test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WARNING: do NOT watch new 'Star Trek Beyond' trailers!

mrtrexy#6456 mrtrexy Member Posts: 97 Arc User
In what seems to be a misstep for the marketing machine, Paramount UK has posted a new promo that we feel reveals far too much about Star Trek Beyond’s villain Krall, it is titled “Be Ready”. TrekMovie recommends everyone avoid this video, it really is that big of a deal. The video is making the rounds, and people who noticed it when it first posted, watched it, and now regret it. We will not be posting a link to it, however it is already out there on social media, so you’ve been warned!

http://trekmovie.com/2016/07/17/spoiler-alert-stay-far-away-from-newest-promo-be-ready/

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Thanks for pointing this out, just tracked it down and watched it ... fascinating ... I'm suddenly more interested in this movie
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    I've never had a problem with spoilers. And this is just another thing to make me want to see the movie more. :)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    SPOILER ALERT

Darth Vader is his sled.
    No!! That's not true!! It's IMPOSSIBLE!!!​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    SPOILER ALERT

Darth Vader is his sled.
    No!! That's not true!! It's IMPOSSIBLE!!!​​

Well, I might as well come out and say it, then: Soylent Green is...Iconians.

boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    Oh, and at the end of Titanic, the boat sinks.

Next, I'll reveal the secret ending to The Hindenberg.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Cannot find this trailer.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I saw it, but it already matched something Elba said in a press release a long time ago.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I'm not that excited about Beyond to avoid trailers.
    That said I'm going to see it this week sometime.

But thanks for the heads up. Not like I watch much TV, so for myself, I've seen almost nothing on the new movie.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Han Solo is dead.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    Han Solo is dead.

Wait--what? He totally owes me two shipments of...I mean, that's a shame.

boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    I think I saw @artan42 getting crushed by one of those crab ships ... Even in an alternate reality you won't go back to the Marmite factory!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I think I saw @artan42 getting crushed by one of those crab ships ... Even in an alternate reality you won't go back to the Marmite factory!

Oh yeah! Prove it was me...​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    SPOILER ALERT

Darth Vader is his sled.
    No!! That's not true!! It's IMPOSSIBLE!!!
    Since no one seemed to get the reference...

That's not true!!​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Anyone have that link of the video trailer we "are NOT" supposed to watch?pig-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Why would anyone here watch Star Trek Beyond trailers? Everyone here hates the movies and what not, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Why would anyone here watch Star Trek Beyond trailers? Everyone here hates the movies and what not, right?

It is indeed a 'slap in the face' and a bastardisation of 'True Trek TM'.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    The trailers have gone beyond today's trailer norms.

• Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    thay8472 wrote: »

Oh yeah! Prove it was me...

Everyone was spreading you on toast.

Oooh, that explains that then.​​

#TASforSTO