test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

22nd Century - M.A.C.O. Uniform Feedback (Yes I bought it)

bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
As the title says I bought the uniform because I have the dilithium and I was bored and here is my feedback for all of you who are thinking of buying it.

wwjtR2z.png

The uniform in general is great I really like it but the following things needs to be addressed.

1.) Nor the 22nd or 25th Century M.A.C.O. logos are available to the put on the left shoulder

0124-3.jpg

2.) The rank emblem and the second M.A.C.O. logo is also not available for the left shoulder

3620-6fu.jpg

Maco_Ranks2.jpg

3.) The zippers should when you change their color not look like slightly tinted but a strong opaque color.

4.) The belt carrying the equipment should be black.

5.) The belt for holding the trousers (the red one) is is covered by the top of the uniform which is not the case in the show.

3620-2fu.jpg3620-1fu.jpg

countdown_684.jpg

6.) Available Enterprise Badges (I know they did not had them) are clipping and are not visible.

7.) The biggest issue and I know this is not the fault of the costume designers is that the M.A.C.O. Rifle and Pistol are not available to the player.

2164099-maco_rifle.jpg

maco_right__03615-1.png

Last but not least my opinion of the uniform:

I like it but for the price of 1.7 Million Dilithium and something that is NOT an account unlock you have to do better and please fix it.
Bridger.png
Post edited by bridgern on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I have a question. I never see myself grind it out especially as a character unlock, but "if I ever" I'd be interested in the belt and backpack. Are those freely usable with other costumes or locked in a maco slot?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    Yes they are freely usable with other costumes.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Thank you ☺ Regarding your other points, it's rather sobering to see such a big price tag doesn't give you optimized costumes that don't even allow for a proper show look. I'd suspect the TWOK uniforms for dil share similiar problems...
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    I have only checked the Engineering Vest and she seems to be right.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Thank you ☺ Regarding your other points, it's rather sobering to see such a big price tag doesn't give you optimized costumes that don't even allow for a proper show look. I'd suspect the TWOK uniforms for dil share similiar problems...

Copy a character over to Tribble and go to Drozana and fill up on Dil there. I did so to look longingly at the TWoK captains uniform I'll never buy because some pillock accondently put it in the Dil store and is too embarrassed to put it back in the C-Store where it belongs.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »

Copy a character over to Tribble and go to Drozana and fill up on Dil there. I did so to look longingly at the TWoK captains uniform I'll never buy because some pillock accondently put it in the Dil store and is too embarrassed to put it back in the C-Store where it belongs.​​

Indeed!

Bridger.png
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User

This uniform is exceptionally well done. The only real issue is with the rank and badge options. Everything else is the most screen accurate I've seen done in STO, the artists really did a great job with this one! The belt and zipper claims, in particular, I don't understand since the zippers can be recolored and the belts match my reference images. It might be an issue under different lighting?
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Considering this was made years ago, and took that long to finally make it into game after all this time of players asking for it to be released, I'm surprised at how well done it is (some of the older uniforms aren't that well put together in my opinion). I too would buy it for the backpack alone.

The new TWOK outfits are also fantastic, and just about the most perfect canon uniforms they've made for the game thus far. I've wanted those in the game since I started playing in beta.

I'd buy each and every one of these uniforms for a very high price on the C-store if they were available there, but as it is, I adamantly refuse to buy them for Dilithium due to the fact that they're not account unlocks.

With 8 alts, I can barely collect enough Dil to support the upgrades and such for each toon.

As a dilithium sink, and as a means to control the dil/zen exchange, I think the fact that it's barely made a dent in the prices there (I've only seen 1 player wearing a TWOk vest in the game since they launched, and I've been on for at least 6 hours every day - grinding out dilithium during the bonus event),

I'm hoping that they'll rethink things, and adjust the pricing (giving those few players that purchased them already something in compensation of course). Even making them account unlocks would make these uniforms more attractive to players in my opinion. I know I'd be more willing to spend the dilithium to buy them if that were the case.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    The uniform is well done not going to deny that in any way but not not have the M.A.C.O. logos available is extremely weird and does lead to a WTF moment, after spending 1.7 million dilithium.
    The belt and zipper claims, in particular, I don't understand since the zippers can be recolored and the belts match my reference images. It might be an issue under different lighting?

It's ture they can change the color, bad wording on my side but they are unable to match the exact color like in this picture above they only look like "tinted" and don't get the real color.

Here are some picture of the uniform and the belt "looks" like to be black.

I also just noticed that the red belt in the trousers is covered by the top of the uniform which is not the case in the show.

countdown_684.jpg

3620-2fu.jpg3620-1fu.jpg

This uniform has some major flaws and I hope that they will be fixed.

Post edited by bridgern on
    Bridger.png