test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auto focus

saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
How the hell do I turn this aids off? I've turned off everything related to it in the settings menu and the god damn game is STILL focusing on my target making it an impossible nightmare in ground combat. I want it off. I want my Camera to point in the TRIBBLE direction I turn it. Please, how do I do this?

Comments

• Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    I use free camera, on the ground and in space. However sometimes it is reset to follow target. Focus end auto focus is not the same as camera behaviour.
  • Options
    fovrel wrote: »
    I use free camera, on the ground and in space. However sometimes it is reset to follow target. Focus end auto focus is not the same as camera behaviour.

That's what's got me mad. I've turned that on. These are my camera settings:

AOE Target assist - off
    Select Auto target on attack - on
    Free Camera - on
    Always face forward - off
    Disable Auto attack - on

Despite this every time I target something, the camera swings around to face it and since targeting in a ground environment is considerably imprecise, half the time the camera is doing a 180 turn with my character facing who I'm targeting which makes ducking into cover extremely difficult. It's especially infuriating during AOE attacks.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Part of the problem might be what your keybinds for your camera are. I have "Enable Camera Rotation" on Left Drag, which prevents the camera from snapping around.

I use the mouse to pan around and target manually, but everything else is done with custom keybinds on the wsad area of my keyboard.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    As far as I'm aware I don't have keybinds for the camera? Unless the game defaults to some and I'm not aware? What you describe you do is exactly what I want to do, insofar as Camera panning, but the settings aren't allowing me to do that.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    TpiLpFk.jpg

Should look something like this.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    Slight differences in non-related areas but pretty much.