Which is your main faction of choice?

2»

Comments

• Options
    kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Federation
    kjfett wrote: »
    needs a Romulan Academy and contraband officer

Can the Fed Roms not use the contraband security officer on ESD?

As a supposed "faction" we shouldn't have to and, frankly, shouldn't be allowed to

That's kinda my point in my earlier post. Roms are no more a faction than AoY, but where as AoY only get to pick Federation, Roms get to pick between the two real factions, Feds and KDF. I know some Rom players are going to take offense to that, but seriously, look at it verse AoY. It's like they did a trial run with Roms, realized where they went wrong and made AoY.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    Can't answer without the AoY option.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Romulan Republic

As a supposed "faction" we shouldn't have to and, frankly, shouldn't be allowed to

Of course we should be allowed to. In fact we should be allowed to both ESD and Qo'nos, not have a silly choice to pick one or other. And Fed/KDF should get the same treatment. It's called an alliance.

The gameplay lags so far behind the storyline it isn't even funny anymore.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Romulan Republic
    warpangel wrote: »

Of course we should be allowed to. In fact we should be allowed to both ESD and Qo'nos, not have a silly choice to pick one or other. And Fed/KDF should get the same treatment. It's called an alliance.

Feds and Klinks have been allied before in canon... that doesn't last very long ever... I wouldn't let them on my Capital either.
  • Options
    Romulan Republic
    warpangel wrote: »

Feds and Klinks have been allied before in canon... that doesn't last very long ever... I wouldn't let them on my Capital either.

In the storyline, all the factions are on each other's capitals already. Like I said, gameplay lags behind.
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Romulan Republic
    Well the romulan republic is full faction lorewise, but game wise they force your charater to take up a liaison position with either the Kdf or the Federation. Mostly because of the way the game was designed for two factions and not three. I do think they should give us a romulan starbase even if its tied to the fed fleet or the kdf fleet. They can do it like they are doing with the K13 station. So basically if your in a fed fleet you have the option to build up a separation romulan starbase. Thats what I want to see them do in the future. If Tos charaters are getting their own speical station so should romulans.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Romulan Republic
    Well the romulan republic is full faction lorewise, but game wise they force your charater to take up a liaison position with either the Kdf or the Federation. Mostly because of the way the game was designed for two factions and not three. I do think they should give us a romulan starbase even if its tied to the fed fleet or the kdf fleet. They can do it like they are doing with the K13 station. So basically if your in a fed fleet you have the option to build up a separation romulan starbase. Thats what I want to see them do in the future. If Tos charaters are getting their own speical station so should romulans.

I'd prefer just a cosmetic project that reskinned the Fed/Klink base to look Romulan. We already have a couple Romulan starbase exterior AND interior in game
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Romulan Republic
    Republic supporter here. :)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    Federation
    While I have toons across all factions, Fed is by far the most numerous of my alts.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Federation

That's kinda my point in my earlier post. Roms are no more a faction than AoY, but where as AoY only get to pick Federation, Roms get to pick between the two real factions, Feds and KDF. I know some Rom players are going to take offense to that, but seriously, look at it verse AoY. It's like they did a trial run with Roms, realized where they went wrong and made AoY.

Romulans also get more of a starting storyline when they start. With AoY; it's a five mission (well six in the list, but one is really just a 'hello - here's a cutscene' mission and with the last mission - BOOM - welcome to the 25th century and all the content you've played ad nauseum on your previous Fed) Arc.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Klingon Empire
    Klingon as who wants to be the conformist faction? They are the space control freaks forcing thier view on you while spouting liberty. As long as you comply like a good sheep and drink thier kool aid and let them supress your culture, steal your resources and inventions in the name of the "greater good" or should I say the Federations version of the greater good they won't attack you. However the second you dare think for yourself out comes Star fleet to hammer thier political view on you by force.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Federation
    Beacause I like starfleet!
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Federation

Romulans also get more of a starting storyline when they start. With AoY; it's a five mission (well six in the list, but one is really just a 'hello - here's a cutscene' mission and with the last mission - BOOM - welcome to the 25th century and all the content you've played ad nauseum on your previous Fed) Arc.

You've clearly not been keeping up with the news. There is another AoY mission coming up near the end of the month. They aren't finished with AoY.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • Options
    Romulan Republic
    Except
    A. ToS characters are getting nothing, as K-13 is for EVERYONE, including Klingons
    B. Even if you considered it a ToS only fleet holding, then the Romulans already got one as well, aka, the embassy

TOS characters are by definition included in "everyone."
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Federation

You've clearly not been keeping up with the news. There is another AoY mission coming up near the end of the month. They aren't finished with AoY.

Oh, I'm aware of it - but it's a ccross-faction mission; meaning it isn't AoY character/faction specific or strictly in the 23rd century. IE it doesn't add to the starting AoY storyline; so my previous comment still stands
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    Romulan Republic
    I pity people who's enjoyment of a mission/ship/whatever is dependent on other people not being allowed to.