test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Department of Temporal Investigations

Dulmur and Lucsly thought James Kirk was a menace with 17 temporal violations. If Kirk is a menace then they must want our heads mounted on their wall. Seriously though with all this constant time traveling, it would be neat to have to report to the Department of Temporal Investigations at some point. Or perhaps like Daniels, Dulmur and Lucsly can become involved in the story in some way?

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    well as we caused the Temporal Cold War by firing the Krenim time ship ... I think they'll want to do us more harm than simply mounting our heads on the wall.
    Hell because of our actions, we're the reason for the mass genocide the 'Sphere Builders' committed in other realities.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Dulmur and Lucsly thought James Kirk was a menace with 17 temporal violations. If Kirk is a menace then they must want our heads mounted on their wall. Seriously though with all this constant time traveling, it would be neat to have to report to the Department of Temporal Investigations at some point. Or perhaps like Daniels, Dulmur and Lucsly can become involved in the story in some way?
    I'm sure they want our head doubly on the wall since we (the TOS captain, at least) saved Kirk twice, allowing him to violate time 17 times. But heh, I saved the Alliance, even their own temporal skins, many times and I can grant diplomatic immunity at will, so nyanyanyanyanya! :P
    well as we caused the Temporal Cold War by firing the Krenim time ship
    Hm, Noye is the one who pushed us to use it against our reservations (and then proceeded to blame us for the consequences HE and his team failed to take into account) and then started the TCW by telling the Tuterians we did it.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    There is not much they could do to us really as we're a temporal linchpin - without our existance, the current timestream would be null and void due to being the spearhead of many battles and galaxy spanning defeats of enemies who would destroy everything

...and as to incarcerating us? I know too many dirty secrets for that to be a good idea (good luck stopping me, I've took forays past future and present to ensure you'll never find all the documents) and killing? I've beaten a herald ravager down bare handed once or twice and tanked orbital strikes - so to try that route is asking for trouble

It would be fun though to visit the DTI, just to see them running about and the head banging his/her/its skull off the desk, begging my guy to think before time leaping more..or heck, meeting someone who looks suspiciously like old versions of ourselves, dropping cryptic hints on the adventures we are yet to have while propping up a bar stool...the 'good old days' as it were​​
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    well as we caused the Temporal Cold War by firing the Krenim time ship
    Hm, Noye is the one who pushed us to use it against our reservations (and then proceeded to blame us for the consequences HE and his team failed to take into account) and then started the TCW by telling the Tuterians we did it.

We fired it first willingly at the rock with the Iconian 'clue' on it which lead to the events of it being fired again at a Borg Gateway. ( which to me made no sense ... surely the gateway would have been built after the Borg took Romulus? Thus we erased the gate ... but all the other Borg stuff would have stayed? )
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    As I do with Archer I suspect DTI's future counterparts helped clean up and cover up temporal incidents they dragged us into. Having 17 temporal violations on record is not the same thing as having been involved in 17 separate cases of temporal violations, after all!
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    While it would be nice to visit with Dulmur and Lucsly, remember what year it is. Those two guys might be retired or dead in 2410.

Also agree that Noye isn't taking his fair share of the blame for what happened. Although, he probably doesn't remember what he did any more than we're supposed to remember what happened to the Tuterians.

Truth is, he was a nut case before the Annorax incident and time has not improved him.
    Haven't played through all of the new episodes yet, but I have a feeling Noye is being set up as the Envoy. Don't tell me... I'd like to be surprised.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    While it would be nice to visit with Dulmur and Lucsly, remember what year it is. Those two guys might be retired or dead in 2410.

Also agree that Noye isn't taking his fair share of the blame for what happened. Although, he probably doesn't remember what he did any more than we're supposed to remember what happened to the Tuterians.

Truth is, he was a nut case before the Annorax incident and time has not improved him.
    Haven't played through all of the new episodes yet, but I have a feeling Noye is being set up as the Envoy. Don't tell me... I'd like to be surprised.

Well spoiler below.
    Noye is your father. . . . and grandfather, and uncle's cousin's former roommate.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    I really wonder about Noye's motives. He believes that he is trying to restore the family that was erased from history by the Federation, but there is no proof that they actually existed. It could be some temporal agent inserting false information into a temporal ship or from another reality where the Federation is more ruthless than the one we know. The Sphere Builders deceived the Xindi with false temporal knowledge and it is likely part of the Temporal Villains 101 course.
    feiqa wrote: »

Well spoiler below.
    Noye is your father. . . . and grandfather, and uncle's cousin's former roommate.

There is a Duty Officer that is based off of a Robert Heinlein short story that uses this concept.
    Although I would also add that Noye is you, your mother, and your grandmother.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    I really wonder about Noye's motives. He believes that he is trying to restore the family that was erased from history by the Federation, but there is no proof that they actually existed. It could be some temporal agent inserting false information into a temporal ship or from another reality where the Federation is more ruthless than the one we know. The Sphere Builders deceived the Xindi with false temporal knowledge and it is likely part of the Temporal Villains 101 course.

Well spoiler below.

There is a Duty Officer that is based off of a Robert Heinlein short story that uses this concept.

Which one and how do we get him/her?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I'm surprised we hadn't a FE on this. I'm sure by now we caught someone's attention.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »

Well spoiler below.

Which one and how do we get him/her?

Jane Zombie from getting a crit on one of the Temporal Beacon assignments from the Temporal Lockbox.
  • Options
    darkenviousdarkenvious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    I don't think they will ever do anything to the player, because I believe that we the players are the ones that keep the timeline held together and if we are gone the timeline would be destroyed
  • Options
    trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Hell because of our actions, we're the reason for the mass genocide the 'Sphere Builders' committed in other realities.
    This is terrible logic that wouldn't be true anywhere.

No one forced the Sphere Builders to seek revenge and kill millions. They could, and were, surviving in their own realm just fine.

+ bonus points for them being in that transdimensional real thx to their attempts of changing the past...

Star Treks lessons from these stories? if you want fix the problems of today do not try it by "fixing" the past

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • Options
    capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    Semi-related, but I'd highly recommend the Star Trek DTI novel titled 'Watching the Clock'...; might explain a lot more to you about how they go about their business.... :)
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    capemike4 wrote: »
    Semi-related, but I'd highly recommend the Star Trek DTI novel titled 'Watching the Clock'...; might explain a lot more to you about how they go about their business.... :)

I plug for that series and recommend the two books every chance I get when Star Trek time travel comes up.

All those little discontinuities and paradoxes...? Dealt with in a way that actually makes sense and is actually adapted from real theories from actual scientists and mathematicians. The author did his homework and then some.

My head would've exploded if I'd tried to write either of those two books like he did.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)