test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How you do your ground weapons?

farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
I kinda RP when I play the missions. So usually I have 2 good weapons I use most of the time. I will use my AOY for an example.

TOS phaser pistol wide beam. This is my main weapon you see on my character when I'm walking around. And I use this the most. Usually I use it inside buildings, ships, etc. This way you have better use for it. Where a rifle would be more rougher to use in close quarters.

TOS phaser rifle with sniper. This is my choice of weapon for outdoor and in places where I have lots of room. This way I can snipe the "lowest" guy. Usually I can take them out in 1-2 shots. Or at times I do that to try and "pull" them as well.
Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I use the plasma wide beam rifle on all characters since it can wipe out 5 enemies at once. These characters also all have a TR Rifle regardless of class. Since it's free, all characters have the full romulan navy ground set to boost the plasma wide beam rifle, though my main uses the Iconian set and romulan imperial navy set interchangeably.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I mostly run whatever sounds fun, though I have a slight bias for weapon types that can hit multiple enemies at once. Quite handy when getting the drop on a close-packed group.

Miniguns (or Borg prosthetics, which may as well be plasma miniguns). There's just something wonderful about about miniguns. The main downside is that the attack animation is pretty long and you can't activate kit powers until it's over, which can leave you in a bad place if you rely on them for healing.

Dual pistols have pretty short range, but combine well with the Override Shield Safeties eng kit module if you want to charge in like a lunatic. Maybe switch to a melee weapon once you're in.

Split beam rifles if I want an exploit attack, though I rarely manage to expose multiple enemies at once.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Boolean Assault Cannon all the things.

Otherwise, I use a Pulsewave assault on my Engineer, since I'm usually too busy building drones, generators, turrets, minefields, bombs, or whatever, so if anything is getting up close and personal with me, I can usually blow them away in one or two hits so I can get back to summoning my toys.

I'm also partial to the Plasmatic Biomatter Ejection rifle on my Science nuker, since the secondary fire synergizes well with Exothermic Induction Field and Seismic Agitation Field when I want maximum AoE damage coverage.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,987 Arc User
    My assault team are all armed with the delta rep compression phaser rifle, all those orbital strikes are worth it :D
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
      For my AoY Engineer I use the Type 2 Phaser (Wide) and a Plasma Piercing Beam Rifle. However, I will switch over to a Romulan Plasma Repeating Pistol because I am thinking about specializing in pistols. Plus all my captains use the RIN Kit which give +20% plasma damage as well as +2.2% critical chance, +8.8% critical severity and +52.5 personal shield expert.

But it will be a while before I get to Uneasy Allies since I decided to take a break from doing story missions on my AoY captain. Currently in the Solanae Dyson Sphere story arc.
    • Options
      iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
      nv3A4wD.jpg

Graviton Spike the primary, and hope the initial target survives the hit to create that nice little implosion to suck all the enemies into it (if it dies on the initial hit, it won't create the gravimetric anomaly) -- then follow up with the secondary fire to pierce through the entire group.

That's how I Boolean.​​
      ExtxpTp.jpg
    • Options
      sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
      Split beam polaron as primary. Secondary changes regularly. At the moment it's the nukara sword. The polaron may not stand up to some of the better weapons that I can get but it's satisfying when three enemies simultaneously lose use of their weapons.

On a another character, Rom/Kling using a phaser sniper rifle and anti proton compression pistol.
    • Options
      dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
      farmallm wrote: »
      How you do your ground weapons?

I point the shooty end at the bad guys.
    • Options
      seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      edited August 2016
      I am a huge fan of the Split Beam rifle myself. I usually carry one of those and the second is usually either a full auto or I use that slot to complete a set for a bonus. Usually it's the Omega Force Auto Rifle.

My Main uses an Epic Disruptor Split Beam Mk XIV CritDx4. I love it. Secondary weapon is an UR Mk XIV Omega Auto Rifle.
      Post edited by seaofsorrows on
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • Options
      revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
      My SciGuy has an extremely high expose chance with his abilities, so I keep my Elachi Compression Pistol handy at all times for those high damage exploits without a long animation like a sniper rifle, unless I'm up against Borg in which case the answer is TR. His secondary is the Omega Carbine (for set bonuses).

My Tac has the Fluidic Lobi gun and the Undine Rep gun, but he's a melee char so they rarely get used. Sweeping Strikes + Biotech Siphon is still a killer combo.
    • Options
      davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
      edited August 2016
      My AOY captain has the type 2 wide pistol and type 3 rifle as well. The nice thing about the sniper rifle is it out-ranges most enemy attack zones. He's an engineer so in wide open areas I'll craft a turret and mortar then snipe to pull them into range. That means I get the first shot, and no lost attacks while setting up the constructs.
    • Options
      alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
      Rainbowgeddon with the new rep dual pistols.
      fRhmZXV.gif
      To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
    • Options
      seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
      Most my characters got the lobi herald staff but probably gonna use the temp rep dual guns once I can get them at mk13 UR.
      Just 16 more daylies to unlock it...... :|
      Though most my roms will probably stick to upgraded piercing plasma rifles. Those things really hurt when combined with the rom plasma trait and the rom navy kit boost.
    • Options
      freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
      edited August 2016
      Depends on the character and the 'Reason' (read: Backstory) they exist.

For my Nausicaan, he's got a sniper rifle, disruptor I am considering switching it to an elite fleet one and a compression pistol for backup. I set up his entire away team like the NPCs, or as close as I could considering some of them have no abilities.

My Gorn engineer is set up with the undine lobi armour and weapon, a case of using the enemies weapons against them.
      The Gorn tactical officer has just his teeth and claws, like the NPC, unfortunately he can't pick up chunks of the floor to throw...

My KDF-Romulan tactical officer has the na'kuhl set while his away team all have plasma wide-beam rifles and he rarely gets to actually shoot anything.
      The Fed-Romulan engineer is using the vaadwaur assault debilitator, along side the undine beam turret and the plasma flamethrower.

The AoY character is using an elite fleet phaser wide-beam pistol along with most of his away team.

My joined Trill KDF tactical officer is using a looted pair of dual pistols and will be swapping them for the chroniton dual pistols.
      I use the plasma wide beam rifle on all characters since it can wipe out 5 enemies at once. These characters also all have a TR Rifle regardless of class. Since it's free, all characters have the full romulan navy ground set to boost the plasma wide beam rifle, though my main uses the Iconian set and romulan imperial navy set interchangeably.

I personally do NOT consider having to put up with Sela's inane mutterings 'free' at all, let alone doing it three times, or gods forbid the eleven times required to fit out an entire away team (4x sets of armour and shield plus 1x set of armour, shield and kit).

Also, this is like the third time I've seen someone saying that the Romulan Navy set boosts plasma damage, it doesn't.
      The KIT does (plasma damage, shield hit-points, critical chance and critical damage), the 2 (energy damage resist and critical damage) and 3 (team-wide shield heal and shield resist) piece set bonus has nothing to do with plasma damage at all.

So anyone who ran that episode to equip an entire away team with the armour and shield wasted their time, assuming they did it for a non-existent plasma damage bonus.
    • Options
      captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
      All phasers for my fed's, while my KDF/KDF-Rom's use whichever they want, but only on the ground, ship-wise they use disruptors.
    • Options
      nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
      On my main character I use five (myself included) Advanced Herald staves. Another solid solution are five Jemhadar miniguns for yourself and your bridge officers. Otherwise I go with five Romulan Plasma Wide Beam rifles and if that is not an option I go with regular split rifles as a last resort.

You can never go wrong with AOE weapons.
    • Options
      plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
      The omega rifle has become my favorite weapon, occasionally the tr 116 or the shotgun, depending on the map/foe. My alts and boffs usually go with either split beams or full auto, everything else really isn't as effective overall. Tried out most of the lobi, lockbox and rep store weapons but always return to my standard outfit. Would love to ge my hands on a "holo tomy gun" but yeah... ;)
    • Options
      risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
      MACO adapted pulsewave and anti-borg split beam rifle on my main ground toon.

Iconian Pulsewave on my engineer to push them to my mines and bomb.

An expose weapon like the Undine wrist thingy or a full auto rifle on my tacs, to use in combination with Lunge or with a split beam rifle.

I've also switched to weapons that have a DOT effect on some other characters since I'm using the new spec tree on those.

I've always found synergy between different pieces of gear more important than weapon choice an sich. Having a powerful gun is nice, but you usually get much more out of the right combination of weapons, the right combination between kit abilities and weapons and so on.

Though, since I've seen the Boolean assault gun in action (and I was quite impressed, something that doesn't happen very quickly on the ground) I am considering getting it for the toon that now uses and replace it with the Undine wrist gun.
    • Options
      talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
      I'm partial to the 116-B and Plasma Piercing as primaries, account bound so I just swap them to whichever character I'm using at the moment. Secondary is whatever set weapon.

Though on my main I almost don't need a weapon. Paradox Bomb+Cold Fusion Flash+Exo clears a room of just about everything red, and survivors end up killing each other thanks to a boff with Uncertainty Burst.