test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Set a Course for Star Trek Mission New York!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Captains – set a course for Star Trek Mission New York on September 2nd, 2016!

This brand new convention is your chance to meet the team, as you explore Star Trek Online!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    okidoki
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Yes!!!!!

So, question time:

1) will CRYPTIC be there all 3 days?

2) what day is the panel? Please say Saturday!

3) Do you know where at the con you will be set up? I don't want to miss out!

Thanks!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Daminit, it's on my weekend to work this year...
    <grumble..., grumble..., grumble...>
    (it's only 3 hours away from me)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    A bit of a drive from Texas, I'll have to pass.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    Once again, a give-away that excludes a vast majority of players.
    Will there be a way for non-attendees to get their hands on the hologram crew?
    What about the Leeta & EMH boffs?
    And the old Leeta Duty Officer?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    Have fun, New York! I have to pin my hopes on Cryptic having a similar presence at the 50 Year Mission Tour in SF this December.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    A bit of a drive from Texas, I'll have to pass.

Even if it was in Texas it would still be a drive. Texas is quite large.
    We're in the same boat. And, last time I was up that way it took me 26 hours of driving.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    And us European players get ignored again as you dont go to our conventions sighting woes of moving a full stand over. Surely you can manage a small stand with somebody from the PWE European offices at Birmingham this year?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Someone mentioned above the Leeta Boff being given away at conventions, this is incorrect. She was a charity fundraiser limited edition.

Conventions are known to giveaway A) Holo-Leeta Doff, B> EMH Robert Picardo Boff, C) and now the TOS crew Boff pack.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    It's looking very likely that I will pay a visit to the convention on Friday to see STO and Timelines booths.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    dirlettia wrote: »
    And us European players get ignored again as you dont go to our conventions sighting woes of moving a full stand over. Surely you can manage a small stand with somebody from the PWE European offices at Birmingham this year?

The devs did visit a large German convention earlier this year.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    I'm very excited! What devs are going? Any chance of a peek at the holo original crew?
  • chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    Captains – set a course for Star Trek Mission New York on September 2nd, 2016!

This brand new convention is your chance to meet the team, as you explore Star Trek Online!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"
    Once again, a give-away that excludes a vast majority of players.
    Will there be a way for non-attendees to get their hands on the hologram crew?
    What about the Leeta & EMH boffs?
    And the old Leeta Duty Officer?

Any answer to this?
    I already got the Leeta stuff but wouldn't mind the EMH and TOS crew.
    Are you doing other conventions? Such as Official Star Trek Convention Chicago September 9-11

lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • arbrielfamilyarbrielfamily Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Yes Cryptic did visit Germany, however if Cryptic can manage at least 2 conventions in the USA, they can easily manage 2 in Europe and attend Destination Star Trek in Birmingham, UK, 7-9 October.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Yes Cryptic did visit Germany, however if Cryptic can manage at least 2 conventions in the USA, they can easily manage 2 in Europe and attend Destination Star Trek in Birmingham, UK, 7-9 October.

I'd be happy if they could just send one person from their european office with one of those roll up backgrounds. They dont have to have a big stand as that is something big companies with lots of money do, small companies just have either no presence at all or just send one person with a few flyers.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    What day is the dev panel? I can only attend Sunday.

Also, to the Europeans complaining about the US con only giveaway. Frontier does the same thing with their "Elite" giveaways. No way to get the special paint jobs and decals unless you attend a con in the UK.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    They were at Destination Frankfurt. Not sure about the one after that - London? I wouldn't be surprised to see them there.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy, it's not clear if the devs will be there Sunday the 4th. Will they be there then?
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Is there anyway for someone who cannot be out in large crowds like conventions for medical reasons (comprimised immune system and seizures induced by loud or constant noise) To claim the hologram bridge crew or earn them somehow? If not its okay, just hoping for those of us that really can't get out to convention.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.