Options

STO "boredom" season yet AGAIN?

13»

Comments

• Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,231 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    leemwatson wrote: »
    'Lack of Content'.....'Only 6 missions'......Hmmm, think I'm gonna do my 'Ya wrong' dance here!

6 missions hastily done do not constitute an expansion.
    I really wonder why should Cryptic listen to people that insult their work?

The missions might be not enough to satisfy our expectations from an expansion, but they weren't "hastily done". There was a lot of attention to detail on those missions. Just think of something beautiful as the Galandon Core map!

Are you new to STO? Do you think the half expansion of LoR was well done or rushed through? What about Delta Rising the best expansion EVER and players loved it while the fact is that lots of peeps left after the Argala debacle. And now AOY. Certainly at least they are lowering the bar when it comes to expansions from what it was a half expansion to a 1/10th of an expansion and you call it this "satisfy expectations". IMO they know that players will bite in any bone thrown to them no matter what is and they will be ok with it. Some might try to defend Cryptic no matter what and thats ok but the bar set on with every so call expansion has gotten lower everytime.

A "nice" episode does not guarantee a GREAT expansion. Heck I loved the new "looks" of new romulus but a pig with a lipstick it is still called a pig pig-2.gif​​
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    The issue here is that Cryptic pushed AoY during an event, which many players were forced to rush through the content so that they could either return to the event or have their characters benefit from the event. Once everyone went through the content in a week, loop grinding began, and thus, we have the boredom that exists today. I think Cryptic should have extended the Summer event to cover the entire AoY event, so that there wouldn't need to rush through all the new contents in a short period of time. This is something the Devs and Marketing need to re-evaluate if they want to see less of a drop at the end of the events.

Generally Cryptic does not extend any event unless there were serious problems with the servers that affected the vast majority of players.

Cryptic could have easily decided that the AoY Expansion started on the same day as the Risa Summer Event ended. That way current players would not feel the need to rush their AoY captain through the missions to get back to the event. Of course, that also means that new players who decided to play STO for the AoY Expansion just missed out on the possibly of getting a free T6 ship and would need to wait until the Winter Event for an opportunity to get the free ship.

Of course, another option could have been to launch the AoY Expansion on Sept 8th, the anniversary of the airing of the first Star Trek episode. That way it is far enough away from the Summer Event where new players would not have felt "cheated" out of getting a free T6 starship. Yet at the same time the Winter Event would start only about 3 months later And yet another chance to get a free T6 starship during the Anniversary Event in early February 2017.

Of course, that depends on what Cryptic has planned for Sept 8th. Delta Rising was released back in October 2014 so if AoY was to have been set to launch in Sept 2016, would not be considered "late". Of course, that would have likely postpone the launch of AoY for the consoles because of the numerous bugs in the PC version.