test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship 'Smoke Trails'

steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
Post graphics-update, my ship now appears to think it's in the 25th century equivalent of an aerobatic display team and so has white 'smoke trails' streaming off the back of the warp nacelles, and red ones from the impulse engines, whenever I move.

Can anyone direct me to what I need to do to turn the damn things off? They're not linked to any rep gear that I have slotted, and they weren't there pre-patch. Any ideas?

Comments

• starrfoxx71starrfoxx71 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Wasn't it always doing that? Mine were. Unless you are referring to something different.
  • mjohnson75mjohnson75 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Are you sure that you arent using the breen hypercooled impulse engines or have them in your visual slot? If so it has ALWAYS had this effect
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/6Zwj7vN.jpg[/img]
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    mjohnson75 wrote: »
    Are you sure that you arent using the breen hypercooled impulse engines or have them in your visual slot? If so it has ALWAYS had this effect

Nope, I'm using the full Iconian set and there's nothing whatsoever in my visual tab - it literally looks like my ship is trailing smoke out of the warp nacelles in the same way that the Red Arrows do when they display.
    Wasn't it always doing that? Mine were. Unless you are referring to something different.

Nope, it definitely hasn't always been doing that for me.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Not sure I understand this right, because red/purple/green/orange/etc trails for the impulse engines and blue/green/red/orange/white/etc. for the warp engines have ALWAYS existed in the game, only changing colors/sizes/shape depending on the engine and shield visuals used.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • qweeble#7491 qweeble Member Posts: 164 Cryptic Developer
    Could you specify which ship this is? Also, specifying which parts your ship is using, as well as any shield/engine/deflector items? A screenshot would also be of great help in identifying your problem.
    I make space ships!
    Twitter! STO_JamJamz
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    My guess is from reading the posts, the new patch actually popped up a message for everyone saying the graphics were reset. OP, did your ships have any impulse trail prior to the patch? Or did you have your graphics turned down? Might help the community understand if this is just a graphics setting issue, or if they added something to the Iconian set. But every ship I have on all 11 characters using any impulse always has some impulse trail?