test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thrai Class

artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
To go with the AoY pack the Federation and TOS characters get, I'm sure Cryptic will be rushing to get this out for Romulan players to buy :pensive:

I was wandering the Foundry and it was laying there in the costume editor after I only briefly saw it in the AoY episode.

So, if it were a T6 release for the Romulans, their version of the Ranger, what would it's stats be? Console? Do we even want it?

28667838656_4190aa15ae_o.png​​
22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
'...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
'...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    It seems like an old style D'Deridex with its double wings. It's probably too small to be a Carrier, even though the form kinda makes it feel like it could be one.

Maybe as Engineering heavy, more maneuverable Warbird?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Wasn't much larger than the T'liss or Khenn so I suspect stats closer to a Morrigu, tho with perhaps and Eng focus and Temporal Seating.
    artan42 wrote: »
    TI'm sure Cryptic will be rushing to get this out for Romulan players to buy :pensive:
    Thanks for the lol.... damned near blew cherry coke out my nose :P lol
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I'd fly that. Though I'd rather have those early singularity-drive ark ships the Ship-Clans helped Ael take back Romulus with. :)
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »
    I'd fly that. Though I'd rather have those early singularity-drive ark ships the Ship-Clans helped Ael take back Romulus with. :)

Why not both?
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'd buy it if they throw out or make that bit inbetween the nacelles smaller.
    Post edited by captkelly31#5645 on
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    So I just replayed the Yesterday's War mission and the Thrai is no longer in the skies above Galorndan Core. Just D-7s and T'liss. Not sure if that's a good sign or not . . .
  • Options
    this is cryptic... it could be a bug ffs :P
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I agree that looks like a old timey D'D just like the Klingons get a TOSified Negh'Var in AoY. I'd like to see all those ships playable in a 23c pocketverse with PvP and PvE queues and social zones that are only populated by era appropriate costumes and ships. That's what AoY should have been, really.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    So I just replayed the Yesterday's War mission and the Thrai is no longer in the skies above Galorndan Core. Just D-7s and T'liss. Not sure if that's a good sign or not . . .

Just did it today, the Thrai is still there but you only see it on your fly in, it is not in the combat part at all, never was.
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I agree that looks like a old timey D'D just like the Klingons get a TOSified Negh'Var in AoY. I'd like to see all those ships playable in a 23c pocketverse with PvP and PvE queues and social zones that are only populated by era appropriate costumes and ships. That's what AoY should have been, really.​​

indeed
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Ok, must have just missed it. I know it wasn't in the combat, but I didn't see it in the fly in. Good to know it's still there.
  • Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    The Thrai, and other AOY non-Fed ships could be given their own lockbox once the Kelvin box hype calms down.
  • Options
    The Thrai, and other AOY non-Fed ships could be given their own lockbox once the Kelvin box hype calms down.

TRIBBLE their lockbox, these need to go into the zen store
  • Options
    jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited August 2016

**** their lockbox, these need to go into the zen store

cant agree with this more, can't believe they took the Roms answer for a carrier and stuck it in a damned lock box. Dont need more of this happening
  • Options
    caesar1075caesar1075 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I think the khenn cruiser looks great, with that bird of prey underside.
    It would be cool to get for free, as a reward for a mission like temporal ambassador, if you play with a romulan character, instead of the ambassador or the kamarag.
  • Options
    caesar1075 wrote: »
    I think the khenn cruiser looks great, with that bird of prey underside.
    It would be cool to get for free, as a reward for a mission like temporal ambassador, if you play with a romulan character, instead of the ambassador or the kamarag.

That's quite a good idea, I hadn't thought of an approach like that.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    bah, just give a t6 "temporal warbird" 3 pack... T'liss, Khenn, Thrai
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    bah, just give a t6 "temporal warbird" 3 pack... T'liss, Khenn, Thrai

^This
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    no the fuc.king cocksucking bast.ards have to do this with a farking R&D promo -.-
  • Options
    no the fuc.king cocksucking bast.ards have to do this with a farking R&D promo -.-

Well obviously. Did you think they want to make players happy? Gotta milk those whales and forget actual customers.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options

Well obviously. Did you think they want to make players happy? Gotta milk those whales and forget actual customers.​​
    But who are the "actual customers" - the people that spend a ton of money on the game, or the other people?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    The majority of paying players not the few whales.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

Actually anyone who plays the game is a customer. Cryptic profits from every F2P player bolstering the metrics.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    Well true, but FtPs aren't really customers as we're not buying. I convert Dil to Zen every time I want something so I'm not exactly offering custom an I?

#TASforSTO

• Options
    edited August 2016
    If Cryptic thinks there are players that are willing to spend hundreds of Dollars on ships, would it really be wise of them to not offer those players an option to spend that money?
    In fact, I think it's a fundamental aspect of F2P (and some other newer "business models", like kickstarters) that there is a small minority that is willing to spend a lot more than other potential customers, and these models attempt to get that money, instead of making a one-size-fits-all payment plan (which ends up, as with subscriptions for MMOs, not sufficient to sustain the game.)

That's why we have C-Store ships, Event Ships, Lockbox Ships and Promo Ships, Leveling Ships, Upgrades, Fleet ships. There is something for everyone's budget/spending habit. But there is no guarantee that a particular ship will match your preference.
  • Options
    If Cryptic thinks there are players that are willing to spend hundreds of Dollars on ships, would it really be wise of them to not offer those players an option to spend that money?
    In fact, I think it's a fundamental aspect of F2P (and some other newer "business models", like kickstarters) that there is a small minority that is willing to spend a lot more than other potential customers, and these models attempt to get that money, instead of making a one-size-fits-all payment plan (which ends up, as with subscriptions for MMOs, not sufficient to sustain the game.)

That's why we have C-Store ships, Event Ships, Lockbox Ships and Promo Ships, Leveling Ships, Upgrades, Fleet ships. There is something for everyone's budget/spending habit. But there is no guarantee that a particular ship will match your preference.

But they also know there are higher numbers of players who will pay less. Just going by the Oddys or Command Cruisers I've seen compared to the Bulwark or the highly sought after Jem'hadar attack ship there's far more people putting in Z3000 than there is people splurging to get the JHAS.
    And that's just the Oddy, it's not even comparable to the Conni, especially not not the Conni can use both the TOS and TMP skins.

I'm more than happy for there to be shiny things for people with lots of money to buy, I'm not happy that it's the single most requested ship(s) in the game ever. Faction ships at that.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    Well true, but FtPs aren't really customers as we're not buying. I convert Dil to Zen every time I want something so I'm not exactly offering custom an I?

actually you ARE, someone paid $$ for the zen you buy for that dilithium. If you don't buy they don't buy. Thats why the dil market works... someone out there is giving the game cash, doesn't matter who.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Whether people pay money or not, we are all customers for the simple fact that we make use of a service provided by STO... we play the game.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    Whether people pay money or not, we are all customers for the simple fact that we make use of a service provided by STO... we play the game.

I think you are mistaking the words customer and consumer... we are all consumers, not all are customers