test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The popularity of the T6 Connie appears to be overrated

khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
None of the packs I'm selling are moving. And I was selling at the same ratio as a master key is currently on the exchange.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!

Comments

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Well, is anybody aware of the fact that you're selling? Are you asking for ridiculously high prices in chat? Because there most certainly isn't a single one listed on the exchange.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    It is overrated, but not for your reason.
  • Options
    Ah I see. Yes it aparrently has PROMOTION! appended to it so you can search for the boxes independently.

I'm logged off now though; might've sold while I was offline.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

• Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    So out of curiosity, are the ship packs themselves resellable? Or just the R&D packs? Because I've seen a bunch of the packs moving, and picked up a few of the lower priced ones myself. I think the price is going to drop out on these pretty quick though, so I feel like I should have waited a bit more.

I am seeing a ton of people being "issued" 23rd Century Promo Ship packs though. So I don't think these are all that rare.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I am seeing a ton of people being "issued" 23rd Century Promo Ship packs though. So I don't think these are all that rare.

That's the iceberg effect. You're only seeing the tip of the iceberg, the number of packs being opened is a whole lot bigger beneath the surface that only yield 10 lobi crystals.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    Can attest. Whoever those guys are, they were buying from the store directly and opening them for most parts.

That being said I finally sold out. Just before the price of each pack actually _dipped_.

I blame the iconians. Its always their fault when something goes wrong.

• Options
    iconians wrote: »

That's the iceberg effect. You're only seeing the tip of the iceberg, the number of packs being opened is a whole lot bigger beneath the surface that only yield 10 lobi crystals.​​

I just figured that this early on a Thursday is an odd time to see that much activity on this sort of thing, but I've never really paid attention to it before honestly.
  • Options
    It actually gets quite busy on new box/lotto day, immediately after the patch even.

I know I was furiously opening boxes to raise 900 lobi for my vengence immediately post patch.

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,517 Arc User
    It's only 4 PM EST so people who work are not playing yet. Unless you're working from home today like me :)

I see over 400 "promotion" packs on the exchange, so this is probably an over-supply of sellers rather than low demand.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    I see 3 options- any of all of which is likely true:

1- People getting them are keeping them for themselves.
    2- People getting them are selling them for insane amounts above the Exchange Cap
    3- They are being snapped up as fast as they hit the Exchange.

I seriously doubt that their popularity is "over-rated".

I'm hoping they do in time hit the Exchange. I want to buy at least one.
  • Options
    Option 3, in my experience. :D

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Just cause yours hadn't sold yet, don't mean its overrated. Many are still getting home or hadn't logged on yet. I just got home for example. However I doubt I will get to play today as I have other things to do.

Give others a chance to log on.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    farmallm wrote: »
    Just cause yours hadn't sold yet, don't mean its overrated. Many are still getting home or hadn't logged on yet. I just got home for example. However I doubt I will get to play today as I have other things to do.

I've heard people mention these "other things to do"...I think they're a myth personally. :D
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I see 3 options- any of all of which is likely true:

1- People getting them are keeping them for themselves.
    2- People getting them are selling them for insane amounts above the Exchange Cap
    3- They are being snapped up as fast as they hit the Exchange.

I seriously doubt that their popularity is "over-rated".

I'm hoping they do in time hit the Exchange. I want to buy at least one.
    I'm told on the trading channels it is #2 - exchange caps at 750mil, currently TheTradingChannel peaked a 1B, now seeing them around 850m. It's going to crash is my guess.

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    farmallm wrote: »

I've heard people mention these "other things to do"...I think they're a myth personally. :D

Mine is even better. Most goes to work out in the gym. I do reps throwing square hay bales. :p
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Good thing I was able to seel one if mi e at 900mil
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, at 900M+ each, I don't think the popularity is overrated.

In fact, I think this might be the most expensive ship in STO to date. Did the Annorax ever reach 900M?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Yeah... it was also the first time that I have ever gotten PMs looking to buy the moment I opened them, too...
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    khayuung wrote: »
    None of the packs I'm selling are moving. And I was selling at the same ratio as a master key is currently on the exchange.

I'd love to buy one off you at some point
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    Yeah... it was also the first time that I have ever gotten PMs looking to buy the moment I opened them, too...

It was me :) still thank you very much!!!
  • Options
    Hey there! Hope you are enjoying your new toy. :)
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Sold mine for a billion then bought a bug with EC to spare. Happy days!
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I'm wondering if any other ship sold for a 1 Billion+ EC. I know the Vonph was about 700-800m at first. Not sure about Annorax, I think that went pretty high but not 1B EC.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Bulwarks have gone pretty damn high over time.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    Gdi at this rate I'm better off opening my own packs and selling the contents.

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    khayuung wrote: »
    Gdi at this rate I'm better off opening my own packs and selling the contents.
    You can also sell the Promo Packs on the Exchange, without opening them. Someone else gets the RNG "opportunities", you get the EC. Of course, before you do that, make sure the Zen/EC ratio isn't better with Master Keys or perhaps Fleet Modules.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.