test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wasn't around to know, but did they re-run the Delta recruitment event?

As the subject asks.

Comments

• bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Nope. I mean not yet.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    And it'll probably be called the Gamma Recruits.. or some such other recruit event.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    No it hasn't re-run. AoY event took place, which was Fed only, with a few new missions, and with unique account-wide rewards.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Temporal recruits != delta recruits.

They are 2 different things. Similar but different things.

Up to this date Delta recruit event was a one shot event.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    OP asked if they re-ran the Delta recruitment event. Answer: no, they have not.

Delta Recruits have unique (read: different) rewards than the AoY/Temporal/whatever-they're-called fed recruitment event that ended.

Also, since both events have account-wide rewards, it is possible for the first type of recruit to benefit from the second's, and vice versa, minus some details that's unique to each recruit: DR I believe was the unique title, icon in selection screen, tesseract device, and some new dialogues and cut-scenes in certain missions, while this new recruit also has a unique title, player icon visible in fleet holdings, access to the initial tutorials, some new dialogues and mini-games in missions, animations, boff and boff training manuals, tribbles, etc.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for the answers.

Interesting that they've designed that these as one time events that will never be available again to new players. Seems they are viewing them in the same light as they now view the Winter and Summer event ships.
    Post edited by drakethewhite on
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Console users might get the Temporal Recruitment event when they finally get AoY.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    OP asked if they re-ran the Delta recruitment event. Answer: no, they have not.

Delta Recruits have unique (read: different) rewards than the AoY/Temporal/whatever-they're-called fed recruitment event that ended.

Also, since both events have account-wide rewards, it is possible for the first type of recruit to benefit from the second's, and vice versa, minus some details that's unique to each recruit: DR I believe was the unique title, icon in selection screen, tesseract device, and some new dialogues and cut-scenes in certain missions, while this new recruit also has a unique title, player icon visible in fleet holdings, access to the initial tutorials, some new dialogues and mini-games in missions, animations, boff and boff training manuals, tribbles, etc.
    Also temp recruit rewards are generally better than Delta. Granted, the simple fact of them being different means that Delta has things Temp doesn't, like the Boff, and Starship trait.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Thanks for the answers.

Interesting that they've designed that these as one time events that will never be available again to new players. Seems they are viewing them in the same light as they now view the Winter and Summer event ships.

I think they view the recruitment event as a booster for the numbers. It's a way to get people in the game and give them goodies that will help them get going when they are coming in so late vs. older players. Obviously, the older players get a chance to take part so they don't feel left out. It's basically so that people are willing to stick around longer if they have goals to achieve in the game, such as the goals that were given in the Temporal recruits event.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    Thanks for the answers.

I think they view the recruitment event as a booster for the numbers. It's a way to get people in the game and give them goodies that will help them get going when they are coming in so late vs. older players. Obviously, the older players get a chance to take part so they don't feel left out. It's basically so that people are willing to stick around longer if they have goals to achieve in the game, such as the goals that were given in the Temporal recruits event.

Yes, I see that.

But I noticed something else. My Temp recruit had a much easier time leveling than did my Delta recruit. The awards stack and as a result each new 'recruit' will have more and level easier. This and the fact that the event don't repeat makes me think this is more about keeping older players playing than it is about new players.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The two aren't mutually exclusive though...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for the answers.

what about all the old players that would miss out because they created 3 faction characters last time the delta event ran or already created a AoY so cant take part, and you don't for one minute assume they will give every player a free slot just so a small fraction of the player base I.E. new players can catch up.
    that is why if they ever run similar events in the future they will always be different as @azrael605 said, so everyone can take part.
    at the end of the day they can rehash the mechanics of delta any way they choose, and they are bound to choose the thing that includes all of the player base, not just a small part of it.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

Thanks for the answers.

what about all the old players that would miss out because they created 3 faction characters last time the delta event ran or already created a AoY so cant take part, and you don't for one minute assume they will give every player a free slot just so a small fraction of the player base I.E. new players can catch up.
    that is why if they ever run similar events in the future they will always be different as @azrael605 said, so everyone can take part.
    at the end of the day they can rehash the mechanics of delta any way they choose, and they are bound to choose the thing that includes all of the player base, not just a small part of it.

I don't think you understand. I never suggested that it be ran instead of a new recruitment event. I was just noting that they didn't run them together. It was quite possible to allow players to create both Delta and AoY recruits for this even for example.

But they didn't, and that indicates how they view the event.

For myself, I neither agree or disagree. I'm just noting it.
    Thanks for the answers.

I don't think you understand. I never suggested that it be ran instead of a new recruitment event. I was just noting that they didn't run them together. It was quite possible to allow players to create both Delta and AoY recruits for this even for example.

But they didn't, and that indicates how they view the event.

For myself, I neither agree or disagree. I'm just noting it.

there is just as much likelihood of running two events in unison as there is of them repeating events, what happens when they run the next event or the one after that or the one after that, 3, 4, 5 events running at the same time, not likely.
    not to mention the fact that it would be a mammoth task as well as confusing for new players to be required to roll characters from each of the events in case they don't run the event again and they miss out.

• scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    They found a model to make us engage in old episodes and build new characters, I'm sure It'll come back again in another form.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Temporal Recruit is the new Delta Recruit. Because onece you make it out of the 23c, all you here about it when you go to the NPC at level and and you hear, "Congratulations! Delta Recruit!"

The rewards are the same as Delta Recruit, they're just expanded out more. Also how they set the rewards, they intend for you to keep them for a long time, i.e. the Commendation Rewards. They don't want a repeat of D.R. where it was make a D.R., play through, get all the rewards, and then delete the D.R.

Of course how they set the rewards hasn't done them any good on this. Most AoY chars I know are already parked in for doffdom. Like mine. I went through all the stories that I needed to for the rewards. I then, did Mirror Invasion, once per day and selected the marks I needed to advance my reps, of course using the AoY rewards to further this along so I wouldn't have to mark farm. Now that I don't have reps to worry about. I can just truly park my AoY char in doffdom for the rest of the rewards. Once i have those... meh, it's getting deleted.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    The rewards are the same as Delta Recruit, they're just expanded out more.
    This wording can easily be mistaken for meaning something which is completely wrong.

- The marks and dilithium rewards are very similar.

- There is a new ship trait rewarded to Temporal Recruits that differs from the Delta Recruits ship trait.

- Delta Recruits rewarded a ship device and a ground device with no equivalent in Temporal Recruits rewards.

- Temporal Recruits rewards a space trait "Rapid Support." Delta Recruits have no space traits as rewards.

- Temporal Recruits rewards special account unlocks that buff reputation project gear, admiralty experience, duty officer experience, general experience everywhere, and specialization tree traits for the player. Delta Recruits has nothing like these system rewards.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • velimattialavelimattiala Member Posts: 111 Arc User

Indeed not. Having completed both (not quite all on Klingong Delta), any new toon I happen to start gets a massive headstart boost from Agent Crey (millions in EC, tens of thousands of Dil, marks numbering hundreds each rep, traits&devices upfront, etc).

Indeed not. Having completed both (not quite all on Klingong Delta), any new toon I happen to start gets a massive headstart boost from Agent Crey (millions in EC, tens of thousands of Dil, marks numbering hundreds each rep, traits&devices upfront, etc).

Indeed, for each one of these a player has each additional one becomes easier and easier. I was rather surprised at how useful Delta was for my new AoY alt. It's a rather significant advantage for those who created characters during these events and in turn that means a significant disadvantage for those that didn't.

"Alt friendly for thee but not for me", is what new players or those who missed the event for whatever reason. Cryptic likely views this as a reward for long time loyal players. I can't disagree with that, but I think I would have found a different reward myself.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    The Recruitment events are for drawing in new players, I think, and give htem a leg up compared to long-standing players.
    But they also mean they are a drawback for everyone that wasn't around for the recruitment. I am not sure that's optimal. Maybe they really should rerun their recruitment events...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    Thanks for the answers.

Yes, I see that.

But I noticed something else. My Temp recruit had a much easier time leveling than did my Delta recruit. The awards stack and as a result each new 'recruit' will have more and level easier. This and the fact that the event don't repeat makes me think this is more about keeping older players playing than it is about new players.

I noticed that my Temporal Recruit received better awards than my Delta. I think the leveling was fairly similar. The purpose of the AoY is to draw in new players, but rewarding existing players is good policy.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Yes they did, it was just called the Temporal Recruit event this time. Next time it will have a different name.

And that alt will be able to TRIPLE DIP.
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
    I often wonder when I see posters saying this or that event should be rerun or past rewards made available for new players how many really give two hoots about new players and only really care for their own benefit so they can get these rewards for alt characters or play for account unlock rewards because they couldn't be bothered before and missed out.

I say tough luck to new players, they had just as much opportunity to play the game earlier as anyone and if they left it this late in the game to start playing they only have themselves to blame, none of the rewards are essential to the game and are just a nice bonus to players who have been playing the game a long time and put in the effort to get these rewards.

I often wonder when I see posters saying this or that event should be rerun or past rewards made available for new players how many really give two hoots about new players and only really care for their own benefit so they can get these rewards for alt characters or play for account unlock rewards because they couldn't be bothered before and missed out.

Not I, I have the account unlocks and the rewards I wanted. I have 'won' the game in my own mind.

But I do think others should have the same option. Just because I was there shouldn't mean anything- it didn't take anything special, just the ability to log into a game designed for mass play (i.e. nothing hard at hard).