test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whisky Tango Foxtrot...

star-trek-50th-art-collection_670.jpg?k=31128251&pid=1023186&s=catl&sn=startrek

Holy "H. E. Double Hockey Sticks" batman...

http://shop.startrek.com/star-trek-50th-art-collection-looking-for-a-star-by-johnson-tsang-poster-13-x-9/detail.php?p=1023186

What kind of drug induced nightmare spawned this thing?

Comments

• reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    That's a picture on the wall in quinns office in ESD
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Looks like someone was making a sculpture of a face and dropped a baby doll on it
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    And there you have it. Sometimes it is far better to get nothing.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    That's an ashtray.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bjornborgiabjornborgia Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    star-trek-50th-art-collection_670.jpg?k=31128251&pid=1023186&s=catl&sn=startrek

Holy "H. E. Double Hockey Sticks" batman...

http://shop.startrek.com/star-trek-50th-art-collection-looking-for-a-star-by-johnson-tsang-poster-13-x-9/detail.php?p=1023186

What kind of drug induced nightmare spawned this thing?
    That is disgusting.
    l0HlK6uahbCkw285W.gif
    Hab SoSlI' Quch!
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    What the flaming bag of dog TRIBBLE left on someone's porch is that supposed to even be?
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    My eyes......arghhhhhh.

Seriously though....what the hell did i just see?!?!?! :o
    SulMatuul.png
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Unfortunately, my concern is that a not insignificant number of STO players will like this a lot for reasons I won't get into. A major problem in the Trek community.

Bad taste is not at all limited to the Trek community, neither is bad art.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Can't.......take......my...eyes off it.

As a piece of "artwork" im not seeing any significance or symbolism. It just appears to be what it appears to be, baby in a vulcans face.
    But i aint somesort of art expert or nutin'.
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    Look at the fingers on the hand the baby is holding upward.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • babyface#6505 babyface Member Posts: 2 New User
    this is awsum!
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    You know, I have tried to look at this piece subjectively...

Is it intended as an homage to the "Search for Spock" movie?
    Does the child represent the next generation of Star Trek fans, for the second half of the century?

But the part I just cannot wrap my head around...

Why god... why is it lying on a mashed Vulcan face?
  • supaflahsupaflah Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I'm going to assume cocaine was involved somehow, in both the conception and construction.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    Unfortunately, my concern is that a not insignificant number of STO players will like this a lot for reasons I won't get into. A major problem in the Trek community.

Not talking about bad taste, I'm talking about the disturbing (and documented) correlation between Trek fans and illegal perversion.

Yes, where is this documentation?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    bergins wrote: »

Not talking about bad taste, I'm talking about the disturbing (and documented) correlation between Trek fans and illegal perversion.

Ummm... Lets agree to not to go there... OK guys?
    edited September 2016
    tousseau wrote: »
    bergins wrote: »
    Ummm... Lets agree to not to go there... OK guys?
    I agree. This forum isn't the time or the place for it. I'll be happy to send links in-game or through PM.
    Let's remember that you are the one who went there. I'll call your hand, though. Go ahead and PM me, or at least give those reading this a key phrase they can Google and find this info themselves. Otherwise, your claim looks ridiculous and unsubstantiated.

There is, after all, a disturbing (and documented) correlation between Trek fans and bad breath. This forum isn't the time or the place for it though, so I'll be happy to send links in-game or through PM.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    *sigh*

Again... please leave it out of here...
    edited September 2016
    Grrr...

2... 2 posts in one.. *click click*
    I'll send you a PM, though should probably avoid getting so defensive. Yikes!
    I await your response. BTW, defensive? Not too sure where you got that, perhaps you should probably avoid reading too much into other people's posts. Yikes!
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I quote my ingame character, "I'm one for tolerance but... what the hell is that?!"

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
This discussion has been closed.