test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Beyond content for STO? *SPOILERS INSIDE!*

In case you missed it, this thread will contain spoilers for Star Trek Beyond. You've been warned.

With the inclusion of Kelvin timeline content in STO will we being seeing anything from the new movie coming to the game? Maybe the new Starfleet uniforms? Jayla's staff weapon with her hologram decoys that can hit back might be cool. Krall's swarm ships as carrier pets could be neat, or a console that acts like the weapon he was going to use on Yorktown. Personally I'd like to see the new Enterprise-A introduced somehow, maybe as a ship costume for the Kelvin Constitution already in the game.

What do you guy think?

...OH! A ship console that deals damage by playing the Beastie Boys! That should be a thing, right? No? Ok.

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Sure bring it on, think „beyond“ was the very best of the past cinema releases.

Kirk’s and Chekov’s bomber jackets and a refurbished tier 6 franklin with pilot maneuvers would be the first stuff I get.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    The Sabotage ground module/ability is pretty thematically linked to the jamming wave, but a KT-themed variation of Emit Unstable Warp-Bubble might be appropriate (as it erases hostile fighters in a large PBAoE).

A swarmer small craft could be fun. Krall's command version that can launch 2 swarmers would also be neat. It would also be interesting to have a ship that IS a swarm rather than a single hull.

We could use a new space/ship trait that lets you launch +50% more ships from a hanger to get the swarm effect.

The Yorktown was just gorgeous. FINALLY someone put gravity-carpet to more interesting uses than making a layer cake.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    I want a Yorktown station pet.
    And a BOff of Jaylah's species.

And NOT in the dil store at 3397026-5778450909-202235.jpeg
    prices!
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    Not beyond related but I would love Sulu's retractable Katana from the first JJtrek.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Franklin as a t1 skin 4 the nx is a must.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    kekvin wrote: »
    Franklin as a t1 skin 4 the nx is a must.

No no, T6 Franklin is what it should be, with the NX skin allowed as well :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    No no, T6 Franklin is what it should be, with the NX skin allowed as well :)
    this^^

• Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    We already have Jaylahs holo decoys, it's called the Shard of Impossibilities or whatever, that makes 2 fighting copies of your captain.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • Options
    umbergreyumbergrey Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    ...OH! A ship console that deals damage by playing the Beastie Boys! That should be a thing, right? No? Ok.

Two piece set: "Can't stand it" and "I know you planned it". I am so in.
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User

"In the animal kingdom, we call it presentin'"
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    yiiiis all of it, gimmeh :D

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

YES! Please! The Beats and the Shouting!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Not beyond related but I would love Sulu's retractable Katana from the first JJtrek.
    WANT!

I still love that Romulan players can get Nero-style tattoos. :p
    http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/art/Diaula-s-crew-456256158
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    We already have Jaylahs holo decoys, it's called the Shard of Impossibilities or whatever, that makes 2 fighting copies of your captain.

shard of possibilities is not the same....

and wonky on availability as its "featured series" reward - who knows when it will be available next time.....

something with lower cooldwon [and maybe lesser duration and without that aoe confusion] would be nice....

especially as a kit module :)

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Aside from the Enterprise-A ship costume and the new uniforms, I want Jaylah's facial markings as an ingame tattoo.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I have Jaylas holographic fighing doohicky. I call it the Shard of Possibilities. Pretty darn the same to me. It appears out of nowhere, looks like me, inflicts damage, then disappears after a bit. Yep, thats it.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    She also uses it as a stick to beat you senseless with.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    Given we're gonna see storm troopers getting beat down with a stick before the end of the year, I'd say the stick is making a major comeback in sci-fi weaponry...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    Given we're gonna see storm troopers getting beat down with a stick before the end of the year, I'd say the stick is making a major comeback in sci-fi weaponry...
    I give it a 99% chance Rey upgrades her stick in the next movie. Remember: part of the process of going from Padawan to Apprentice is to build your own light sabre.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    I mean the guy in Rogue One :).
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Sure bring it on, think „beyond“ was the very best of the past cinema releases.

Now that's true. Beyond was really a Trek film for the y generation. Lin made a better film than JJ for sure...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    there was a major difference between the enterprise and the enterprise a in the movie? I'd love the beats and the yelling, and a jayla bridge officer would be cool
  • Options
    haurianthauriant Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I want the Franklin, but Tier-6 seems out (unless they say its re-designed with advanced technology). Basically, if we don’t have a Tier-6 NX (and we won’t), I don't see us having a Tier-6 Franklin-type/class. What I’m hoping is that the Franklin is small enough that it could be treated as a large shuttle. I’d pick that over a Delta Flyer or Captain’s Yacht, any day. If they gave us that and a Jellyfish, I’d be hard pressed to choose between them.

The holographic disguise could be distinguished from the Shard of Possibilities by 1) not firing weapons, only have them be targets that have massive agro, keeping enemies from firing on us and 2) having six or eight of them—some number larger than three.

