test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PS4 controls question

How does the auto-execute function work? Does it work? If I assign an ability to a button does the auto function get tossed?

Comments

• shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    I've been wondering this myself, because the auto triggers don't seem to be happening. It could be that something can't be both quickfire and auto-trigger, I hadn't thought of that. Still, I'd call that a bug since I might want say Eng Team on quickfire to cleanse debuffs, but also to auto-trigger if my hull gets low. I'd also like the "as often as possible" trigger on EPtS. EPtW has it.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • iratepirateiratepirate Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It would be nice if there was a way to release one from the quick fire also (I'm still low level, don't have anything to put in it's place).
  • abbandon#8967 abbandon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Experiemented with these last night and they work great. You open up your skill wheel whether in space or on the ground and you can set up "most" abilities to auto-trigger under different conditions. Some of the ground skills can not be set up for auto-triggers but not alot. You would not want your quick-slot skills to auto-trigger. Those should be skills that you want to have max control over. Like your best offense, your best healing.

On the ground you only get to set up your own skills, not those of your other officers(for auto-triggers). I would advice caution with some of this. Offensive skills are great for auto-trigger. L1 is really hard to hit while your aiming and shooting in my opinion. Letting your offensive abilities trigger whenever and asap atleast puts them into the mix even if they get wasted on grunts or half dead targets. There is an annoyance factor for ground skills though. Some of them have long animations or trigger to often. I was constantly tripping over turrets after the fight was already over or even having dialogue scenes interrupted by my guy trying to do stuff. Also I would be trying to interact with objects and because I was still in red alert my skills would trigger and it would interupt it. So im not sure about other officer classes, but I would not use auto-triggers for turrets or shield/medicine generators with engineer. Better to control those things yourself. Or set them up with delays.

Like I left my shield regen bubble on auto-trigger but it only gets dropped if im at 50% shields. Turrets are pretty much manual only lol. Drones and offensive abilities I let trigger whenever possible, they have long cooldowns anyways.

In space auto-triggers are great, they only add to your effectiveness and never slow you down. I save my best attack and heal skill for manual but everything else triggers.

If you change ships or officers you probably have to set your triggers up again.