the Republic already has The Vault. ;)
    R E M A I N