test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tour The Galaxy

Hi people I am trying to get a ship together to beat the mission Tour the Galaxy and I need some ideas someone want to help me?

Comments

• Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    Vesta triple pack will certainly help, with the speed bonus from all three consoles, Assimilated engines Ideally ones that are epic and warp core for Sector space speed or the one that has the subspace fold ability. Diplomatic immuinity from a Fed player and Raiding party from a KDF will also help boost sector space travel speed.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Subspace Fold on the Solanae core is great, if you were lucky enough to be around to unlock the Dyson Science Destroyer during the 4th Anniversary Event. If you weren't so fortunate, I'd personally go with a Core with [SSR] on it. I also use the Polaric Modulator console from Delta Flight for the slipstream turn bonus. If you need more than that, there's also the Lead Foot trait which gives you even more slipstream turn and a bit more slipstream speed on top of that.

On top of that, there's a fantastic write-up here about optimal routes for the tour.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Many guides on the web
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    So whats the best build combination for TtG?

I heard someone recommend using the Risian cruiser with the DSD warp core for subspace fold.
    I have those things.
    I hear the Assimilated impulse engines are always recommended, one of my toons has it.
    I think theyre are a few other ships with transwarp boost, cant think of what they are on the top of my head, the veteran destroyers and Odyssey varients are some right?
    Whats the best ship? Warp engines? Sets?

If my toon is able to grant diplomatic immunity then do i benifit from it also?

I have the idea to run this perfectly on all toons to farm EC.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    With the Skill Revamp you can also increase your Sector Space Speed by about 2.5 by buying all three of the Admiral's Level Engineering Warp Drive Skills
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    ^ That's how I set up my character; I got the admiral-level warp drive skills. That combined with a decent purple-quality warp core with the [SecSpd] (sector speed) modifier and the cooldown for slipstream drive cut in half (1 minute instead of 2 minutes) makes my Kelvin Connie pretty fast now. lol

Oh, and the "Lead Foot" trait is great too (thank you, @anodynes!).
    Post edited by theotherscotty#9105 on
  • Options
    Okay, this is my special TtG ship build.
    Risian Luxury Cruiser, with DSD warp core, Assimilated subwarp engines, Polaric Modulator console.
    Ill boost the skill for warp drive like mentioned.

And i found a map on some lgbt fleet website on a route to take that looked good.

Thats all i really have that is recommended at this time.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    I'd switch the Risian liner for one of the vesta class ships. But only if you have access to all three. As the 3 piece set bonus from the consoles is handy to have.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    The Slipstream duration times are also are also doubled on the Heavy Destroyers available to Lifetime members, the Odyssey class ships, as well as the mentioned Vesta Console set bonus, the Risian Luxury Cruiser, and the Dauntless .
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Slipstream duration times are also are also doubled on the Heavy Destroyers available to Lifetime members, the Odyssey class ships, as well as the mentioned Vesta Console set bonus, the Risian Luxury Cruiser, and the Dauntless .

so thats why my Temporal recruit can be 1m in slipstream, as he using Odyssey, so equip every toon with that ship just for tour of galaxy.

Tnx for info Itmins :)
  • Options
    Im not going to buy a vesta(s) just for TtG.
    I do have however the veteran destroyers and T6 Odysseys.
    So out of those and the Risian Cruiser which is best for this?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Im not going to buy a vesta(s) just for TtG.
    I do have however the veteran destroyers and T6 Odysseys.
    So out of those and the Risian Cruiser which is best for this?

I don't have the Vet Ships, but I have noticed that momentum does appear to be a thing in sector space, so the Destroyer would probably be better for less overshooting of your destination point.

Oh, and you asked earlier if having the ability to grant Diplomatic Immunity helps you with slipstream speed. It does not, sadly. You need to have somebody else cast it on you.

With The Solanae Warp Core, Polaric Modulator and Assimilated Engines all at just Mk XII, plus the Sector Speed unlock choice at 5 skill points spent in Science, a good route and perhaps a little practice, you should be able to finish the tour in the allotted time. That is if Lieutenant Ferra doesn't hail you with a commendation increase from the xp that you get doing it. This happens way too often on my newer alts that run this <grumbles>.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    Not really germane for the Subject of this Thread but my Tuffli that I used to run from Cluster to Cluster, has Consoles, Engines, Doffs, and Warp Cores that allow it to recharge Transwarp in 2 minutes and 40 seconds (instead of 14 minutes) and Slipstream in 30 seconds (instead of 2 minutes).

