test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan & Reman Recruitment Still Not Working

gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
Yes probably other threads about this, but a new one won't hurt. The issue of recruiting Romulan bridge officers through the duty officer system has been broken for months now. They even mentioned it on known issues on many patch release notes, that was until a few months ago when it was replaced with other known issues. Was the problem fixed? well no it wasn't. The only assignment that periodically shows up is evaluate human bridge officer. Now what I'd like to see happen, but most likely never will, is for someone say "we are working on a solution and it might be a few weeks or months before we have it fixed. It's becoming a habit for them to gloss over old issues because of the new issues that constantly come up with each new season release or expansion. I feel it's time to put your house,or game I should say in order. Fix what's broken first before breaking all new things. I don't think people would mind to much waiting for new content if you are fixing long standing issues of old content.

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    You are right, lots and loots of threads about it, but....

Maybe, just maybe, if new threads are always coming up, and old threads are kept alive and at the top, someone, somewhere will actually take notice and at least provide us with some kind of answer. At this point, even flat out admitting that it isn't important enough to Cryptic to even bother with would be better than the total lack of any response whatsoever.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • abbandon#8967 abbandon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Im on ps4. I just started playing STO. Just started a second character who is Romulan. When I got new officers as a federation officer it would open up a window and the change name, change outfit buttons would be greyed out. When I get new officers as a Romulan you can actually change the names and outfits from that pop up....however..... It usually breaks your ability to activate your next mission until you log off and back on. The 2nd(3rd total) officer I got I tried to change but her outfit reverted back to default even though she kept her name. That was after I had to go offline and back on to fix my missions of course.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Im on ps4. I just started playing STO. Just started a second character who is Romulan. When I got new officers as a federation officer it would open up a window and the change name, change outfit buttons would be greyed out. When I get new officers as a Romulan you can actually change the names and outfits from that pop up....however..... It usually breaks your ability to activate your next mission until you log off and back on. The 2nd(3rd total) officer I got I tried to change but her outfit reverted back to default even though she kept her name. That was after I had to go offline and back on to fix my missions of course.

console editions are brand new, expect a LOT of bugs.... Cryptic still has 6yr old bugs on PC version...
    As it affects something other than the Federation faction... expect it to be ignored.
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    There's a fix for that issue on Tribble right now (tested it earlier, got 2 Romulan Boff recruitment missions up). Should be live soon.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    oh wow! only took another year
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    irm1963 wrote: »
    There's a fix for that issue on Tribble right now (tested it earlier, got 2 Romulan Boff recruitment missions up). Should be live soon.

*vibrates in anticipation*
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png