What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [October 25th, 2016]

2»

Comments

• Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    A robust patch with all sorts of fixes; Nice. Good to see some of those early KDF missions on the list. I noticed that the Gorn outfit bug associated with the last TOS Mission is no longer listed. It's a big patch so I might have missed a reference to it among all of the other changes? Can anyone confirm the TOS Gorn singlet costume unlock is a go?
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    outlawgraphixoutlawgraphix Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    First off, I'd like to say "Thank You" for the additional inventory slots, they will come in handy!

About the Kit revamp....with the removal of the kits themselves, this removes certain set bonuses (Counter Command and Romulan) that included the kit in the set.

Does this mean that an Engineering officer can now equip Tactical kit modules?
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    First off, I'd like to say "Thank You" for the additional inventory slots, they will come in handy!

About the Kit revamp....with the removal of the kits themselves, this removes certain set bonuses (Counter Command and Romulan) that included the kit in the set.

Does this mean that an Engineering officer can now equip Tactical kit modules?

From what i remember about a dev comment on reddit/sto, the answer is NO.

Engineer Captains, cannot slot Tactical kit modules and vice versa. Basically what the module revamp is talking about if i remember right is removing the modules that have the (2 mechanic, 2 engineer, 1 fabrication). So potentially, if I remember right, you could potentially use 5 mechanic kit modules.

And before you ask, you cannot have 2 copies of like a turret, or a mine barrier for example.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Galaxy Map is the one that shows the entire galaxy, rather than just the quadrant you're in. This is because the Galaxy Map doesn't have a 23rd century version - you see the future. :tongue:
    When I played my AoY characters through the 23c chain, I saw the 23c Galaxy Map, not the future map. Something must have broke it somewhere along the way and instead of fixing it, they just disable it?

Edit: Oh, wait - I see what you're saying now...
    OK, forget what I said as disabling the Galaxy map makes sense.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    kurgis1kurgis1 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Fleet Holdings:
    The various item requirements, such as torpedoes, devices, etc, and Commodity requirements, except for Contraband have been converted into a single Energy Credit entry.
    Any partially completed projects will have their commodity/item requirements removed and replaced with an Energy Credit requirement and the associated progress will be lost.

Yeah thanks for all the fixes but I hope your moderators are ready for the forum burning that is going to take place when the vast majority log in after the patch and this hits home. I pity all the players who were a few hundred or a few thousand ind replicators/terraforming thingies off finishing major Fleet Tier upgrades when they find they just lost the equivalent of 10's of millions of ec worth of progress.

Why oh why couldn't you have dropped a note through the question mark button, like a season update, just informing the player base this was coming in advance, say a few days, and to try and get somethings finished rather than have a massive potential TRIBBLE storm descend?

In 25 years of MMO gaming i've never seen anything like this done with no real notice given - terrible, terrible move.
  • Options
    mcscarypantsmcscarypants Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    "Eyes no longer occasionally pop out when a player sits down."

Well, I'm sure a lot of staff meetings at ESD will be a lot less interesting now.
  • Options
    skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    kurgis1 wrote: »
    Fleet Holdings:
    The various item requirements, such as torpedoes, devices, etc, and Commodity requirements, except for Contraband have been converted into a single Energy Credit entry.
    Any partially completed projects will have their commodity/item requirements removed and replaced with an Energy Credit requirement and the associated progress will be lost.

Yeah thanks for all the fixes but I hope your moderators are ready for the forum burning that is going to take place when the vast majority log in after the patch and this hits home. I pity all the players who were a few hundred or a few thousand ind replicators/terraforming thingies off finishing major Fleet Tier upgrades when they find they just lost the equivalent of 10's of millions of ec worth of progress.

Why oh why couldn't you have dropped a note through the question mark button, like a season update, just informing the player base this was coming in advance, say a few days, and to try and get somethings finished rather than have a massive potential **** storm descend?

In 25 years of MMO gaming i've never seen anything like this done with no real notice given - terrible, terrible move.

What should I do now with the Commodiies from Doff Assignments and Drops. Buying 15k Commodities was not a Problem.

• Options
    kurgis1kurgis1 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Well sell to vendor I presume except ones you would need as inputs into certain doff missions.
  • Options
    skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    kurgis1 wrote: »
    Well sell to vendor I presume except ones you would need as inputs into certain doff missions.

They might remove the commodities as item drop and replace them with EC packs. So you don't need to sell them.

What will be the rate 75 EC = 1 FC?

PS: The Vendors with discount are getting meaningless now, because for just the small amount need for missions does not make traveling though the galaxy worthy.

• Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Well, (crosses fingers) I hope the live version doesn't crash during startup on my machine as Tribble version did the last time I tried... Not blaming the devs if it does, keeping Wine compatibility was never promised, but I'd hate to miss on the new FE.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    I'm not entirely sure of the necessity of adding New Romulus & Kobali Prime missions into the story arc.

It's a matter of timeline; ensuring players now discover the Gateway on New Romulus before "Sphere of Influence" (when previously it wasn't uncommon to reach "SoI" before completing the New Rom Rep and "Secrets of the Ancients", thus attending the Gateway activation before it's ever discovered, in effect) and explore the Kobali Temple and learn about the Vaadwaur stasis pods and see the short cutscene with the Other Harry before they play a role in "Dust To Dust".

Personally, it's something I've been supporting for a while since they (especially the New Rom missions) are such integral parts of the storyline.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    A little blast from the past, but how will the kit revamp affect legacy kits?

Edit: nvm, I found out. Poor poor kits.
    Post edited by yakodym on
  • Options
    omnicyborgomnicyborg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    So when we will get the new patch? when this new upadate start?
  • Options
    omnicyborg wrote: »
    So when we will get the new patch? when this new upadate start?

Per the first post;
    10/25 at 6 AM Pacific for 3.5 hours.

So it starts in about... forty minutes or so, I believe.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    kasrakenkasraken Member Posts: 213 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2016
    -Eyes no longer occasionally pop out when a player sits down.

Oh my! Did they just roll around on the floor once they escaped?

Never mind I don't want to know.

Anyway, good bug fixes I am looking forward to the improvements!
    MacoShield_zpsus2ux3rw.png
    Operational Support Team
    Squishing Bugs for a better future
  • Options
    omnicyborgomnicyborg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    well the game start patching 4gb, then got the the 2gb and stopped... weird. And now the game is ready to engage, but the server is offline... really weird
  • Options
    skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    where's consoles maintenance logs?
  • Options
    trassbummtrassbumm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    October 25 from 6-9:30 AM Pacific (13:00-16:00 UTC) lol for NA is 3 hours and half for rest 3 hours nice PW
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    omnicyborg wrote: »
    well the game start patching 4gb, then got the the 2gb and stopped... weird. And now the game is ready to engage, but the server is offline... really weird
    The last part is normal. You can launch the game even when the servers are down. It's just that you can't actually do anything (other than enter your password and attempt to login.) It's also useful on Wine installs (and maybe, some older, DX9-only Windows boxes) where the first start-up after a patch can take literally up to half an hour, as some graphics stuff is converted.

Speaking of which, it seems that at least that crash I was worried about got fixed. I still don't expect such a huge engine update to just work (and especially with Wine) but I'm starting to be carefully optimistic.
  • Options
    warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    I liked our previous kit system because I could use a kit and add the modules I want then remove it (with modules) and start on a new one. Goodbye old kits, I loved you.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Greetings Captains!
    We will be having a maintenance tomorrow 10/25 at 6 AM Pacific for 3.5 hours. You can find our patch notes here.

WHOA!!! Whoa!! whoa!

One minute here. While reading the patch notes, I came across this item:
    Resolved an issue where torches were floating throughout Qo’Nos.

Why in the Empire would anyone, ANYONE, want to remove this function? It's hard enough being in the KDF already with the Blood Wine and Gahk not to mention the gorch that goes along with drinking and eating THAT stuff. Keep the Sto-Vo-Kor Ghost Lights! It's Halloween!!!​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I'm not entirely sure of the necessity of adding New Romulus & Kobali Prime missions into the story arc.

It's a matter of timeline; ensuring players now discover the Gateway on New Romulus before "Sphere of Influence" (when previously it wasn't uncommon to reach "SoI" before completing the New Rom Rep and "Secrets of the Ancients", thus attending the Gateway activation before it's ever discovered, in effect) and explore the Kobali Temple and learn about the Vaadwaur stasis pods and see the short cutscene with the Other Harry before they play a role in "Dust To Dust".

Personally, it's something I've been supporting for a while since they (especially the New Rom missions) are such integral parts of the storyline.

I just hope that doesn't mean we'll actually HAVE to do that ground stuff when the next delta recruit type event comes around. I'm not a fan of the open ground zones. Boring stuff.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I had a kit in my bank which has modules attached and my bank is full, oh TRIBBLE I hope I don't lose them.
  • Options

I just hope that doesn't mean we'll actually HAVE to do that ground stuff when the next delta recruit type event comes around. I'm not a fan of the open ground zones. Boring stuff.

Honestly? Me neither. Especially on Kobali Prime where the respawn rate pretty much guarantees a player's going to find themselves getting pinchered when the enemies they had cleared out behind them respawn while they're still fighting the enemies in front of them (especially noticable during the mission where you have to raid the Vaadwaur outposts for chemical weapon information on your way up the hillside and during the attack on the main Vaadwaur base). Besides which, even with the site-to-site transporters, half of the time there is simply spent running from objective to objective (on both New Rom and KP).

Well, at least those Ground Adventure Zones still reward the Romulan, Delta and Iconian Marks properly, unlike a certain space battlezone that refuses to recognize 23c Captains and grant them the Terran and Temporal Marks they've rightly earned, especially when they've dropped the stupid Plasma Control Station's metaphasic shields themselves each time, meaning they definitely took part in it...
  • Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I love the 12 extra slots for Inventory. =P
    That helps all my characters out.

Though I wish I knew how long the foundry will be down for. :(
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    tempmastertempmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    what in gods name have you done to the graphics,mine is completely TRIBBLE now even tho i have everything on high ?
    Thanks for destroying my game.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Well I got all my modules back all except for subspace rift which was nowhere in my inventory nor overflow bag. :/
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    STO is unlocked!
This discussion has been closed.