I have never tried Tour the Galaxy. Maybe I will give it a try after this Mirror Event is over.

Personally, I believe that all Tier 6 Faction Ships (C-Store) should be outfitted with Advanced Quantum Slipstream Drives.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    So the Lead Foot trait is going for 11mil EC, so im not getting that.

Just to confirm about the skill points thing. Buy all three Admiral level warp skills, titled "warp core potential" "improved warp core potential" "warp core efficiency" and i get an unadvertised bonus of somesort. And also buy 5 points in science for an unlock for sector speed.
  • Options
    You shouldn't need Lead Foot, anyway. It could help, but it's not necessary.

When you select 5 skill points in Science, which I would imagine everyone does, it unlocks one of the bonus choices at the bottom of the Space Skills window of either a reduction in Transwarp time, which there are a boatload of sources for already, or a sector space speed increase, which are less common. I'd advise anyone to take the speed increase, even if you never plan on doing the Tour.

As far as the Warp Core skills at Admiral, I hadn't heard of that aspect of them prior to this thread, but I usually grab those anyway to help with final power levels in categories that I set to minimum.
  • Options
    That may have been an error on my part about the Warp Core Skills at the Engineering Admiral Level. Thought that there was a Driver Coil boost. It is definitely the Science 5-point Unlock for Sector Speed.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Yeah, glad you said that before i committed my points, there is no mention of driver coil or boost to sector travel speed in the engineering skills. Not in this new skill revamp.
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    It's in the little glowy dots at the bottom of the skill window. I think you're choosing between transwarp cooldown and sector travel speed.
  • Options
    ^ But that is for the 5 points spent in science category.

The question is where if anywhere are there applicable skills in the engineering category?
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    So whats the best build combination for TtG?

I heard someone recommend using the Risian cruiser with the DSD warp core for subspace fold.
    I have those things.
    I hear the Assimilated impulse engines are always recommended, one of my toons has it.
    I think theyre are a few other ships with transwarp boost, cant think of what they are on the top of my head, the veteran destroyers and Odyssey varients are some right?
    Whats the best ship? Warp engines? Sets?

If my toon is able to grant diplomatic immunity then do i benifit from it also?

I have the idea to run this perfectly on all toons to farm EC.

This is what I set up on anyone who's gonna tour the galaxy:

Vesta, with the "advanced chroniton slipstream" that comes from it's 2 piece bonus (or three, can't exactly remember. However, since you're not exactly "in combat", you don't need to worry about console distributions). I think it's the fastest and longest of all the slipstreams. Odyssey, Veteran Destroyers, etc. that have "advanced slipstream drives" are better but not quite as much.

Assimilated Impulse Engine and the newer Terran Warp Core both provide "Sector Space Speed Transwarp 14", which is the highest in the game and helps you when not slipstreaming. I haven't studied the other mods on that Terran Warp Core, so I don't know if it has the important...
    Slipstream Recharge mod. That's the one that cuts your slipstream cooldown in half. As such, my Vesta's tooling along one minute in slipstream, one minute out. Slipstream speed boosts on the core are nifty, too.
    Polaric Modulator (From Tom Paris & Delta Flight) - gives a massive bonus to Slipstream Turn Rate. Helped me beat the tour on my Vesta before the skill revamp.

Other Tips:
    1. As soon as you've set course to the next stop on the route, hit "E" for speed up. This way, the "automatic deceleration" doesn't kick in and you just do a "drive by check-in", all that's necessary to get credit.
    2. Keep map up most/all of the time. While it takes some getting used to the "feel" of the zones / map / etc., one can usually begin plotting to the next point before entering the system you're currently "gunning for" - for example, route I take ends in Beta Quadrant, as I'm coming up to Risa I'll jump the map and click on "Orion" and basically gun straight through the Risa system (getting credit) on my way to Orion, then half way between the two I'll be replotting a new course for Tennebia (and doing the drive by of Orion)... Because of the larger "shift" between Tennebia and Nimbus (last stop), I usually wait till I'm just outside the Tennebia system (or have drive-byed it with my speed trick) before setting course to Nimbus...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    Whats the "Slipstream Recharge mod."?