test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Denise Crosby Dishes on Star Trek Online"

kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Ten Forward
http://www.space.com/33985-denise-crosby-star-trek-online.html Came across this article just now on space.com, could be interesting.

Comments

• marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    "Denise Crosby wants to do something related to Star Trek..."

That is not news... :expressionless:
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    The author of the article appears to be sadly unaware of the voice work Crosby has provided for STO for quite some time, both as Tasha Yar and as Sela. I'd ordinarily expect better research from a Space.com article...​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    The author of the article appears to be sadly unaware of the voice work Crosby has provided for STO for quite some time, both as Tasha Yar and as Sela. I'd ordinarily expect better research from a Space.com article...​​

Remember that this interview is mainly for the benefit of the legions of console players coming to STO. Of course the long-term players know all of this, but new console players who haven't experienced the story yet will appreciate it.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    I had the opportunity to chat with her for about 10 minutes or so at Star Trek Mission New York. She was so nice to talk to, it was great meeting her in person.

From what I could gather, we have not seen the last of Sela. I'd put money on Denise Crosby doing more VO work for STO. We may yet even get to meet Tasha Yar on board the Enterprise prior to "Skin of Evil".

I hope not, unless we get to have a version of the original Tasha who doesn't get killed off randomly. Alt!Tasha's been through enough, and Sela needs to be shot squarely in the head with a neutronic torpedo.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/