test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Canon build on a Battlecruiser

goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
So...here's the idea. I was fortunate and was able to get the D7 Temporal Battlecruiser from the R&D pack to drop. It has a 5 forward 3 aft setup. I was thinking of working on some new gear and making it into a canon build. 5 forward and 3 aft lends itself well to canons. Any thoughts on the kind of energy? Leaning toward Fleet Antiproton or Withering Disruptor.
klingon-bridge.jpg

Comments

• autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    Romulan Plasma backed by Embassy "plasma fire" consoles. Extra bonus points for using the Romulan Weapon Set (all 3 pieces).
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    So...here's the idea. I was fortunate and was able to get the D7 Temporal Battlecruiser from the R&D pack to drop. It has a 5 forward 3 aft setup. I was thinking of working on some new gear and making it into a canon build. 5 forward and 3 aft lends itself well to canons. Any thoughts on the kind of energy? Leaning toward Fleet Antiproton or Withering Disruptor.
    You... you have a D7/K'tinga battlecruiser... and you are asking what flavor of weapons to use?

Isn't it... kinda obvious?

Biomolecular Phaser, of course. Nothing says "I am master of my own destiny" more than a Klingon with green phasers.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Honestly, pick your favorite color, and use energy weapons of that color. I have a tetryon cannon build on my fleet T6 Negh'tev. 400 more lobi, and I'll have all the tetryon actives. The Yamato Cannon WILL eventually come online. :smiley:
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    The screen versions mounted (green) disruptors, which are still pretty effective; I use basic disruptors on mine. AFAIK, the consensus is that regular disruptors are second only to antiproton and coalition disruptors (the latter when used by a team).
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Going with Fleet Disruptors 4 x Dual Heavy Cannons Dmgx3 CrtDx1 up front with a Rep Photon Torpedo and in the rear, two Fleet Disruptor Turrets Dmg x3 CrtDx1 with a Rep Quantum Torpedo. The forward and aft torpedoes fill a rep set role. Bought the Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons last night. I had the turrets already at Mk XIV Epic, so they were ready to go.

The only thing that's puzzling me right now about this experiment is what Space DOFFs to use. I was using a pair of Tactical DOFFs that gave me a really good, 30% chance, 35% Shield Penetration when using Beam Overload. Obviously, on a Cannon build, they are no longer needed as Beam Overload will be replaced with Cannon Rapid Fire. But what's a good DOFF for a build like this?

Thanks for all of the feedback! Q'apla!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

For anyone who's curious...I was able to accomplish this over the weekend. 4 Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons up front with a Terran Photon Torpedo and two disruptor turrets in the rear with a quantum torpedo. It's a different world flying a cannon build. You actually have to fly it to get the maximum effect. But when you fly it well and achieve the effect, it's worth it.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

I'm personally running a pure DHC/Turret build, with Kemocite for some extra punch; after all the D7 in TOS only every used cannons!

Given that, IMO the best choice are cannon ability cooldown Energy Weapon Officers (who raise the uptime on those cannon tac skills - what I'm running) or the CritH / CritD boosting Delta EW officers.

Another useful stunt is to slot Grav Well - which nicely bunches up enemies for scatter volleys.
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Also a thought for the aft weaponry: pop in the heavy Bio-Turret and the Undine Rep Torp and you'll get another boost to disruptor damage.
    Also a thought for the aft weaponry: pop in the heavy Bio-Turret and the Undine Rep Torp and you'll get another boost to disruptor damage.

Nice! WINNER! I have the Bio Turret at Mk XIV Epic already. I'll check on that torpedo! Thanks for the post! Q'apla!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    If I remember correctly it's the superior class of boost as well.
    If I remember correctly it's the superior class of boost as well.

I didn't have time to apply this last night, but hoping I will tonight. Again, thanks for pointing this boost out. It's always good to see a damage boost as big as this one. Like...who couldn't use a 7.5% boost with the vast majority of your slotted weapon systems?!

Set 2: Bio-Molecular Instability
    +7.5% Bonus Phaser and Disruptor Energy Damage
    2% increased chance for Bio-Molecular weapons to apply their Incubation debuffs
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I wanna see the whole build when you're done, please. DOffs, BOffs, Traits. Everything.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    edited October 2016
    I wanna see the whole build when you're done, please. DOffs, BOffs, Traits. Everything.

I will do my best. Worked on getting the Enhanced Biomolecular Torpedo Launcher last night. Am about 175 Undine Marks away. Once I get it and upgrade it to Mk XIV Epic, I will post some pics of gear and BOFFs and DOFFs and stats.

Quick update...I finally got the torpedo last night and was able to upgrade it to Mk XIII. Once I get it to Epic Mk XIV I will post pics.
    Post edited by goodscotch on
    klingon-bridge.jpg

Going to try and do this piecemeal.

D7%20Temporal%20K%27tinga%20with%20sets.jpg.opt860x485o0%2C0s860x485.jpg
    klingon-bridge.jpg

Traits:

Traits.jpg.opt860x485o0%2C0s860x485.jpg
    klingon-bridge.jpg

DOFFs:

DOFFs.jpg.opt860x485o0%2C0s860x485.jpg
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    I am so insanely jealous :(

However. I know you will only bring even greater glory to the Empire! May you find enemies worthy enough to deserve death at your hands! ;)

Qapla!
    I am so insanely jealous :(

However. I know you will only bring even greater glory to the Empire! May you find enemies worthy enough to deserve death at your hands! ;)

Qapla!

Thanks for the compliment. It's a good build for sure, but it's by no means a good PvP build. I get smoked in PvP, 90 times out of 100. Not that I PvP much, but it's no PvP dream boat. But...in PvE...this K'tinga will grind through enemies like a wood chipper through brittle brush. One thing I've discovered since switching to cannons...it's much harder to effectively fly a cannon build than it is to fly a beam build. At least now I have all the bells and whistles to do both so I can switch back and forth from time to time.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    I just do not worry about PvP any longer at all. last time i went in kerrat id kill a fed them poof it was there again some kind of console or space magic trait BS ... so since i only play with canon ships to Klingons really is hard to compete with the magic.but enter a PvP zone at lvl 40 and it is still great fun just hardly ever anybody there.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I'm a bit late I guess, but I would do an AP built. See here: red beams !
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=w8wuCbbUEIE

Crystalline torp and 4 AP DBB forward weapons, ancient omnidirectional AP beam, crafted omnidirectional AP beam and KCB rear weapons. The usual stuff to boost AP damage.

If you stick to disruptors: the new Nausicaan set includes a science console boosting disruptor damage and a disruptor energy torp. Too bad the energy weapon is a disruptor beam.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Nice build! [/10 char]
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    Nice to see this thread revised....

I've taken a slightly different "canon" approach, basing my loadout on the old 1970s deck plans (which I believe were from Franz Josef):

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/book-of-klingon-plans.php

This gives the D7 an interesting mix of Disruptors as the main weapons, with phasers as secondary armament. To model that in-game, I've assumed that the phasers were essentially a point defence system (which is why they were never fired on-screen), so my D7 is mounting standard Disruptor DHCs with coalition disruptor turrets in the rear slots. This actually seems to work - with DHCs are CrtD / Dmg while the Turrets have Acc x2 - the turrets apply that oh-so-nice disruptor resistance debuff and shoot down small targets under CSV, while the DHCs are the main damage dealers.

aurigas7 wrote: »
    I'm a bit late I guess, but I would do an AP built. See here: red beams !
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=w8wuCbbUEIE

Crystalline torp and 4 AP DBB forward weapons, ancient omnidirectional AP beam, crafted omnidirectional AP beam and KCB rear weapons. The usual stuff to boost AP damage.

If you stick to disruptors: the new Nausicaan set includes a science console boosting disruptor damage and a disruptor energy torp. Too bad the energy weapon is a disruptor beam.

The Antiproton beam build was what I had previously. I've since left the cannon build and went with a withering disruptor build that utilizes a few sets that boost disruptor damage including the newest Nauscaan set. The antiproton beam build I had was really, really good. But I think this latest disruptor beam build beats it.
    klingon-bridge.jpg