test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The new loot-sharing is messing up shooter mode something fierce

jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
Having the pop-up for need/greed/pass items in shooter mode be effectively a modal dialog is deadly to those of us that use shooter mode. (This is not a discussion about whether or not to use shooter mode, people, so don't waste my time.) In the middle of Miner Incident my controls just went dead. Because the modal pop-up occurs over the chat window (which I'm not watching because, seriously, chat window) I didn't see it, and I spent a nice 30 seconds getting very close to dead because my movement and turning controls were locked down.

Not a good design decision. Worse, it forces me to make a choice I don't even want to make--I'm happy to let the items expire. Please consider reversing this UI feature--or tell me how to disable it. It's. Not. Good.
boldly-watched.png

Comments

• Options
    wintermutevreswintermutevres Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I'm in the same boat. Theres something needs to be done about those pop ups. Lock ups can be deadly esp on elite. Also was it really nescessary to force same keybinds for both modes? I use right mouse button to aim in shooter mode but when theres no combat i preferred to walk around in rpg mode and use right mouse to turn camera. Now i can't and it really is annoying.
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'm trying to remember if I wrote a bug on it or not. I might have. I'll have to go look now, and fight my way past Arc Defender. Again.

<cue "time-passing" music from well-known game show in which all the answers are questions>

I didn't. I think I'll take care of that little oversight right now.
    boldly-watched.png