I’d love to have a rock & roll music attack console (maybe in a set with a Gilbert & Sullivan attack console, from Insurrection; I don’t care if that Insurrection action scene made no sense; I still liked it). I don’t think we can get the Beastie Boys in game. Maybe just compose generic rock music. Or, how about licensing “I Hate You” by Edge of Etiquette? I bet Cryptic could afford that.

The quick-solidifying gas could be an interesting combination shield and hold.

I’d like some of the aliens in game. How about Keenser’s species as a Boff and one of those small aliens from the beginning as a pet?

If we go back to the Kelvin Timeline, visiting Yorktown Station could be nice. (Maybe we get confirmation that it’s named after the U.S.S. Yorktown we visited, after it had to be decommissioned after some heroic adventure. Maybe we get confirmation that Commodore Paris is related to Tom and Miral.)

Maybe we visit the Stargazer, while it’s in port. (For those who don’t know, the Stargazer was announced to be at Yorktown Station at the same time as the Enterprise.) Picard won’t be there (or anywhere), obviously, but that would only make it easier on Cryptic.

Basically, though, I want to visit that planet. Say we get contacted by Franklin Drake (or his other faction equivalents) who said intelligence has received information (from the Kelvin Timeline, it is implied or said) and that we have to defeat this enemy named Krall (our timeline's version, who is still around). Drake (or equivalents) tells us where to go.

In addition, maybe Krall has contacted the MACOs (now reestablished in our era), thinking that after our Ten-Front War, the Federation is now able to live up to his ideal of strength through surviving conflict. Do any of MACOs agree with him? Do they all turn him down? Maybe some MACOs pretend to side with him to infiltrate his swarm.

He could probably make a similar offer to Klingon warriors and Romulan survivors.

We could have Krall in game without Idris Elba’s face or his voice, and it would fit what’s established about him.

We could go to his world, face his swarm, enter the Franklin (hopefully getting it as a large shuttle), see evidence of a woman named Jaylah, who lived there over a century ago (maybe meet a descendent of hers, who we could get as a Boff), and defeat Krall.

• Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    Beyond actually felt like star trek, instead of a cash in.

I mean: Original plot that does not feed of the old movies and instead simply takes some themes from the Franchise and works them properly:

Kirk, for the first time, shows some development. Instead as the designated hero he comes off as human: What am i doign here, is this right for me. Elementary questions we all ask ourselves at least once in our lives.
    Doubting onces decisions and place in life has been part of many stories.

Spock wrangles once more with logic vs heart. A theme that never left the character.

Logic would dictate he go back to new vulcan and procreate, raise children the vulcan way.
    Heart says "yknow nyota can bear children too, plus you like her...".
    Old spock certainly raised the bar as far as accomplishments go, so should he live trying to live up to that man or should he go and live his own life that might not end up like Old Spocks achievement rack?

The Rest of the cast sure did not get that much focus, but they did give the overall feel of a crew that has worked and lived on the same ship for years.

The mood of the movie was totally different from the frist 2, the plot was not a convoluted mess and the pacing was excellent. The movie moved along fine and still had time to throw in humor and give room to lesser used characters.

It is a stark contrast to wrath of robokahn. And i think its good that the events of thatm ovie kinda got.. err.. ignored.

We should make Into Doh! the Threshold of the Star trek movies. In voyager tradtiton.

I can only reccoment Beyond, its the first good Trek we had in years that was not fanmade.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Couple of things I'm really looking forward to:

Firstly, I'd love the option to make my Klingons look like Kelvin Timeline Klingons, ridge rings, uniforms, the whole thing.

Secondly, those Romulan outfits Nero and his henchmen wore, I'd like those too please.

Lastly, I own a Kt Heavy cruiser, I'd like options in the ships tailor to make the ship look like it does in Beyond.

Pretty please :D
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    I can only reccoment Beyond, its the first good Trek we had in years that was not fanmade.

I completely agree.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    Heh, we've had a couple of good ones - Beyond is the first great one since about 1986 :)
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    there is big differences with folks who wrote in 1960's and lack of advance computer graphics, claymations and FX effects was all they have.

now we got so much graphic upgrades and all new special effects, and we are barely just getting into virtual 3D vision, several steps away to becoming holographic in future.
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    hauriant wrote: »
    If we go back to the Kelvin Timeline, visiting Yorktown Station could be nice. (Maybe we get confirmation that it’s named after the U.S.S. Yorktown we visited, after it had to be decommissioned after some heroic adventure. Maybe we get confirmation that Commodore Paris is related to Tom and Miral.)

I have a theory. I figure that since the Sphere Builders were involved, Terminal Expanse was an alternate timeline within the separate quantum reality. My theory is that the USS Yorktown that we meet in Terminal Expanse is the ship that was under construction at Starbase Yorktown, and the Enterprise was elsewhere, defending the Federation core worlds.

Just kind of a little fun bit of headcanon.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.