test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reputation rewards Tier 5 not awarding 5 of the special resources

notagain#5499 notagain Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited September 2016 in The Academy
Okay, I know that with Dyson and Rom and Tholian you have to run 1 or more special missions to complete Tier 5 and get the 5 special resources (Voth Cyber Implants, nothing for Rom, Isomorph Inject, ) Nukara I thought you just have to report to the base command to get your dil/ec/marks for tier 5 (just went and nothing happened)

However Undine (5 Isomorph) Delta (5 Ancient Power Cells) Iconians (5 Probes), I don't remember having to finish any special mission to earn the Tier 5 resource rewards listed by each. I have finished all of these but only the Terran has rewarded its 5 resource Items. Is this a new problem or have they changed something that holds back the resource rewards till you do some mission?

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Cryptic has not been consistent about this. Delta and Iconian only give dil, EC and normal marks for tier 5 with no elite marks. For Terran they went back to giving elite marks too. For Nukara / Tholian you do need to go to the planet (on PC anyway) to collect your dil and EC and plain marks, there are no elite marks. You'll probably get the reward when you log back in to that character.

Kobali Prime is one place to get Delta and Iconian marks. The 2 "Act III" ground missions can be completed daily for up to 2 of each elite mark (each mission can be done twice, choosing a different elite mark each time).
  • Options
    notagain#5499 notagain Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I am on PC. This is one of the temp agent toons. If I remember correctly you are suppose to get either 5 or 10 of the Iconian Probes, Borg Neural Proc., Ancient Power Cells as you finish with the Tier 5 and that person comes on to congratulate you for you work and they award you with EC, Marks Specific to what you Reputation Faction you just completed, between 9K and 32k dil and those items listed above.

I have tried signing in and out and while I got the dil, I got none of those probes, borg neural or ancient power cells (all my other toons have already hit tier 5 in all but Temporal Rep. and that did give out the awards and did so also on this Temp Agent toon) so I don't know if they are disallowing getting any of those probes, process., cells, etc now or just for temp agents.

I guess more importantly, when did this change happen. So now if I complete Tier 5 of the Ico Reputation, I have to factor in the cost of buying the Ico Probe Datacores (so 500 marks for the Personal Shield, then 500 marks to get 5 Ico Datacores) who in the world thought this up. Or am I misisng something. As I said I always got at least 5 of what I have learned are now now called Elite Marks (instead of Ico Probe Datacores, Ancient Power Cells, Borg Neural

Add this to the 20hr cooldown on contraband, maybe I should start playing my Steam games I have bought over the years but never got around to playing as I was spending all my time grinding.

Also just learned about the Mk XIII upgrade, great, I just geared out 10 toons.

Seriously though, we no longer get the ico probes, ancient cells and stuff for reaching tier 5????
    Post edited by notagain#5499 on
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    You get EC, dil and regular marks but you've never gotten elite marks for a few of the reps, that's always been the case. (And I don't mean Romulan which doesn't use them.)

You might get a few randomly from the daily boxes but you need to go to Kobali or advanced/elite STFs or do the 100-mark exchange to get them.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Dave is correct. Omega gives Borg neural processors but only 8k dil. The other reps give 30k dil but no elite marks. This is intended and has always been the case.