What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    A new mission? Maybe a couple of missions? I can't wait :D
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    It looks like our AoY characters get to go back to the 23rd century, and put down some Romulan dogs...
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Gah... DP'd
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    Gah... DP'd

Did it hurt? ;)

On topic, Cryptic's forgetting to give the TOS female Romulans the rest of their sashes that fly in the winnnd.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited July 2016
    :'( great more proof they could have done an awesome 6-8 TOS mission Romulan version of the fed one but chose not too

I'll play it, prolly love it, but it REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY blows that I can't make a 23c RSE character and play these missions from a Romulan perspective.

@tacofangs ya might wanna slap the people on that mission's team and make sure that the female romulan gets her uniform fixed :p

also... I like that rifle
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    This would be nice. I think that rifle dropped during the 23c Romulan part of the new story. It looks like it but just says disruptor. And I can upgrade it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Oh this looks good!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    This is relevant to my interests.

wnhx6FB.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    farmallm wrote: »
    This would be nice. I think that rifle dropped during the 23c Romulan part of the new story. It looks like it but just says disruptor. And I can upgrade it.

hmm I got a buncha odd drops outta galorndon but no rifles :( Did get one 23c plasma array but since its all alone I haven't used it to see if its visually distinct yet.
  • Options

hmm I got a buncha odd drops outta galorndon but no rifles :( Did get one 23c plasma array but since its all alone I haven't used it to see if its visually distinct yet.

I see that mission may be worth repeating some, to see what other goodies drop.

• Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    From a story standpoint, IF we had playable 23rd century Romulans, why would a diehard Imperial ever want to join the Federation or the KDF in the future?
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Come to think of it I had a fleetmate mention getting a 23c plasma cannon drop from that mission, too. Said it looked like the phaser cannon but with the plasma coloring.

There's clearly a lot of items we have limited access to in this expansion, gives me hope we'll see that expanded upon. After all, we know the mantra from the bean counters is basically "if it can't be monetized, it probably won't be made". I'd be shocked if these weapons weren't introduced into crafting, some kind of dil sink, or something else to make them more readily available while also costing some kind of resource. Surely they wouldn't make all these fancy new 23c weapons and make it so they're only ever available as random drops... right?
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    maybe we will get this next patch?
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    Gah... DP'd

That happened to me once, but it wasn't an accident.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    mailman650 wrote: »
    From a story standpoint, IF we had playable 23rd century Romulans, why would a diehard Imperial ever want to join the Federation or the KDF in the future?

They wouldn't much like even the most diehard Romulan Republic fan. That was easy wasn't it?

For a more game mechanics perspective, its actually quite simple. The Tal Shiar wasn't an omi-present cancerous corruption in the 23rd century for the RSE, the Government wasn't led by an "Empress" with a history of incompetence, failure, and temper tantrums that brings in aliens to hunt her own people.

I'm a die hard imperialist for Romulans but it doesn't take much to see that the caricature of the Empire that Cryptic wrote is a diseased dead end. The Republic is a joke atm but it can be built upon, or discarded for something else, and right now its the Romulan power in the region. So a 23c Romulan wouldn't necessarily like/love the RR but most would see it as better than the rotting carcass that is the Star Empire in 2410.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    On topic, Cryptic's forgetting to give the TOS female Romulans the rest of their sashes that fly in the winnnd.
    But she is wearing the TOS Romulan helmet. Something I can't do with my own Romulan female characters. Let us hope that fix gets to players.

(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

be careful, once you upgrade this weapon, it is bound to character. I had a 23c disruptor sniper rifle (very good as I like sniper rifle), but i made the mistake to upgrade this weapon with a toon who had the resources, and bam! bound to character.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I was hoping we might see perspective missions from the other two faction's side in the aoy missions, and that they might be pushed out later in the expansion though. The idea behind it is that it would spread out the content abit more to give the team more time to polish it all to the same extent by focusing on one perspective over doing all three at one time. Also that would give us more content overall to play thru.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    More TOS related contend! Whatever it is it will be cool. I love AoY. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    Maybe Sela decided to mess up (or re-adjust, from a certain point of view) the timeline again.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Likely just a screenshot someone took with some TOS Romulans?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Warbirds decloaking!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    mailman650 wrote: »

They would join the Republic. from what I remember the TOS era RSE wasn't quite as corrupt and broken as the TNG era one. the Republic just might be attractive to such a character, especially the lack of Tal Shiar meddling.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    Probably going to be some sort of ground queue on Cestus since this 'expansion' hasn't got one at the moment.
    psiameese wrote: »
    But she is wearing the TOS Romulan helmet. Something I can't do with my own Romulan female characters. Let us hope that fix gets to players.

It hasn't so far.
    I checked on my KDF Romulan, who has his entire Bridge Officer line-up using the ToS Romulan outfits, after my AoY character did that Galorndon Core mission and saw all the female troopers using the helmet.
    On a related note, let the girls use D'vexs old helmet picked up from Virinat too.
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Probably going to be some sort of ground queue on Cestus since this 'expansion' hasn't got one at the moment.
    psiameese wrote: »

It hasn't so far.
    I checked on my KDF Romulan, who has his entire Bridge Officer line-up using the ToS Romulan outfits, after my AoY character did that Galorndon Core mission and saw all the female troopers using the helmet.
    On a related note, let the girls use D'vexs old helmet picked up from Virinat too.

Bugs like this can take a *long* time to get fixed. I wasn't able to use all the Honor Guard costume pieces on my KDF-Alien for a long time even though I unlocked them before the Reputation-System was introduced.

I still have KDF Elite-fleet dual disruptor pistols that use the model of the Sniper rifle. Which is... funny to look at.

• Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    Romulan or Reman females have never had the option to wear D'vexs old helmet. Only found out it was wearable and not a trophy or something when I was browsing through what I could change on Toven.
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Personally, I would still love to be able to use a reman uniform on my rommie...
  • Options
    Romulan or Reman females have never had the option to wear D'vexs old helmet. Only found out it was wearable and not a trophy or something when I was browsing through what I could change on Toven.

thats ok... I just found out... now....
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Looks like a bunch of goofs running around with turn-of-the-20th-centruy football helmets, impractical short skirts, obnoxious pants, and scarfs, LARPing in Arizona.
  • Options

be careful, once you upgrade this weapon, it is bound to character. I had a 23c disruptor sniper rifle (very good as I like sniper rifle), but i made the mistake to upgrade this weapon with a toon who had the resources, and bam! bound to character.

I think that is what it is. I have to look at it again.

Thanks for the heads up. The Fed that got it don't use snipers often. So I will send it to another character who does more often.