test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upgrades?

I thought there was no cap on upgrading weapons? I just upgraded my rifle from a Mk XIII to a Mk XIV and there is no difference in stats, nor did it go to an ultra rare variant like it said was supposed to? Is this a bug or is the information misleading or what? What's going on, please?

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    No, it's not bugged.

Upgrading an item upgrades it's mark up to Mark XIV. Every time you go up a mark, there is a percentage chance that the quality upgrades. Upgrading to Ultra Rare is not guaranteed, the 'result' shown in the bar is a possible result, not a guaranteed one. Once you reach maximum mark (XIV) you can keep using kits on it to try and upgrade it's rarity.

For a full explanation of how the upgrade system works, please refer to this article. It explains everything you need to know.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Brill, thank you.
  • Options
    No problem, if anything is unclear, please feel free to ask. :)
  • Options
    Oh one point. I know the right window is a potential upgrade but that is not what it said. The Ultra Rare was in the 'collect' window, i.e. it had been successful but wasn't delivered. That being said, the Ultra Rare variant actually had less DPS than the current Very Rare variant which really doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would I spend money to upgrade something to be worse than what I already have?
  • Options
    I have heard of a few items having that effect. If the stats went down, then that's a bug and you should make a post about it in the Bug Report forum. Upgrading an items rarity should not lower it's stats.

I know there were some items that did that, I thought they had fixed them all. Apparently, you found one that they missed.
  • Options
    Missed? Sorry, I don't understand. I upgraded it, in the collection window (at the end of the process) it said 'Ultra Rare ???' or something like that. The effects wouldn't display, they were replaced by question marks and the DPS dropped by three. When I collected the item it was still 'Very Rare' with all existing traits and zero increase in DPS. The only change was from Mk XIII to Mk XIV. So I'm assuming that's a bug, correct?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    The ? are normal.

When you upgrade an item and it increases in rarity, it gets another mod. The mod is random and it's only given if you get a rarity upgrade, so the ? is shown because it's pure random chance.

That being the case, if the item went from Mark XIII Very Rare to Mark XIV Very Rare then there should be an increase in the items stats. If that didn't happen, then it's possible that there is a bug with this item that's preventing it from upgrading correctly.

I can't tell you for sure it's bugged, I didn't see the upgrade, I don't even know what item we're talking about, but if you experienced a stat loss on mark upgrade then I would think that is something you should report as a bug.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll report it, see what they say. Probably sod off but you never know :wink: