test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dedication plaque/commemorative plaque

jonathan#1031 jonathan Member Posts: 105 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Controls and User Interface
I would like very much to have a "to boldly go" dedication plaque, and since there is already an image there although it looks like a background drop, I wonder if a customizable text alert with generic image button could be altered by the player. Sort of like how in websites I have done, you create an image -> link to onclick-> direct toward an Alert -> custom Dedication Plaque message

And since, the alerts would allow for response acknowledgement you could pretty much have it close by user.
I know that websites are different. And you guys would probably need to store it somewhere, yet... couldn't that be done? I have loaded stuff from i-frames... so it comes down to having the player's ship write to document like in Java or what ever you are coding in. I have little experience with java, yet java script could get you partially there if it was a website...

anyways, I like the academy alerts you already use...

take care.

dedication%20plaque%201_zps0o3p8uzr.jpg
<|>< . . . <z^>< . . . <zX^>< <( (..) )> oO(There's always a bigger Fish in the sea.)
Post edited by jonathan#1031 on

Comments

• jonathan#1031 jonathan Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    probably not going to use anything as archaic as this, but there's just kind of an idea... I did such things in Flash MX way long ago... mine were non-modifiable and often non-visited due to virus threat in flash movies in that age. Mine was mostly for role-play related stuff... but you guys can do things much much better. Of course I was suggesting Actionscript... and javascript I've done recently provides away to confirm actions on a character creation wizard I've been working on for table-top... but to a viewer might be functionally the same. dedication%20plaque%202_zps58jkp8uy.jpg
    <|>< . . . <z^>< . . . <zX^>< <( (..) )> oO(There's always a bigger Fish in the sea.)
    dedication%20plaque%202v1_zpstetemd9j.jpg

to go a litle further in time line... (I still wonder if I am any better than playstation... yet, I often ponder that the artists in that day were limited by mechanics and far greator if done today.
    dedication%20plaque%202v2_zpshqrp3eyx.jpg

so... anyways, I can clean it up alittle, but... not much an eye for shiney things.
    edited September 2016
    recap:
    the alert function could be triggered by an event on an image in the window and loaded with pre-formatted text selections... and given a background possibly if you configured it as a pop-up.

I also relayed, that I did not have any idea as to how to write to a document, but the document could be pre-loaded with saved/present selections.

And:

I had no idea what you would do in your program to integrate functions, nor was I capable of graphic design beyond VGI days, atleast not typically.
    or maybe:

dedication%20plaque%202v3_zpsl5j6upxj.jpg
  • rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    While this would be cool, it provides nothing that would bring in revenue for the company. It would also be a waste of time, since the majority of the playerbase wants:

- Bug Fixes
    - Content
    - Ships
    - Updates to Systems