test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

can toons on the same account pass dilithium?

title says it all how can I give all the dilithium from my farmer bees to my main cat?
Fleet Admiral Stephen

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yes you can, but the process is a bit convoluted.

You have to use the Dilithium Exchange to do it. Take the character you want to transfer from, and make an offer to buy at 25 Dilithum Per Zen. Once you make the offer, immediately cancel it, that will put that amount of Dilithum in your exchange bank.

Log out, and log in with the character you wish to receive the Dilithum. Open the Dilithium Exchange, and click 'Withdrawl' to take the Dilithum on your 2nd character.

It's a bit odd how you have to do it, but you can do it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Until they stop it. They will one day.​​

Why should they?

Could one not use the Dil exchange still then to exchange Dil for Zen on toon A just to exchange the fresh earned Zen for Dil again on toon B?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

You have to use the Dilithium Exchange to do it. Take the character you want to transfer from, and make an offer to buy at 25 Dilithum Per Zen. Once you make the offer, immediately cancel it, that will put that amount of Dilithum in your exchange bank.

Log out, and log in with the character you wish to receive the Dilithum. Open the Dilithium Exchange, and click 'Withdrawl' to take the Dilithum on your 2nd character.

You can also make the multiplier easy on yourself and do it for 100 dilithium per zen.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.

You can also make the multiplier easy on yourself and do it for 100 dilithium per zen.

Doesn't matter since you can just type in how much dilithium to spend. Rather you put 25 or 100 makes no difference. Just leave it at 25 and in 'Dilithum to spend' type in how much you want to transfer. There is no math involved.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Doesn't matter since you can just type in how much dilithium to spend. Rather you put 25 or 100 makes no difference. Just leave it at 25 and in 'Dilithum to spend' type in how much you want to transfer. There is no math involved.
    Maybe it's just me. I like to see all my refined dil on one character, so after I refine 8k, I instantly transfer it. I just got used to doing 80@100. You're right though. There is no math involved.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    I like to see all my refined dil on one character, so after I refine 8k, I instantly transfer it.

I'm the same way, I think it makes things so much easier having it all on one character. Just makes it easier to keep track of your total Dilithium reserve. :)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    I like to have each new character "earn their own" dil, though usually somewhere around level 50-60 they need a loan of 300K+ to do major gear upgrades. Even mark X to XII gets expensive for 5 x ground sets plus all the space gear.
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    I only play 3 toons and the rest are farmers although they are all fleet adm
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    I think there is a danger of getting your dilithium sent to someone else.
    The first and only time I have done this in the past month or two, I mysteriously wound up with a lot more dilithium than I should have.
    ITPaladin.png
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I like to see all my refined dil on one character, so after I refine 8k, I instantly transfer it.

I'm the same way, I think it makes things so much easier having it all on one character. Just makes it easier to keep track of your total Dilithium reserve. :)

I do the same thing. :smiley:
    Tza0PEl.png
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    itpalg wrote: »
    I think there is a danger of getting your dilithium sent to someone else.
    The first and only time I have done this in the past month or two, I mysteriously wound up with a lot more dilithium than I should have.

There isn't. When you put your dilithium up in the exchange at 25 D/Z you are vastly undervaluing the price of Zen. That simply won't show up on anyone else's view of the exchange, while all you can do is merely post or remove offers on various characters (there's no way to redirect dilithium to another player.)

And even if your 25 D/Z offers were visible to other players, the only thing someone else could possibly do is buy your dilithium at that price. If anyone else was involved in your transaction, hypothetically speaking, you would have mysteriously wound up with vastly more zen than you should have.

What's more likely, in your case, is that you simply had more dilithium than you thought you did.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Yes, toons can pass the little pink stones. I hear it is quite painful.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    There isn't. When you put your dilithium up in the exchange at 25 D/Z you are vastly undervaluing the price of Zen. That simply won't show up on anyone else's view of the exchange, while all you can do is merely post or remove offers on various characters (there's no way to redirect dilithium to another player.)

And even if your 25 D/Z offers were visible to other players, the only thing someone else could possibly do is buy your dilithium at that price. If anyone else was involved in your transaction, hypothetically speaking, you would have mysteriously wound up with vastly more zen than you should have.

What's more likely, in your case, is that you simply had more dilithium than you thought you did.

The risk involved is indeed negligible. First you need somebody who would actually buy dil for that price (unlikely) plus there would need a total market sweep in the time (even more unlikely). And even if it happened, you'd get zen which (very likely) you could turn into more dil after Bill Gates and Warren Buffet wisened up.

But you should maybe double check whether you're trying to buy or sell zen for 25 dil, because one of those will make you get a deal and you will get additional dil. It's a bit like that missing 0 we probably all had when placing offers on the exchange, only that it's guaranteed that it will go through, while on the ex you still have the very theoretical chance to cancel before somebody noticed. You coul find out if that is what happened when going through your exchange logs.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    You won't lose your Dil. And you don't have to cancel "immediately" - you just can't withdraw it on the toon who gathers it until the transaction's been canceled. (Any toon on your account can do this.)

If you don't cancel quickly, the only "risk" is that someone might give you a lot more Zen than you'd normally be entitled to. (That's one of my lottery dreams - use lottery winnings to buy a bargeload of Zen, then start looking for folks transferring Zen between their characters and buy it all at 25 Dil per Z.)

The only downside to the process is that you can only transfer in lots divisible by 25, so I can wind up with as much as 24 Z I can't transfer.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    Thank you for the help
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    People have already talked about how it isnt a risk as long as you put in the right numbers on the buy/sell tab. One thing that i was always afraid of though is that i would put the wrong number in and accidentally sell a ton of my Dil lol. So make sure to just follow the instructions mentioned above and dont try to come up with your own numbers. Unless of course you know 100% how the price spread works on the buy and sell tabs and what happens to your postings if you go above or below those price ranges. Because of my paranoia with not wanting to accidentally sell all my Dil to another person i actually *did* figure out what the price spreads meant.
    thank you everyone for the help
    Fleet Admiral Stephen