test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When Exactly CET Does Agents Stop + Is It Enough To Just Create A Character Or Must They Reach 25th

I have recently returned to TOS after years away and alot is new. Managed to link my old Lifetime Cryptic account by the assistance of Support and I must say that I'm impressed by the speed and reply of Arc Support and being able to directly chat to them as compared to many other MMO's I have played or even Steam for that matter, that can take days to just come up with a copy and paste response that don't even answer the question most of the time.

With that being said, here are my questions for advice from the community and experienced players:

1. What date and time does Agents of Yesterday Finish in CET (central European time) ??? I have heard both 24th and 25th and no specific time just the dates. All the time zones are as usual very confusing especially since US alone have more than one and then trying to convert that and including summertime etc. I'm extra concerned right now with the Server outage and it being late night/early morning here (and servers still not back up and time for bed) and don't really have much time to finish any character. Lost this whole night when I was planning to do it and finally had some time off. Will the date be extended now after this outage ???

2. For my 2nd question as I have heard various versions on this as well. One version says it's enough to create a 23rd Century TOS Character before the event ends and then we can play through the whole story-line for 10 LvL's and still be Temporal Agents even if we finish that after the event ends. The other versions says we must not only create the TOS characters but also complete the quest-lines and reach Earth Space dock in 25th century and talk to Agent Gray and recieve the "device" before the event ends to acctually become Temporal Agents. If we don't then those TOS caharacters will just play the story-line and end up "normal" characters (not temporal agents) that just played another intro than the usual federation intro. So my question is which of these version are correct ???

3. Which race is best to chose for each class of the 4 races for 23rd century TOS. Like is Vulcan best for Science ??? Human for Tactical etc ??? I know that Joined Trill was pretty much good for any class but I can not create a joined Trill as a TOS character.

4. I have also heard that You can not return to TOS ESD after You have left for 25th century and that certain manuals as well as items are unique in the 23rd century ESD and that one should pick them up before leaving 23rd century for the 25th century. My question is what items and what manuals are unique and can not be gotten after leaving 23rd century ??? Just so I know which ones to truly pick up. Or are all of them unique ??? Should I pick up more than 1 of each or is that pointless as they are character bound ???

Sorry for alot of questions but so much have changed that it's very confusing trying to get back into TOS. Not to mention the whole new Crafting and Duty Officers or whatever they are called. Don't understand much of that either and it seesm very confusing but I'll save that for another day.

Best Answers

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Normally 10 AM Pacific but your in-game Event Calendar should tell you the end time in your timezone

You must get one TOS Character through the six TOS Missions and to the 25th Century and get your Temporal Transponder. After that you can complete all the stuff found in the Transponder by you (now as a Temporal Agent) at any time in the future. You can take your sweet time about it once you have that Transponder.

All depends on what you like to play. Any one of the four Races for whatever is entirely up to what you feel comfortable playing. I created a Human Science, but I already had a regular Vulcan Science.

Any of the Bridge Officer Skill Manuals are Unique. They are the same as their 25th Century counterparts but have different sounds and effects associated with them. They will only be Ensign Level Skills and can coexist with their 25th Century counterparts. Phaser Pistols and Rifles are also unique again in appearance and effects. Hypos and stuff like that is also unique. Make sure all your assigned Bridge Officers have bought all Skill Manuals for their profession and are outfitted with the 23rd Century Weapons, etc. BEFORE you play the Caleb IV Mission. You may want to pick up extra stuff for your 25th Century Bridge Officers if you want to Outfit similarly. Remember they are Mk I or II stuff that will be of limited use until you can Upgrade them through the Item Upgrade System.

At this time there is no going back to the 23rd Century Earth Space Dock. You can replay the Missions but won't be able to travel to the ESD.

They won't extend. So get to it when they are back up and get your new TOS Character to the 25th Century as soon as possible before you get left out.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    When the game is up and running check the calendar. The stated time is suppose to be for your time zone.

Having said that, I recommend you create your AoY character and complete all 6 TOS tutorial missions which ends with the Battle of Caleb IV by tomorrow night, Wednesday. After getting dropped into the 25th century after your apparent death, speak with Admiral Quinn and Philip Crey (outside of Quinn's office). By then you should have the Temporal Transponder that makes you a Temporal Agent. The current outage will likely not have any affect on when the event ends. While it is inconvenient, the outage will likely only last several hours unless the problem is significantly more severe than Cryptic thinks.

As for race, it does not really matter just pick a race, gender and class. I made a Vulcan engineer if that makes a difference.

Manuals? Well, the only thing unique about the training manuals are the effects and only some, not all of the ensign level training manuals are available for purchase. Pick up as many as you like to train your Boffs with. Or pickup none, the choice is yours.

The Duty Officer (Doff) system is simply another way to get experience and "other stuff" depending on the type of mission. You basically assign your crew to do missions. You will be given 100 Doff slots and you will be initially given some white (common) Doffs to do the missions. You can recruit more / purchase more. If you really want to get into the Doff system then you can buy 400 more Doff slots. I think it costs 725 for 100 slots.

The Crafting System uses your Doffs. You basically use your Doffs to run projects to level up 7 different crafting schools. It is possible to craft your own ground / ship gear, but it will take some time before you can do so. The general recommendation is to level up to 15 before crafting Mk II which will at point in time be guaranteed to be very rare quality with random modifiers. You can then upgrade said gear with the upgrade kits and accelerators that can be purchased from the Exchange to turn very rare Mk II gear into epic Mk XIV gear. That takes a lot of resources and will cost a millions of EC. This is a pretty complex topic. Perhaps you can find some useful topics in the Academy forum section.

Answers