test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thoughts on the new costumes and their prices.

atomicmunkey#9096 atomicmunkey Member Posts: 41 Arc User
So, after reviewing the costumes on tribble, and now on Holodeck. the math involved, and the costumes worth, I personally think that they aren't worth it; and a huge middle finger to player fleets as a whole. Dilithium is a valuable resource to fleets, and reputation gear. It already has value and it's place within the game. Why make costumes literally 4 ships worth of zen? (1 zen per 500 dil) This decesion literally makes no sense on their part; and before anyone says "Players wanted a dil sink". A dilithium sink for costumes worth $50 a piece that are per character bound?! I sure as hell didn't want this, and neither did anyone else I know.
Only players I can see buying into this move is the whales who $50 means nothing to.

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Spock: Go to hell.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    thay8472 wrote: »

f76102bd0e6f840f2d4aa07a262a9727.jpg

If you have nothing to add. Please go to hell yourself :)
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I'd consider it at about half the current price, factoring in Fleet Dilithium Mine discounts.
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    I think his go to hell was directed at the pricing not you.
    Still.....there is a huge existing thread about this. Your post just splinters that discussion.
  • Options

The 'Go to hell' was my response to the maco outfits costing £42/$50 ... but maybe you didn't pick up on that ...

So in unneeded retaliation I will leave a picture of a melon here and leave you to speculate on what it means ...

watermelon2.jpg
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    It means that you want to pay 42 quid for a costume methinks.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    It means that you want to pay 42 quid for a costume methinks.​​

dude .. I want that outfit .. but .. It's in the foundry ... and that'll do me.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,526 Arc User
    I think you should post in one of the existing threads. Because of that I did not read your post.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    The sad thing is this is a negotiation. If people buy at this price the next item will be similarly priced. And maybe it will be something you want. Their initial offer is just plain stupid. Hopefully it will be universally shunned so we can start negotiating in good faith. I personally believe it is 10x too high and offer to buy the Maco costume at 200,000. That's a bit steep still.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    Im one of the whales in terms of money spending here... And HELL no. Will not be paying that much for an outfit bound to one char.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    Maybe they should consider changing the currency...sort of.
    By switching it to UNREFINED Dil, they would be removing a lot of potential Dil from circulation.
    Maybe the queues will bounce back, as a result.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options

The 'Go to hell' was my response to the maco outfits costing £42/$50 ... but maybe you didn't pick up on that ...

So in unneeded retaliation I will leave a picture of a melon here and leave you to speculate on what it means ...

watermelon2.jpg

My bad then. I thought it was directed at me for suggesting that they were right in making the prices so high.
  • Options
    I figured there'd be an existing thread, I'll just go post over there then.
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    200.000 to 500.000 dilithium seems reasonable, even for character unlocks (kind of like buying a ship with dilitium), more that than... you can keep it... i have other things to do with my dilithium.
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User

watermelon2.jpg

A melon? c'mon!, you dont need to go termonuclear about it!! :smiley:
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    5eLj905.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User

watermelon2.jpg

*GASP!!!* A melon!?! You deviant!
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I'd rather have these costumes show up in the C-store as account-wide unlocks for TWICE the normal price than have them appear in the dil store at the current prices for single-character unlocks.

The current prices are CRAZY and STUPID ... or CRAZY STUPID.

If this is how everything in the game is going to start being priced then I'm certain the devs are going to lose potential profit in this game instead of making more money. I know the ultimate goal is to make money from the game ... so the devs need to change these costume prices.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
This discussion has been closed.