test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO has industry-leading hit detection

k2QLoSr.png

An obstacle course with lots of hazards and platforming was a fantastic idea.

Comments

• Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Git gud
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Just not as good as Jade's spelling...
  • Options
    farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    jade1280 wrote: »
    Git gud

tsnQtx1H6In4wJGb8-C-hn1IghyLTBwru8nGT2KZxuM.jpg?w=320&s=d3b9cf5a50b0923395654547465e2380
  • Options
    leceterleceter Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    :D indeed
    you were hit by an ionized spark leaving the discharge not visible for the human eye
    hit detection is fine
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'll roughly echo Sela's lamp-shading from Uneasy Allies, who even in their most twisted minds would ever build places like that? Dust to dust is probably my least favorite mission in the game along with Operation Gamma due to the hoops one has to jump through.

Not to mention the stupidity of the part with the computer walls, especially when you get atop them, you freakin' can't even jump from one to another and just bypass the whole ridiculous maze because of invisible walls? Makes our captains look dumber than a hamster.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Kurland here ...[static]... ;)
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I'll roughly echo Sela's lamp-shading from Uneasy Allies, who even in their most twisted minds would ever build places like that? Dust to dust is probably my least favorite mission in the game along with Operation Gamma due to the hoops one has to jump through.

Not to mention the stupidity of the part with the computer walls, especially when you get atop them, you freakin' can't even jump from one to another and just bypass the whole ridiculous maze because of invisible walls? Makes our captains look dumber than a hamster.

Agreed. That sort of puzzle would probably have its legitimacy in a Mario or Zelda game, but it looks outright ridiculous and out of place in something like STO. And having to bear with Harry's constant soliloquies is not making things any easier, that's for sure...
  • Options
    leceterleceter Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    Agreed. That sort of puzzle would probably have its legitimacy in a Mario or Zelda game, but it looks outright ridiculous and out of place in something like STO. And having to bear with Harry's constant soliloquies is not making things any easier, that's for sure...

No, it's fits a Cryptic's game. Being a mass murder captain that moves/fires and accepts dialogs ... like Mario

This maze is taking the game to a whole new level, a rotten fungus would be overchallenged. You don't even have to remember visited paths.
  • Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    That mission annoys the hell out of me too, because the dodgy hits during the stop-start run are NOT the only bug there.

There's also the fact that the animation can get lagged so you see it's clear and it's actually NOT.
    The tab and mouse-click targeting during the jumping stupidity can AND will select either a target you can't hit (it's behind a wall, too far away, not even that section of the map!) or one that's been hit and therefore won't do anything.
    The dodgy hits can affect it as well, you hit none of the forcefields that instant drop the platform, there's plenty of time left before it drops and it just sudden vanishes on you.
    Then there's the camera that constantly resetting it's position or refusing to move where you want it to.
    And finally the fact that there just isn't enough time to do it on normal, let alone if that section of the map decides to lag...
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Oddly enough, I never had any issues in that area, only part I disliked was the platforms.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Oddly enough, I never had any issues in that area, only part I disliked was the platforms.​​

Occasional issue when you hit the wrong button, but the platforms definitely are worse. Still I've had my perfect platform runs on very hard with zero deaths. Helps to use a rifle with a fast firing speed and long range, and know which nodes to hit first.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    I used to hate those platforms . One of the things that helped me alot is using sniper rifle so you can one shot it and the last platform run you can basically breeze through if you stop at the third platform to the last and blast the last three nodes before moving on. It's tricky and you have to be aware of how much time you have on the platform you're standing on while your blasting away at the nodes but it can be done.

The maze though I am wondering is it the same maze and the prizes are re-positioned or are there different mazes?
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Heh. So not my favorite mission.

I would have been okay with some of the deathtraps and/or mazes. The whole thing together makes for one long, tedious grind.

Really hate the platforms. My hand/eye coordination sucks under good conditions, let alone those conditions.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    You should see the Hit Detection in SW Battlefront.
    Atrocious.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg