test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Oh god! The lens flare! Make it stop!

Even Arc has lens flares! Ahhhhhh!

Top of the Arc Quests window. And it's animated. Every few seconds it has little white dots that go out left and right at the same time from the big center dot. My eyes! The goggles, they do nothing!

Screenshot%203_zpsgegrf6bo.png~original

:|

Comments

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    that not a flare, it is an elite blue cylon eye beam.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Look into my beam. You need that deer in the headlight look. :p
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Embrace the future past future
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Out of curiosity what are the quests for?
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    Out of curiosity what are the quests for?

A fleet chat was talking about this. You do quests by logging on the games. And it rewards you zen points as you go along. This is what I caught from the chat.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Knowing PWE I am going to assume it's like 1 zen. Thanks for the info.
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User

More info http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9839863-arc-quests-reward-you-for-discovering-new-games

Is 5,000 Arc points for 500 free zen. If you keep up on the quests you can get that once a month. You could also save up a total of 30k Arc points for 3k free zen, if you want to wait.

But, this thread is about lens flares. Stop derailing it!

Speaking of which, the Kelvin constitution bridge is full of them. :pensive:
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User

More info http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9839863-arc-quests-reward-you-for-discovering-new-games

Is 5,000 Arc points for 500 free zen. If you keep up on the quests you can get that once a month. You could also save up a total of 30k Arc points for 3k free zen, if you want to wait.

I love how they snuck that in there on the bridges for the Connie and Vengeance, cracks me up every time.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    The only lens flare really messing with me. Is the darn sun on inside stuff. I just did the last 2 missions of the Future Proof on my KDF. Each away team part I had the darn sun looking right at me.

• Options

Huh, might be worth checking out then.

113776-you-stand-accused-of-derailing-a-thread.gif

• Options
    arthas242arthas242 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    i did not know about arc quest till today!

just finished one already!
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    MOAR lens flare!
  • Options
    arthas242 wrote: »

I only got a measly 40exp. There are bigger ones, but they are for games that have nothing to do with STO, so I'll be skipping them. I don't want to waste memory for games I don't intend to play.

2954040-sw_2_small.gif

Lens flare isn't so bad.

• Options
    coolbatman wrote: »
    arrrrrrr,{insert fake arnie accent here} my eyes, the goggles, they do nothing.........

farscape-111.jpg

"Oh, don't you worry 'bout that. Ol' Furlow can handle it. 'Everything's gonna be just fine'. That's my motto."

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    arthas242 wrote: »

I only got a measly 40exp. There are bigger ones, but they are for games that have nothing to do with STO, so I'll be skipping them. I don't want to waste memory for games I don't intend to play.

2954040-sw_2_small.gif

Lens flare isn't so bad.

You don't need to spend money on the other games, I've installed only FTP games to use for the quests. I'm currently at 3500 points, going towards my second 5k by doing them. You get credit for them by simply launching their launcher.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Still that's a awful amount of wasted space. And uninstalling and reinstalling seems really tedious.

Edit: NM, seems to count If you just install the launcher. But still I don't like any of my GB getting swallowed by those games.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    My son built this particular computer for me and I don't do much of anything except surf the net, chat to my best friend and play a few games. I have lots of room, so I installed eight other FTP games and use those for my quests.

Likely, if I get bored with STO or Oblivion I might give some of those a try. Otherwise, they're useful for getting zen for STO.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    All Kelvin timeline ships, come with an Epic lensflare console.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Even tribbles aren't safe. :o
    screenshot_2016-08-07-17-18-42_zpsyeuaze9n.jpg~original
    Post edited by monkeybone13 on
  • Options
    Prometheus is way more flashy than that!
    8JMrDoF.gif
    Zjyq7A6.gif
    It's beautiful.

• Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Gimme MORE!
    d564b4e9ec0d504ca854bcc133aa7bedfe4dfcef21f6cefb9f1dfa8034ccbece.jpg
  • Options
    Let the battle begin!
    IBK71pp.gif​​
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Weird. My other screenshot in my previous post wasn't showing up anymore.

Well......I blame @tacofangs for this. screenshot_2016-08-07-17-17-26_zpsvk4b5nbu.jpg~original
  • Options
    I will say this: credit to Cryptic for making the Kelvin connie bridge screen accurate.

And that Kelvin Timeline Tribble is a very pretty blue. Blue is my favorite. :heart: Best tribble ever.