test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TEMPORAL TRANSPONDER

I think unless you receive a (temporal transponder) event or no event its really no point in being a temporal agent at all lol.

Comments

• Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    Pretty much.

Unfortunately, this thread has been discussed since before the TOS event started, and that's long over with.
  • Options
    Extra Note: TOS Agents have a bug. If you have the Dilithium Boost bonus on your captain (these were supposed to vanish on a specific date at the end of the TOS Event), then you're looking forward to the bug hitting you and really messing with your head. I've seen the dil boost on some TOS agents even after the event has ended, so it's worth mentioning again.

When your Dil boost runs out, your Skills will be labeled as INVALID. Check your skill page every so often to make sure it doesn't say that in the bottom corner. If it does, you'll have to spend one of your reset skill tokens and do a hard reset of all your skills, specializations AND traits.

This is a known bug. And a real pain to deal with.

good luck! :)
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    There is always the point of doing the various 23rd Century missions if you missed out on creating a Temporal Agent character. Also, players have created additional alts after the Delta Recruitment event so it just gives them another choice in creating a new alt.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Id say there is no point in being a ToS faction. Unless your an old timer hung up on ToS.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    They didn't really do much with TOS, did they? sad really. So MUCH potential.

Lost in Space... (into the future)
    Quantum Leap... (messing with the past)

Back To The Future series...

endless other tvshows, movies, etc. for ideas...

Personally, I'd think just touching the known storyarcs from earlier STO faction events would have been fine, but that an entirelly new and large-scale story-arc, unrelated to any of the rest of it would have been...well...awesome, really.

Could have added a thing incorperating old Events and rewards, for instance. Could have allowed the creation of the discontinued Delta toons... as said, LOTS of potential.

but it fell really, really flat in that area.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    touch on the Winter Event...
    mess with Q...
    visit the Risa Festials... all out of season...
    add equal number of new maps/missions as are currently in existance amongst all the story-arcs...

massive potential..

Believe me, I'm having to make myself NOT list stuff here.

>:)
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    (a) Whenever the "invalid skills" bug hits, you will get the respec at no costs. Happened before TOS/AoY, happened during it. Never had to buy a respec token.

(b) "There is no point" in starting a TOS toon in much the same way as there is "no point" in starting any other toon. Yes, you're not getting these shiny bonusses anymore, just like with the delta recruits. If you like to play the game though, and want to start a new toon, or are just new to the game, it is just as good as any other choice, depending on what motif you want. And no, the game doesn't contain only experienced people with half a dozen and more maxed out toons who are mostly looking for the edge at the top, but also out of people who start anew. Maybe even although they already have maxed toons, but now they'd like to try a Reman science for once.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    xyquarze wrote: »
    (a) Whenever the "invalid skills" bug hits, you will get the respec at no costs. Happened before TOS/AoY, happened during it. Never had to buy a respec token.

yep
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    halfmoon10 wrote: »
    I think unless you receive a (temporal transponder) event or no event its really no point in being a temporal agent at all lol.

Well, I personally like their tricorder/scan fx MUCH better than the base Fed effect. The sounds are generally cute, the load screen is amusing and the progress bar is better positioned so I can tab out and work in another window while still being able to see if the loading's finished.

Its a variant on the Federation. I'm not really sure what 'point' you thought there was supposed to be?

It also establishes a format for alternate origins. I'd cheerfully take a similarly 'no-point-to-you' Gorn or Orion origin for KDF, or Mirror Universe rebels, or visitors from the Kelvin Timeline, or Remans in the Romulan Republic, or, or, or...
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Maybe some people really like time travel.