test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shooter Mode will not aim

rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
While previewing Foundry missions I have discovered that it is not possible to aim or move the camera while in shooter mode. Weapons will fire, but aim straight ahead.

I have reset my settings and restarted the game (well, not by choice, that was like my 50th Foundry crash (but that happens anyway)).
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    They've still not fixed this :(
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    It's almost certainly related to the Edit Tools window. Similar things happened with a few windows in the normal UI after the recent improvements to Shooter Mode. Unfortunately for us, the Edit Tools window can't be closed like the others could, so nothing we can change will fix this.

-edit-

I think I already filed a ticket about this back when it first started happening, but I just put in another. Holodeck ticket ID #4,069,194. @crypticspartan#0627
    Post edited by dragonsbrethren on
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    *Deleted due to miscomprehension by others*
    Post edited by wendysue53 on
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Don't belittle people's bug reports because of your personal preference, especially when you seem to be misunderstanding the issue. When you activate Shooter Mode in the Foundry, you keep the mouse cursor, like you do when opening the Inventory and other windows. This means you cannot aim with the mouse at all.
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    *Deleted due to other people misunderstanding stated facts*

-.-*
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    Kids today and their definitions of facts.

Anyway, manually selecting a target with the cursor while in shooter mode allows you to still at least partake in combat though it's clunky. Preview mode is broken but I guess technically not unplayable.
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    It's almost certainly related to the Edit Tools window. Similar things happened with a few windows in the normal UI after the recent improvements to Shooter Mode. Unfortunately for us, the Edit Tools window can't be closed like the others could, so nothing we can change will fix this.

-edit-

I think I already filed a ticket about this back when it first started happening, but I just put in another. Holodeck ticket ID #4,069,194. @crypticspartan#0627

This week's known issues:
    Foundry Edit Tools button blocks Shooter Mode.

I am optimistic that this will be fixed by next week's patch.
This discussion has been closed.