Install Arc
Options

Dilithium and the Uniforms

2»

Comments

• Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Again...you can buy keys off of the exchange to get the lobi to buy the lobi uniforms rather than spend any real world currency for Zen, and they aren't character bound on pick up. The comparison doesn't hold up because you can't buy dilithium off of the exchange.

Again, somebody paid real money for those keys, so the Lobi did cost that much Zen, so the comparison does hold up. Every one of those 200 Lobi uniforms cost someone, or some group of people at least 4500 Zen to get, in whatever roundabout way that it happened.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    The only bad thing about the dillithium costumes is they are BOP (I think) so I can't pick them up on the exchange like lobi uniforms.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    Again...you can buy keys off of the exchange to get the lobi to buy the lobi uniforms rather than spend any real world currency for Zen, and they aren't character bound on pick up. The comparison doesn't hold up because you can't buy dilithium off of the exchange.

Again, somebody paid real money for those keys, so the Lobi did cost that much Zen, so the comparison does hold up. Every one of those 200 Lobi uniforms cost someone, or some group of people at least 4500 Zen to get, in whatever roundabout way that it happened.

Very true. Real money was used to get those keys. So if you go by the $ amount. They are comparable and correct in price range.

Its still funny how they are fussing over this price, but will just eat up the Lobi stuff which is all in the same.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »
    anodynes wrote: »

Very true. Real money was used to get those keys. So if you go by the $ amount. They are comparable and correct in price range.

Its still funny how they are fussing over this price, but will just eat up the Lobi stuff which is all in the same.

Although you don't spend $x just for Lobi. With every box you get Lobi in you get an assortment of other items. The Lobi you use to buy the uniforms with are a side effect of spending those $ - not the sole purpose - so you can't equate the cost of those keys directly to the end uniform.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    arionisa wrote: »
    Just let me pay some Dilithium and dress my toons the way I want. My Klingon female desperately wants to wear the same outfit as her Orion (female) captain .... but for some strange reason she can't. Is it made out of some kind of special nano-weave fiber that disintegrates on contact with any skin other than Orion or something ?

And why can my Orion male Captain run around with no shirt and yet his non-Orion male BoFFs can't ?

Tailor's a racist wizard. Put magic curse on clothes so they can't be worn by the wrong kind of people.

Also hairdressers, so my Romulan Alien captain and Starfleet Alien boffs can't have their hair cut in the same style.

And a bazillion other silly restrictions. Space magic racism.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User

Although you don't spend $x just for Lobi. With every box you get Lobi in you get an assortment of other items. The Lobi you use to buy the uniforms with are a side effect of spending those $ - not the sole purpose - so you can't equate the cost of those keys directly to the end uniform.

The other loot does help offset the cost, however compared to the dil only. They do cost the same. Which is why they went that route on the price.

Bottom line, those items was meant to be a "Special Item". Only the ones willing to get will have it. Not everyone else. Just like the lobi stuff and loot from the boxes. Not everyone will have that item either.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.