test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Away Team on Log In Screen?

cdrgadleycdrgadley Member Posts: 145 Arc User
This is very superficial, I know...but ever since I got this new away team member, they show up twice on the character select screen.

When I switch to another away team member, all four show up fine...but this one always shows up twice, no matter what I do.

I have even repurchased the BO, to re-create/replace said BO...but it happens every time.

Is there any special way to fix this superficial bug?

Comments

• axegaijin13axegaijin13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    If there is such a fix I'd like to know too. I have the same thing happening on two of my characters, 3 other characters appear in costumes they haven't worn in ages (and show up in them during cut-scenes) And members of the original crew on the AoY characters assume their in-game postures.

Yeah, it's one of those things that isn't important, but I still roll my eyes every time I log in and see it. ;)
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    could check to see if the outfit names are the same, and if so change the uniform name in the tailor. If that doesn't fix it, file a bug report, here and in the game. Or someone else may have another tip or workaround.
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    I had the same problem, it was due to the characters' outfits (in the tailor) having the same name. Went away as soon as I renamed them.
  • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    Uh oh is the Broccoli bug sneaking in again? I remember the halcyon days of multiple copies of the same bridge officer on your bridge. Someone even wrote a relatively amusing Foundry episode to "explain" it.

Gave me ideas about doing a story for the occasional outbreaks of "Bonnie Kin" at ESD... which were genuinely terrifying.
  • draenar13draenar13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Something I've noticed is that characters often appear in their first outfit on the login screen, even if that's not the one that's selected on them. Swapping their normal outfit into the first slot (assuming it's uniform - if it's not, uh... good luck!) is a pain, but does work around that.
  • theshroudedtheshrouded Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    to answer the uniform question if you log out in space it selects the first uniform. Now for the away team showing up twice I have no idea what you mean sorry.
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    I have a similar problem with a captain actually. In the group shot my captain is always wearing a "misguided" uniform that I thought looked cool for all of 5 minutes. I deleted the costume at the tailors (load outfit selection) and modified the costume in the slot but that doesn't seem to matter. Whenever I log in if my captain is in space there she is in that awful outfit. I recebtly ran the character through the, "Yesterday's Captain" lead in and in the cut scene with Daniel's she was wearing the costume. There is no workaround because nothing remains for me to delete or alter. I'm stumped.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg