test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Faction Bridges and interiors in Alien Star Ships

I would really like it if I could use my faction bridge and interior or at least a modified version of it in alien ships I own. I think this would also fit the reality better. I don't mind having the true alien interior but I think we should have the choice because as our factions are building alien ships by reverse engineering captured ones, the bridges and interiors would still be made from their faction designers but simply merged with the alien technology as well. Also please finish the Scimitar interior or make it just the regular Romulan interior but connected to the scimitar bridge as we have only had a bridge for years now.

Comments

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    livefire11 wrote: »
    I would really like it if I could use my faction bridge and interior or at least a modified version of it in alien ships I own. I think this would also fit the reality better. I don't mind having the true alien interior but I think we should have the choice because as our factions are building alien ships by reverse engineering captured ones, the bridges and interiors would still be made from their faction designers but simply merged with the alien technology as well. Also please finish the Scimitar interior or make it just the regular Romulan interior but connected to the scimitar bridge as we have only had a bridge for years now.

Alien ships are not reverse engineered. They're simply supposed to be captured ships or in the case of event ships, earned, hence why they still have their bridge on them.

However, I agree with you that the Scimitar interior should have a connection somewhere since the assets exist already in one of the Delta Quadrant missions.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

read the fluff text... the Lobi Crystal Consortium takes captured/derelict vessels and refurbishes them back to military spec, then sells them to us for zen(lockbox keys)/lobi.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • livefire11livefire11 Member Posts: 11 Arc User

read the fluff text... the Lobi Crystal Consortium takes captured/derelict vessels and refurbishes them back to military spec, then sells them to us for zen(lockbox keys)/lobi.

Yes I Know, but they would still be reverse engineered and modified for faction use and living. My Elachi ships has gas that the Elachi need to breath being pumped into my cockpit, my toon that fly's it is a Romulan, that makes no sense. I also want to be able to walk around the whole ship see its warp core and see my crew operating this modified Elachi/Romulan ship.

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

Yes I Know, but they would still be reverse engineered and modified for faction use and living. My Elachi ships has gas that the Elachi need to breath being pumped into my cockpit, my toon that fly's it is a Romulan, that makes no sense. I also want to be able to walk around the whole ship see its warp core and see my crew operating this modified Elachi/Romulan ship.

They publicly stated they wont do ship interiors unless its for a quest. They gave up on those... I tend to agree, look at the breen ships, they do the same thing as the Elachi.... but give up on fun little RP things, not enough money to incentivize the Gecko, and not enough dps to incentivize the whales
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • livefire11livefire11 Member Posts: 11 Arc User

They publicly stated they wont do ship interiors unless its for a quest. They gave up on those... I tend to agree, look at the breen ships, they do the same thing as the Elachi.... but give up on fun little RP things, not enough money to incentivize the Gecko, and not enough dps to incentivize the whales

At the very least if they just gave me the option to use my standard faction bridge and interior in all alien vessels I would be happy, again just like the scimatar how you can have just its custom bridge with no ship interior or use your standard bridge with the full interior for it.