test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sept 8 - Bring Back Mine Trap?

As Mine Trap (sort of) comes from the first episode to air - I hope they bring back Mine Trap as a special event, even if it hasn't been revamped (set it in the TOS era now?) as it would be a nice way to celebrate.

Of course, this isn't insted of whatever grand plans we're sure they're cooking up like an FE...

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, I mentioned that on the Forums over a month ago. I never played it, so don't know what it was like. 20-player ones are tough these days to fill. Perhaps revamped and brought back as a Special two-week Event like Breach was with a 50th Anniversary themed prize.

For normal purposes to actually bring it back full time, you would probably need to revamp and scale it down to a 5-player PVE Queue.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    It would be nice to see again, hopefully it hasn't gone the way of exploration, first contacts, and Terradome.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Personally, I am expecting the introduction of a free limited-time Tier 6 TOS Constitution for September 8. Not because I actually want it, but because it is the best way to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek. Any excuse about an endgame TOS Constitution being too old flew out the window with Agents of Yesterday and its 23rd Century ships.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Sept 8 - Bring back No Win Scenerio.
  • Options
    You mean like a 50th Anniversary themed prize? You spoke the words I dared not. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    They said they were working on Mind Trap to bring it back in an interview 2 or 3 months ago so it probably will be showing up for it
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    They said they were working on Mind Trap to bring it back in an interview 2 or 3 months ago so it probably will be showing up for it

They said that about Terradome and a couple of other things too. If was holding my breath, I'd have died over a year ago.
  • Options
    Now would be a really good time to bring it back. A 50th Anniversary Event like Breach, Mirror, or Crystalline using Mine Trap awarding a T6 TOS Constitution.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Mine-trap would make an awesome event map. I’d love to do it especially being our first ground event.

I just hope they introduce some account related event structure as I would not do another 14-times-the-same-map for all of my toons again, not even mine-trap.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Always enjoyed Mine Trap, but i do wonder if the salt vampires will not be shredded by the hundreds with all the new modules and abilities released.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    Well, if they are not better than the Borg then they will be shredded. We kill thousands of Borg on Defera. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Was just thinking that we just got a new PVE Queue called 'Miner Instabilities'. Would Cryptic think that we would be too confused having two PVE Queues with 'Mine' in it?

From what I have seen in the Forums it is a distinct possibility. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Always enjoyed Mine Trap, but i do wonder if the salt vampires will not be shredded by the hundreds with all the new modules and abilities released.

I'd be happy playing if it when you got to the map, you had to take a melee or a standard weapon and your abilities didn't work. I've been getting a little bored since the 23c. has fizzled out, so I've been trying my T1 Connie into things, just for the challenge. I really wish that I could get a group together to do an STF in T1 ships or even Tuffli's ;-)
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    As Mine Trap (sort of) comes from the first episode to air - I hope they bring back Mine Trap as a special event, even if it hasn't been revamped (set it in the TOS era now?) as it would be a nice way to celebrate.

Of course, this isn't insted of whatever grand plans we're sure they're cooking up like an FE...

I hope so OP...It is so dead BORING here and they need to inject some life support in this game again.​​
  • Options
    Well my speculation was way way off base.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    shadowedwolf841shadowedwolf841 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    My friend and I were talking about it a few days back. I'd love to see it back in the game.
    All the better if they revamp it into a 5-man mission instead of the 20.
    Now that I think about it, maybe that's how Miner Instabilities should have gone. Instead of Romulans, they should have used the salt vampires...
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Yeah I'd love to see the Salt Vampires make it back in. Seems odd that they haven't made it back in yet with AOY releasing. Plus I'd be down to try out a revamped Mine Trap if possible.
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    I took a 3 year hiatus so... what happened to Mine Trap? It was my main source of rom marks back in the day...

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    khayuung wrote: »
    I took a 3 year hiatus so... what happened to Mine Trap? It was my main source of rom marks back in the day...

Sadly there has been a constant decline in interest as far as teamed pve contend is concerned. A massive decline followed the Delta Rising release in October 2014. The expansion issued a new progression curve to endgame which is some two to ten times as long as the one we had before. The difficulty setting of all maps where adjusted in advance to pose a forced incentive to endure it. The majority of players however did not go for it, turned their back on teamed pve alltogether instead and especially the 20 man maps never formed again.

Cryptic then cut it off like a dead limb.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated