test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Key Ring Bundle

For a limited time only starting today, players will be able to purchase the Key Ring Bundle! This special pack includes 20x Master Keys (used to open any Lock Box) and an Ultimate Tech Upgrade!

Learn more here.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    So much for the exchange prices. And my wallet Is Not going to like this after the R&D box
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    Ultimate Tech Upgrade. Applying this item to any upgradeable piece of equipment will instantly set both its Mark and Quality to maximum (usually Mk XIV and Epic/Gold quality) with zero Dilithium Cost!

Seriously?! This is a bit much.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    Keys are keys, but that Tech Upgrade..... :o
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    The price of keys on the exchange will now plummet. While that tech upgrade will be going for hundreds of millions by the end of the day
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    galatt wrote: »
    The price of keys on the exchange will now plummet. While that tech upgrade will be going for hundreds of millions by the end of the day

Unless the upgrade is bound...
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User

the tech upgrade is account bound so it is not sellable
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    neos472 wrote: »

Well played
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Eh, the Tech Upgrade may seem wowzers right off the bat, but it really isn't that big a deal.
    Think about it for a moment, "one" expensive tech upgrade for "one" item. Maybe for a casual player it may be a godsend, but if you have half a dozen to a dozen characters or more, it's just a drop in the bucket.
    There are also a number of tech upgrades in the game you can earn that don't require dilithium.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    I guess the box is also bound ? Or can you sell the whole thing then ?
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Excellent news! And it ends right after my birthday? Even better. :p
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    p2w short cuts! not that I mind... hmmm should I upgrade all my old rep gear thru this as opposed to rebuying all at mk 13 UR and hope for epic at 14... need about 16/17 upgrades per toon... expensive.
  • Options
    msb777msb777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    10 keys 1125 x 2 = 2250 or 20 keys. a free single use ultimate upgrade in promo tab would have bean nice but i gess they want use to buy keys. So if you'r like me and don't need keys its a waste of zen.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You need to weigh whether getting that Ultimate Tech Upgrade is worth 338 Zen, which is the cost differential of two 10-key Packs on sale @956 each vs this Key Bundle (2250 - 1912 = 338 Zen). You can still sell the Keys, either way.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Eh, the Tech Upgrade may seem wowzers right off the bat, but it really isn't that big a deal.
    Think about it for a moment, "one" expensive tech upgrade for "one" item. Maybe for a casual player it may be a godsend, but if you have half a dozen to a dozen characters or more, it's just a drop in the bucket.
    There are also a number of tech upgrades in the game you can earn that don't require dilithium.

While I agree about multiple characters part, its hardly a 'drop in the bucket'
    this upgrade not only costs no dilithium, it maxes out the item (Mk XIV and Epic)

I guess it isn't much different than the character 'Leveling' item in WoW.
    Maybe I'll stockpile a few for the new gear that is coming with the new Fleet Holding.

Post edited by rimmarie on
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    wow...a guaranteed upgrade to GOLD or EPIC? who does not want that. They finally put a price on eliminating that awful randomness from the crafting system. Now if they can do the same when you open a box an guarantee a "ship" would be awesome...or NOT tiger-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    neos472 wrote: »

But you can always upgrade something like a console/weapon use that ultimate upgrade on that item then just sell the same item on the exchange unbound...catching $$$ EC on pocket.​​
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Wow, so yeah, about that Dilithium exchange....

RIP!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    And we have the date for the new half season update/lockbox pretty much confirmed as either the weeks of the 10th or the 17th, I would hold off until the last weekend before, there will be either a Zen sale or a Key sale (which hopefully would apply to these as well) at that point or before.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    This 'go directly to Epic' idea is nice. It makes me smile.

latest?cb=20081213040330&path-prefix=en
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    At the current Zen Exchange price of 402 Dilitium per Zen, the 338 Zen (differential between two 15% off 10-Key Packs and this Master Key Ring 20-pack) is worth about 135,876 Dilitium or 126 Superior Tech Upgrade applications. It does not cover the EC/Resource cost of what those Upgrades would have cost to create. The Superior requires no additional Dilitium to create any of its components of the Upgrade.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    At the current Zen Exchange price of 402 Dilitium per Zen, the 338 Zen (differential between two 15% off 10-Key Packs and this Master Key Ring 20-pack) is worth about 135,876 Dilitium or 126 Superior Tech Upgrade applications. It does not cover the EC/Resource cost of what those Upgrades would have cost to create. The Superior requires no additional Dilitium to create any of its components of the Upgrade.

Plus the ~900k for the conversion from dil to zen to get 1 pack anyway, the cost/benefit is somewhat low. Yes, you get 20 keys that you can then gamble on boxes or sell on the exchange. The reward from that would vary but still not be in the "good deal" range that I would like.

Overall this promotional box is meh. If you are buying keys anyway, you get a bonus. If you are not, I would not recommend going out of your way for this.
  • Options
    jaturnley wrote: »
    And we have the date for the new half season update/lockbox pretty much confirmed as either the weeks of the 10th or the 17th, I would hold off until the last weekend before, there will be either a Zen sale or a Key sale (which hopefully would apply to these as well) at that point or before.

If this Promotion ends on October 10th, which is a Monday, you probably won't see the Season Update until the next week. Remember, there is usually a Retirement Party for the old Lockbox, in this case the Kelvin, so we should see a return of a newly updated Infinity Lockbox that would now contain the contents of the Na'kuhl Lockbox. The day they start that will be about a week before they introduce the new <Fill in the Blank> Lockbox/Season Update. Don't count on Key Sales until after this Promotion is over. Just a gut feeling that the new Infinity won't drop before this Promotion is over.

If they were going to have a Key Sale it would be right now if there were going to be one for this Promotion. The Sale in their mind, is the inclusion of the Ultimate Tech Upgrade.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Debatable value. If I used 130k dilithium and 120+ superior upgrades on a bunch of mark II stuff I crafted, I'm going to end up with a 1 or 2 epic XIV, and a bunch of various UR stuff that after 1 upgrade will have ended up at mk VII, mk VIII, or mk IX and I would have sold them for hundreds of thousands or millions of EC......so if I was considering one of these two options to spend Dilithium on, you are WAY better off doing the normal craft/upgrade method. ESP when mention above, this will prob drive down the price of lockbox keys on the exchange to boot.....so to each their own.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    And we have the date for the new half season update/lockbox pretty much confirmed as either the weeks of the 10th or the 17th

Source? or more speculation? A new lockbox ship DOES NOT mean a new season/update or expansion. It's just that a "new" ship ...at most a patch note or a new FE.​​
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I'm not saying this is right or wrong or telling people how to spend their money, its just my option and an attempt at trying to inform people that this promotion may not be the answer to quickly upgrading their ships gear compared to using the existing way.

What is costs buying (Uk Sterling) and how much dil you would get by converting it on the exchange at current market rates.

£15.99/2250 Zen for 1 Tech
    £127.92/18000 Zen for 8 techs
    2250 Zen is the equivalent of 911250 dil at this time.
    18000 Zen is the equivalent of 7290000 dil at current dilex prices.
    18000 Zen is 880000000mil EC selling a key at 5.5mil each.

The only benefit I can see to this promotion is short cutting the build time for techs and the R&D grind. From a monetary point of view buying simply for the Upgrade Tech in my option is not value for money. But its not my money I'm spending.

Gl to those who have the deep pockets and here's hoping you win a few lock box ships on the way.

• Options
    suki36suki36 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    So....just wondering, do you think we could be allowed to...I dunno, craft said Ultimate Tech Upgrade sometime in the near future? Because that would be totally awesome!!
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    storules wrote: »
    And we have the date for the new half season update/lockbox pretty much confirmed as either the weeks of the 10th or the 17th

Source? or more speculation? A new lockbox ship DOES NOT mean a new season/update or expansion. It's just that a "new" ship ...at most a patch note or a new FE.​​

Dude, seriously, are you THAT bad at seeing patterns?

Content updates (AKA Season updates or expansions in their place) come out every 6 months, followed by Systems updates (AKA half seasons) the third month after. Lockboxes launch the same time or within a week of both of them, or every 3 months. These events are capped with a Zen sale 2 weeks before, and then a Key sale a week later during the final chance weekend. This is not speculation, it has followed this pattern for several years now. You can go back through the news page and look for yourself.

We last had a season update in July, although it was called an expansion instead, we are due for the systems update in October, which will accompany the graphical update, the new fleet holding, and possibly some other goodies like a FE. The timing of the close of this promotion will almost certainly coincide with that launch.
    suki36 wrote: »
    So....just wondering, do you think we could be allowed to...I dunno, craft said Ultimate Tech Upgrade sometime in the near future? Because that would be totally awesome!!

You, sir, are hilarious. Or crazy. I'll let you decide.
  • Options
    suki36suki36 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    You, sir, are hilarious. Or crazy. I'll let you decide.

Yes.

• Options
    jacquemarteljacquemartel Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    My understanding is that Reputation Set gear has a penalty to upgrade. True?
    If true would not the value of one of these special upgrades be greatly magnified in bypassing that penalty?

Set gear also has a defined mod for each level, so you know Exactly what you will get at UR and Epic.
    Why would you use one of these upgrades on Anything where the RNG might gut you?

Would you use one of these upgrades on a crafted Item that you already have at UR with perfect mods? Yes Epic is predefined but you would only be saving one level of crafting.

Does a study of the average number of attempts and total cost of upgrading a crafted item at Mk XIV from UR to Epic exist?

What is the actual average cost in Dil and EC?

If anyone can direct me to some answers, or provide them here, it would greatly assist many in making a good decision.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    <waves hand in jedi like fashion>

- This is not the sale i was looking for -

Seriously though, nice upgrade token but not going to spend zen on keys.
    Was rooting for a ship sale since the consoles just had one last weekend.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.