test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Returning to 23c Space Dock - Let Us Count the Ways

Time and again I have seen posts made where people propose ideas of how to return to 23rd Century Space Dock or to obtain the items and supplies available there. Some of those ideas have been good, some have been rather harebrained. But, good or bad, coherent or crazy, let’s get them all out on the table. Let’s use our collective creativity and gather all those ideas to one place. Develop the good, mark the unfeasible, and give the developers an idea of what we would like to see.

Comments

• Options
    kovabombkovabomb Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I recently had the thought that perhaps the holodecks or replicators (which are normally just set dressing) could be put to good use. Rather than risk mucking-up the timeline, we could go to a holodeck and call up a recreation of 23c Space Dock or go to a replicator and call up a store tab for the supplies that were available at 23c Space Dock. That at least would be a believable way to obtain the items of the 23rd century. As for the personnel, one of our temporal contacts could be given a store tab of “temporally displaced” 23c BOFFs.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    23rd century ESD is sweet, all retro and all. :) But it always feels more like a ship interior than a space station, really (probably because they 'borrowed' a lot from the already existing TOS interior). Still, I'd love for a way to be able to return to it!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    I say that you can go though the same access portal that you go to for the Life Sub base and it takes you to the far corner of the TOS map. (There would be essentially a second option on the portal). However, when you go into the new universe with any ship but either the TOS Constitution or TOS Pioneer, you get one of those defined hologuises (Ratchet and Clank player here, so I am used to calling holographic disguies a hologuises) so you don't look out of place. On the TOS map it would be marked as spacial anomaly so players would not understand what it is until they get to the 25th century.
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!