test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO, Engineering, and meeting new people.

f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
For those who do not know me, I'm an old school TOS fan, rancher, and live in the middle of nowhere. Literally. My town has 20 people in it.

So, I have this car, I've been trying to work on, keep running, and have came to my wits end on it. So the wife has decided to take it to the mechanics today.

She wanted a list of what all I have done to it, so I gave it to her.

Replaced Spark Plugs, replaced coils, Cleaned all the points, Recoupled the Decoupler, new air filter, rescaled the local herring, Checked hoses for air leaks, smacked the Air intake valve.

So While she is there at the mechanics place, He calls me laughing. Turns out he also plays STO and when he saw that, he just had a giggle fit right there in front of my wife.

I'm hoping that having the car running right will offset her temper, as I understand she is pretty upset with me right now.

Thanks STO for making a bad situation at least funny, and bringing a smile to some of our faces today.​​
My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.

Comments

• Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    That's great - hopefully you get the car running too.

Have you tried reticulating the splines? :)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    I'll add that to the list, and thanks for the suggestion. :smirk:​​
  • Options
    marko#8396 marko Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hello:
    My name is Mark Ostruszka (aka Burt from the 7th federation fleet) I am sort of new to the game, a three and a half month lvl 60
    new fleet admiral love the game. My only wish is to have people who are in ISA's (pugs) follow a veteran player for a while to learn the finer points of playing ISA's and space missions to achieve their best DPS and not just fly willie nillie in the ISA just to say that they fought an ISA.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    For those who do not know me, I'm an old school TOS fan, rancher, and live in the middle of nowhere. Literally. My town has 20 people in it.

So, I have this car, I've been trying to work on, keep running, and have came to my wits end on it. So the wife has decided to take it to the mechanics today.

She wanted a list of what all I have done to it, so I gave it to her.

Replaced Spark Plugs, replaced coils, Cleaned all the points, Recoupled the Decoupler, new air filter, rescaled the local herring, Checked hoses for air leaks, smacked the Air intake valve.

So While she is there at the mechanics place, He calls me laughing. Turns out he also plays STO and when he saw that, he just had a giggle fit right there in front of my wife.

I'm hoping that having the car running right will offset her temper, as I understand she is pretty upset with me right now.

Thanks STO for making a bad situation at least funny, and bringing a smile to some of our faces today.

I like that story, it brought a smile to my face.
    marko#8396 wrote: »
    Hello:
    My name is Mark Ostruszka (aka Burt from the 7th federation fleet) I am sort of new to the game, a three and a half month lvl 60
    new fleet admiral love the game. My only wish is to have people who are in ISA's (pugs) follow a veteran player for a while to learn the finer points of playing ISA's and space missions to achieve their best DPS and not just fly willie nillie in the ISA just to say that they fought an ISA.

Welcome to the game! What you pointed out is pretty true. There are a lot of players who just do their own thing despite what the team does in public queues. But it's kind of like herding cats getting them to listen, even if you're trying to help them.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks Iconians, appreciate it.

I agree with ya also in regards to Marko. I'm always willing to help if I can as well, esp with newer players trying ISA and other cues.​​