test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Tier XIII for doing all 9 reps

notagain#5499 notagain Member Posts: 18 Arc User
My temporal agent has reached tier 5 on all the reputation projects. I claimed the prize for tier Xiii gear. Yet none of the gear being built after this is tier XIII Ultra Rare, but instead are XII Very Rare. Did they hide a special mission you have to do after you claim tier 5 in all rep. projects in order to get xiii gear? what am I missing?

Comments

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    Had the same issue after claiming the prize. It went away after I opened the initial prize box which is part of the unlock process it seems. If you've already done that try a relog / change toons / change instances or maps.
  • Options
    notagain#5499 notagain Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Well checked other toons on account, have done a total system (PC) shut down and waited about 4 hours and restarted, no change.

Also last rep was Temporal Defense. Made sure I completed the voth, romulan and nukara task where you get awarded you marks, dil and one or two other things. Toon is Lvl 60 Temp Agent. I wonder if you have to complete the entire story line in order to earn it (all arcs)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    did you check your overflow bag?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Any "pre-existing" projects do not automatically upgrade to Mk XIII UR.

Only projects started after claiming the rep reward from the transponder gets the benefit.
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    All you should need to do is claim the reward via the Temporal Transponder like always, then have your other characters go to the NPC (right outside Quinn's office for Feds) to collect the unlock as well.
  • Options
    auctionman1auctionman1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I have done that (it is a 1000 mark reward on non-temp agents) and the gear projects I try to start are still showing only xii. The temp agent he has only a few temp probes to get and he will have finished that, 1 more specialization to complete and as mentioned done all 9 of the rep. projects.

Also noticed that any character that was wearing a kit before the update, most of the parts are now gone, so for example if I had a rare mk XII Plasma Gren., no I have nothing, not in the bank, the mail, account bank, overflow bag, r/d, no where. What did they do to cause players who still had them equipped to now to have to start all over finding these things/r/d/upgrading, yet again. The only ones not lost were those epic event ones, however I noticed on some of my toons some of the winter and summer event mods/kits are missing like the corrosive gren.

Oh well, guess there are 3 new certainties in life, Death, Taxes, and lost gear/mail/power tray layout after STO updates
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    @auctionman1 did you open the reward box you got for completing all reps to Tier 5 on your temporal agent? From what I can recollect I ran into the same issue, wanting to save the box for marks and then wondering why my rep projects weren't upgraded. But it was a 2 part box - open it and you get the Mk 13 UR unlock and another box with the marks (somebody please correct me if I have this wrong), with this initial step on your temporal toon being the key part of the process.

As for the missing kit modules I wonder if this is related to the "phantom kit" issue mentioned in another thread... I have 3 of 15 toons that have invisible kits slotted. Hopefully after a database lube, oil, and filter, flush, etc. it will run smoother and the items will magically be regurgitated.

**I'm assuming you've gone from a ground map to space and back (or vica versa) at least 3 -4 times. It can take that many tries to get your kits & mods back into your inventory**

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Your temporal agent must claim the reward, open any box, and possibly change characters and/or change maps like for new traits.

Your other characters must talk to Phillip Crey (or the Rom/KDF equivalents), claim the unlock, and possibly change characters and/or change maps like for new traits.

Only new reputation projects change. Not existing gear, not the rep store, not the rep daily and hourly boxes. Not fleet gear.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    Note: Phillip Crey NPC is now temporarily missing AoY rewards (dedicated for NON AoY chars only) which were unlocked by AoY char on the same account.

This is a known issue. I hope it fixes soon as I personally see it as being critic. It will allegedly NOT be fixed in today's patch, though.
  • Options
    looks like the AoY NPC claim issue will be solved soon as it was allegedly fixed on the test server Tribble:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1224261/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-october-28-2016 thanks Talos2020 for pointing to look at those release notes :)

Once it will be fixed on Holodeck (hopefully in the near future), made sure to claim on EACH non AoY char on the account, after you unlocked on your AoY's transponder. It will affect newly created (after claiming) projects only, though.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    The patch mentioned was applied on 3/11 on Holodeck. I hope it worked!
    (edited to fix)
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I looked at it and it seemed to be working.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg